Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. dirtaymcgirt
    they said they had just recieved an email literally 5 minutes before i got on the phone with them (11 23 EST), that stated users will get the over the air update within 10 days of the 27th. just thought id let u no. relax and wait i guess...
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Uh oh. Sorry guys. =/
    I really feel sorry for Canada and Bell users though. They often get the worst treatment.
    You have to be kidding me 10 days from today?

That is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard.

That's it I am canning those azzholes. I am done with them.

Ill pay the money to get the hell out of there.

Hmmmmm guess I will have to look at the other carriers.
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post

Not so fast, PRE_LUVER. He said within ten days not in exactly ten days. You'll probably get the update monday.

i would probably do the same thing if i were u
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

SPRINT!! cheaper and same coverage, at least in my area in NC
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I thought it was VzW that had the definitive 12 AM on the 27th date in the first place.

I am sick of getting backhanded by VZ, I mean come on, pay for navigator per month? It's built into the PHONE!!!
    Everyone will get their webOS 1.4...However, in the past when I had a Treo 650, 700p, & Centro with Verizon, the updates to the OS would not always come @ the same time as Sprint. There were times that it was carrier-specific updates. However, I do remember that there was a big update to speed up the 700p, it came on Sprint first because Verizon had to test it. It took a month later before the Verizon 700p to get it. Well, there were some bugs with it anyways & it took another 2 months to correct it. Hopefully, all Verizon Pre+ & Pixi+ will get it sooner than that. Hopefully they can fix some Verizon specific bugs as well.

How bout you stop acting like a little child and wait. Or better yet act on emotion and pay the money because your to impatient to wait one weak.
    Starting midnight tonight, and rolling through from then on, 1.4 will be made available to download OTA on Verizon.. 100 percent certain
    Hopefully this is what's going on... From another Verizon 1.4 thread:

Quote Originally Posted by R.O.C. View Post
    On Availability...

The software will arrive on customer's devices anytime over 10 days starting Saturday 2/27, depending on the date that the device checks in with the server. The device will randomly check for the update every seven days.
    You sound like a stranded traveler stomping his feet at the airline when the plane can't take off in five feet of snow.

Anyone know where those chill pills are? Sounds like a few people need it.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    id does make since because the pre plus on verizon supports different features then the one on sprint. mobile hot spot and such. plus i am sure the difference with the processing power came into play. not to mention, any problems can be worked out a head of time for you all
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    How bout you stop acting like a little child and wait. Or better yet act on emotion and pay the money because your to impatient to wait one weak.
    LOL! Emotion and impatience are my favorite two sidekicks. But I have to admit your post would have been much more intelligent if you did not resort to name calling or spelled week correctly.

I'm just saying if you want to pack a punch do it the right way
    Quote Originally Posted by howser87 View Post
    I thought it was VzW that had the definitive 12 AM on the 27th date in the first place.

I am sick of getting backhanded by VZ, I mean come on, pay for navigator per month? It's built into the PHONE!!!
    there is a sprint for that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    id does make since because the pre plus on verizon supports different features then the one on sprint. mobile hot spot and such. plus i am sure the difference with the processing power came into play. not to mention, any problems can be worked out a head of time for you all
    there isn't a difference in processing power, just RAM and storage. That shouldn't have anything to do with the update. More than likely it's Verizon's approval process which others have commented on.
    this has really pi**ed me off too. When they say in 10 days that means on the last minute of the tenth day. Just like the supposed feb date was end of feb. I'm gonna be giving verizon a call today too. There is no excuse for this bs
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonybmancini View Post
    Starting midnight tonight, and rolling through from then on, 1.4 will be made available to download OTA on Verizon.. 100 percent certain
    Time zone? source?
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    there isn't a difference in processing power, just RAM and storage. That shouldn't have anything to do with the update. More than likely it's Verizon's approval process which others have commented on.

Dont the carriers get it ahead of time?
    Dont the carriers get it ahead of time?
    More than likely yes, but that still doesn't mean Verizon approves it at the same time. VZW is known for have a very..."difficult" approval process. They tend to hold things to a higher standard than other carriers, or at least that's the BS excuse they give when they hold up updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast