Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by howser87 View Post
    I thought it was VzW that had the definitive 12 AM on the 27th date in the first place.

I am sick of getting backhanded by VZ, I mean come on, pay for navigator per month? It's built into the PHONE!!!
    there is a sprint for that...

Sprint's was dated for the 26th and it came close to midnight pacific time, so we should expect the same for Verizon's 1.4 tonight.

I think Palm planned this release to roll out to most carriers within days. Which is a good thing. I also have a Droid and it's ridiculous what Android is doing with their software updates.
    Last edited by Krod301; 02/27/2010 at 11:12 AM.
  3. dirtaymcgirt
    yo bros, do u think our verizon pre plus's will be faster with 1.4 because of the extra ram and stuff? like opening apps and the occasional lag that hits when using apps
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post

Sprint's was dated for the 26th and it came close to midnight pacific time, so we should expect the same for Verizon's 1.4 tonight.

I think Palm planned this release to roll out to most carriers within days. Which is a good thing. I also have a Droid and it's ridiculous what Android is doing with their software updates.
    Is that pic from Verizon or Sprint?
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post
    Does Sprint sell a Pre Plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post
    it's verizon
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Verizon just wants to make sure it's not anything free in the update that they can charge you for
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VZW
    Verizon is pleased to announce that starting the 27th you can download the new WebOS 1.4 update, with this update is the ability to download a new video recording app. For just 19.99 a month you will now be able to record video anytime and anywhere with your Palm Pre (+) phones.
    I expect to see this in a couple hours from an official VZW source.

They are great at taking a feature thats built into the phone and making you pay to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayball View Post
    Verizon just wants to make sure it's not anything free in the update that they can charge you for
    QFT that's why i ditched them a few years ago
    Verizon is going to charge for the video feature?
    are you kidding me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post

Was that screen cap from VZW's front page? Trying to look for it as well.
  12. dirtaymcgirt
    there is no ****ing way they are charging. that is BS and if it is true, i will drop them like im waiting for my balls to do
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    Verizon is going to charge for the video feature?
    are you kidding me?

Dude, of course he is. First off, there IS NO "VZW" member on precentral. Second, he said this was what he EXPECTED from VZW reps in a couple of hours.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Dude, of course he is. First off, there IS NO "VZW" member on precentral. Second, he said this was what he EXPECTED from VZW reps in a couple of hours.

Thank you, beat me to it by 2 minutes lol

Yeah, I hope they don't charge, they haven't said they will charge. Honestly though, would anyone here be surprised if they tried to pull that?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Off topic, who is tagging this thread with inflammatory remarks about PRE_LUVER and what did he do to invoke your ire?
    Verizon is a good company, and Palm needs them right now. We are all on the same team here. There isn't any reason to bash other carriers.

Verizon customers should see the update tonight. They have already posted release notes and promotional material for the update. They wouldn't do that if the release wasn't imminent.
    come on guys, the charing for video thing is just garbage. They would never shoot themselves in the foot like that. I would be the first to ditch them. Let's wait till midnight tonight and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by howser87 View Post
    Off topic, who is tagging this thread with inflammatory remarks about PRE_LUVER and what did he do to invoke your ire?
    LOL! Someone wrote one or two of those and I did the others. I don't care if they flame"r" me! I think it's pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    Does Sprint sell a Pre Plus?
    Apparently your mama never told you that answering a question with a question is rude?

oh yeah and how would I know? I don't care what phones Sprint has!
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post

thanks.
    Sometimes people simply change the name is a quote to say that they are quoting them.
    At least in some other boards that I've been on.

I agree about Verizon being a good company. I've been with them for 12 years.
    Their #1 priority is their network and its a damn good one. and I'm sure everyone agrees with me when I say, "screw what phone you're using, if the network sucks it doesnt matter."

Over the years, I've had to deal wth VZW not always having the best phones "first" but at least I knew that my "coverage" the thing that I actually pay for every month was going to be good. and eventually, I'd get the phone that I wanted.

Even though I want the update I dont care about waiting a few extra weeks days or hours.
    I know that they'll do it right. Maybe they're watching Sprint's update and seeing where they screwed up so that they can clean up any last minute things before they send it to their own customers.

That's kinda what they did with the Pre.

At the end of the day, I'm happy with Verizon and will proably always stay with them, I simply feel that they are the best.

*unless the charge for the video feature LOL
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast