1.    #1  
    me n my friend who have a palm pre started to have some issues after 1.4 But I swear if you reboot twice ur phone is gonna work like a charm...i reboot it twice cause I had a lag,couldnt send videos, etc....n boyyy this 1.4 update is the s h I t a BIG IMPROVEMENT!!!!
    I think a lot of folks don't realize that after an OS update, webOS has services that probably go through and update things in the background after the initial boot-up under the new update.

I noticed after initially installing, that my Pre was a little sluggish, so I put the Pre down and went to bed. When I woke, the Pre was responding much better and now seems very fast.

My guess is that webOS 1.4 is going through doing Synergy tasks, working on the call log, etc. during its first few minutes/hours of life on the phone and people are trying to use everything while it's trying to get its legs.

I would just wait a while. If people reboot the phone, that might make it stop whatever it's doing at the time and "improve" performance, but eventually it will need to go back and clean up/finish whatever it was doing.

Patience.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    valid point gadget.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I think a lot of folks don't realize that after an OS update, webOS has services that probably go through and update things in the background after the initial boot-up under the new update.

I noticed after initially installing, that my Pre was a little sluggish, so I put the Pre down and went to bed. When I woke, the Pre was responding much better and now seems very fast.

My guess is that webOS 1.4 is going through doing Synergy tasks, working on the call log, etc. during its first few minutes/hours of life on the phone and people are trying to use everything while it's trying to get its legs.

I would just wait a while. If people reboot the phone, that might make it stop whatever it's doing at the time and "improve" performance, but eventually it will need to go back and clean up/finish whatever it was doing.

Patience.
    yup, that's why I posted that, a lot of ppl complaining or mayb they ARE having problems...but I'm telling you that I bet if they reboot twice is gonna feel A LOT BETTER!!! It feels so awsome for me I really fall in love wit this phone more n more lol