1.    #1  
    So I'm pretty well versed in the Palm Pre and troubleshooting potential problems, however, after hours of attempted restores, I'm officially stumped. Early this morning, after completing the 1.4 update, my phone reset and never recovered. It has been stuck on the "palm" screen for hours. I've tried all the tricks I know... I've replaced the battery, toggled the volume on/of switch, webos doctored the phone and still nothing! Do I need to replace my phone, or can someone help me? Extremely frustrating. Thanks for your time.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Orange Button + SYM + R.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Webos Doctor
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Orange Button + SYM + R.
    I had the same problem. Ran the new WebOS doctor for 1.4 and still stuck at Palm screen. Did orange-sym-r when stuck on Palm boot screen and that did the trick.
  5.    #5  
    You guys rock!!!! That did the trick, thank you much!!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chandler781 View Post
    You guys rock!!!! That did the trick, thank you much!!
    np - more annoyed that I have to spend my Saturday morning redoing all of my settings and patches. Wonder which one screwed me up. Le sigh.
    i have question...how do you thread
    thanks guys you are great my phone didnt do anything either after hours running webos doctors and stuff cool orange symbol r whoo hoo thanks guys
    Have not downloaded 1.4 yet, but I had the stuck on "Palm" problem after running EPR, and it appears the trick above worked - at least the "palm" logo is flashing now.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    didnt work for me.... any other hints?

EDIT: Nevermind!!!! after a lengthy boot, it loaded!!! Huge thanks to this community you guys rock!!!!
    Last edited by The_Noah; 02/27/2010 at 10:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    thanks guys you are great my phone didnt do anything either after hours running webos doctors and stuff cool orange symbol r whoo hoo thanks guys
    Yeah, the Orange+Sym+R is used to reboot the phone.
    Another trick:
    Orange + Sym + P = Screenshot
    where is the orange button located ...sorry not that tech savey
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    The orange button is the orange square on the Pre. On the Pre Plus it is the grey square.
    Thank you for this info. I was looking for the closest sprint repair shop and very angry. lol. You da man!!!!
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    It seems a few people get stuck on the Palm logo after a fullstart or an update. It started happening for me with 1.4. So is there problems with the software or the hardware?