Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    thanks.
    Sometimes people simply change the name is a quote to say that they are quoting them.
    At least in some other boards that I've been on.

I agree about Verizon being a good company. I've been with them for 12 years.
    Their #1 priority is their network and its a damn good one. and I'm sure everyone agrees with me when I say, "screw what phone you're using, if the network sucks it doesnt matter."

Over the years, I've had to deal wth VZW not always having the best phones "first" but at least I knew that my "coverage" the thing that I actually pay for every month was going to be good. and eventually, I'd get the phone that I wanted.

Even though I want the update I dont care about waiting a few extra weeks days or hours.
    I know that they'll do it right. Maybe they're watching Sprint's update and seeing where they screwed up so that they can clean up any last minute things before they send it to their own customers.

That's kinda what they did with the Pre.

At the end of the day, I'm happy with Verizon and will proably always stay with them, I simply feel that they are the best.

*unless the charge for the video feature LOL
    Not exactly. Verizon can suggest changes, and they may have carrier specific options (Hotspot and what not) But they aren't actually making the change to the phones or the firmware. If they are watching for any issues then I'd be upset if I were a Verizon customer because that would most likely mean waiting for a 1.4.1 update, which Sprint would get as well... Unless of course the "problems" are with the Verizon specifics then that's a whole other ballgame.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Was that screen cap from VZW's front page? Trying to look for it as well.
    No it's from from Verizon's own intranet that only employees can view. I got it last night from another thread here.

Also I can't believe people are so gullible to think that Verizon would charge for video recording, lol.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    No it's from from Verizon's own intranet that only employees can view. I got it last night from another thread here.

Also I can't believe people are so gullible to think that Verizon would charge for video recording, lol.
    Sorry about that, I said it as an easily recognizable (at least in my opinion) joke and everyone ran with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_-_Skywalker
    I mean come on, how easy is it to fake a quote link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post

First, ah that's cool. Would love to have known what was said at that "Learn More" link....

Second, I was kinda giggling at the gullibility too. But I have been duped before so I wasn't going to make a big deal about it...
    Why complain that you don't have 1.4 right now? Verizon users have barely had the phone a month, so this makes sense, just be patient.
    Switch to 4G with sprint! The customer service is outstanding!
    thanks for not making a big deal about it.
    since some people on here are so smart and know everything,
    they like to point out everythinng like that.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post
    man I don't like verizon for leaving us out in the cold!
    I understand being upset, I am too. I hate that they haven't given it to us.

Seriously though, didn't I see somewhere yesterday that VZW had definitively stated a 12AM 27th launch date and time for 1.4? I am not complaining, but I would like to know. If they can't meet their own deadlines why post them in the first place?

Take a page from Sprint's book and just drop it out of the blue the month you promised.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 03/01/2010 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by howser87 View Post
    I understand being upset, I am too. I hate that they haven't given it to us.

Seriously though, didn't I see somewhere yesterday that VZW had definitively stated a 12AM 27th launch date and time for 1.4? I am not complaining, but I would like to know. If they can't meet their own deadlines why post them in the first place?

Take a page from Sprint's book and just drop it out of the blue the month you promised.
    Who knows if there is any legitimacy to any of the so called "time claims."

It could happen or could not. I am just ****ed that I have spent so much time hitting the update button to get video recording that I was told the phone had it in the first place. I have missed numerous times with my almost 2 year old daughter where I pulled my phone out and went oops.....
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve29510 View Post
    Switch to 4G with sprint! The customer service is outstanding!
    what the HELL are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    what the HELL are you talking about?
    first wimax/4g phone this summer..... no confirmation on the OS yet, but Sprint has said they will have atleast 1 phone out this summer and more by the end of the year (can't remember how many more)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Why complain that you don't have 1.4 right now? Verizon users have barely had the phone a month, so this makes sense, just be patient.
    Post of the hour! :-) I've had my Pre Plus for just about eight days, and I'm still figuring out what 1.3.5.1 does.
    Tick ... Tick... Tick ...goes the 1.4 for Verizon. According to the four Verizon Reps I have spoken to today, Verizon is tweaking the update and should issue it possibly as soon as tonight at 12 AM. If they finish. Otherwise I was told I could get it Monday from the Store's Flash Workstation.

I'm not sure if this is 100% Fact. Just passing on what I know. FWTW

notimeoff
    Quote Originally Posted by twinmoons View Post
    this has really pi**ed me off too. When they say in 10 days that means on the last minute of the tenth day. Just like the supposed feb date was end of feb. I'm gonna be giving verizon a call today too. There is no excuse for this bs
    Seriously?? February is already over where you are? Wow, to live in the future; how cool would that be. Unfortunately, it appears to make its inhabitants a little impatient and irritable.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Seriously?? February is already over where you are? Wow, to live in the future; how cool would that be. Unfortunately, it appears to make its inhabitants a little impatient and irritable.
    lol

I'm just happy that it's coming soon or later
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howser87 View Post
    I thought it was VzW that had the definitive 12 AM on the 27th date in the first place.

I am sick of getting backhanded by VZ, I mean come on, pay for navigator per month? It's built into the PHONE!!!
    You pay for navigation?? Standard with Sprint.
    Not knockin you, just sayin....call and raise HE11.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preak View Post
    Don't raise hell with Palm. It was VZW's decision.
    And raising hell with VZW won't get you far either.

Patience is virtue.
    Quote Originally Posted by preak View Post
    Oh ya, lot of good that'll do. It's been a $9.99 monthly service feature on VZW for 4 years now. You think calling and raising hell will make them re-think price offerings?
    is it just me or has the update app been hanging for the last three hours on verizon? Every time I hit update it just hangs.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I dunno if its just you but I had no trouble. Update landed, downloaded, unpacked and installed fine with no issues that I could see.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast