Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A couple of things here.

1. The Palm Profile does NOT backup or store images except for the small, embedded images for contacts (which are NOT stored in any folder called 'Files').

2. Google syncs your contact images as well but, again, they are NOT stored in a folder called 'Files'.

Either these items were created from a third party application or they were copied to your (which could mean refurbished or someone having some fun). My bet is on the third party application since others experienced the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by debilater View Post
    These are example images delivered by palm. I had them from the start with 1.3.1. Would be interesting to know, who those people are and if they know they made it to example images on a phone
    I only had some default wallpaper on my phone and my wife's phone. I never received any new images due to an update.
    I had the same thing happen to me, but I recognized a few of the pictres. They were from that hot babe application, which didn't have any hot babes. It was just a bunch of random pics. The "Endless babes" application, which I once had installed on my pre. That app was good just for laughs, it's a bunch of pictures of random things, NO BABES!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAlien View Post
    Actually, it DOES sync photos with FB, pulls their current profile pic.
    syncing photos and pulling contact images are two entirely separate things. It is still correct to say the pre does not sync photos. To say otherwise is misleading. People may assume their photos are safe without a backup.

Syncing is also a two way street. The pre simply pulls contact images from FB or google. This is not syncing.
    Thus the qualifier,"pulls their profile pic". Sorry if I was misleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_task_king View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me, but I recognized a few of the pictres. They were from that hot babe application, which didn't have any hot babes. It was just a bunch of random pics. The "Endless babes" application, which I once had installed on my pre. That app was good just for laughs, it's a bunch of pictures of random things, NO BABES!
    </thread>
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    These are not a bunch of chessey faceshots photos? In the web doctor it carries the demo photos as well just wondering if something went astray.

Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by debilater View Post
    These are example images delivered by palm. I had them from the start with 1.3.1. Would be interesting to know, who those people are and if they know they made it to example images on a phone
    This has happened to me as well. My Photo Roll, Downloads, Screen Captures, and Wallpaper are there like they used to be and the photos in them are unchanged. Folders for all my various applications have appeared, plus some random stuff that looks like stock from Palm with various icons and such. However, there are folders, such as "General", "People", "Xmas" that contain what look like personal photos. This is really shocking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneFW View Post
    This has happened to me as well. My Photo Roll, Downloads, Screen Captures, and Wallpaper are there like they used to be and the photos in them are unchanged. Folders for all my various applications have appeared, plus some random stuff that looks like stock from Palm with various icons and such. However, there are folders, such as "General", "People", "Xmas" that contain what look like personal photos. This is really shocking.
    Wouldn't let me upload all the photos. Here are the rest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do you have that spot the difference game installed? Those look like the pics from it.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Those look like pics from a spot the differences type of app. I don't have such an app installed yet it's pretty clear that's what they are just by looking at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Those look like pics from a spot the differences type of app. I don't have such an app installed yet it's pretty clear that's what they are just by looking at them.
    Yep. Just checked on my daughters phone (she loves that game) looks like the same pics to me. No idea how they got into the photos section of the phone though. They arent showing on hers anywhere but inside the game app itself.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12