Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    we need zoom for 1.5

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    zoom is not possible in the pre!
    Check out a video I made using my Palm Pre with webOS 1.4
    Im using the "Video Camera Flashlight" Patch thanks to Jason Robitaille

Check it out

Please comment the video on YouTube and Rate! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Not my first video, but the first one I have posted since I wanted to test out uploading to YouTube and Facebook.

I really do like how when you share a video like that, that it puts icons on the video file so you know you posted them where ever you uploaded them to. Nice touch.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    here is my first, i was at work and not supposed to have my phone on me, woops,

i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    I need to have three more posts before I'll be allowed to post some links to my Chinese New Year Parade videos. So this is the first.

I went to the San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade and shot, probably all totaled about 60 mins or so of video. I was using location services and texting and other stuff also. My original equipment battery gave out after 4 hours of heavy use.
    The camera had a hard time at the after dark parade with the lack of light. Every light like a street lamp or store windows blew out the color on the camera and just left white spots. I tried to find someplace where there weren't any of those hot spots but it was too dark. My second video is from there. It has the sights and sounds of the New Years Parade though.
    My first video is of the finale. I found a bank of spot lights and stood under them to film the firecrackers and golden dragon at the end of the parade. The very bright lights were also a problem, with dark streets on either side. It would be a challenge for any camera. I'm still pleased with it.
    Hopefully I can post the links now.

Then end of the San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade. Golden Dragon and Firecrackers. There should have been some drums with the Golden Dragon. It got kind of quiet at the end and the Chinese New Year Parade is all about the drums, firecrackers and music.

There is a darker video of a long dragon and more activity that is more like the rest of the parade but the lack of light makes it a pretty poor representation.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post

Since you work in a giant building by yourself I don't think you will get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Hopefully I can post the links now.

Then end of the San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade. Golden Dragon and Firecrackers. There should have been some drums with the Golden Dragon. It got kind of quiet at the end and the Chinese New Year Parade is all about the drums, firecrackers and music.

There is a darker video of a long dragon and more activity that is more like the rest of the parade but the lack of light makes it a pretty poor representation.
    Should have asked the woman in front of you recording with her phone to have a phone video recording battle. Came out pretty well for the light conditions I think though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Since you work in a giant building by yourself I don't think you will get caught.
    Im actually not by myself, i know its hard to tell but underneath the catwalk i was on were shipping lanes we have 150 and there is guys loading trailers, managers running around on power equipment, alot of activity im just up about 20ft in the air so it looked like i was by myself lol, plus we have cameras that watch the lines i was walking next to so when im at my computer i can see if we have jams instead of walking a mile to check!
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    Check out a video I made using my Palm Pre with webOS 1.4
    Im using the "Video Camera Flashlight" Patch thanks to Jason Robitaille

Check it out

Please comment the video on YouTube and Rate! Thanks!
    that was better than Quarantine.
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post

Frank, don't bother showing up for work tomorrow.

Your boss.
    Has anyone noticed that when playing back a video on the Pre that was taken with the Pre that the volume is very low? Almost can't hear it. Sounds fine on the computer, just can't hear it on the Pre. My volume is turned all the way up. Is there an adjustment for that somewhere?

Edit: cleaning the mic seems to help alot.
    Last edited by littledutch; 02/28/2010 at 08:54 AM.
  16.    #136  
    has any one else noticed that audio notifications are still enabled during video recording? I noticed it in my first video.. I'm going to try and record more while my wife sends me text messages..
    looks like the 1st couple of posted videos (up to the "configuring switches" one) have made it to youtube's mobile site, and are now viewable on the pre. Takes a little while, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by jschramm97 View Post
    has any one else noticed that audio notifications are still enabled during video recording? I noticed it in my first video.. I'm going to try and record more while my wife sends me text messages..
    I noticed that in your 1st video just now. I had to replay to see if it was my pre that was getting the notifications.

in another post, someone mentioned that his pre stopped recording when he got a notification.
    Thought I'd post a link to my first video too, just uploaded, neat.

Nothing worth watching, just taking a brief walk around my new house to test out the recording.

Last edited by mjkjr; 02/28/2010 at 12:01 PM.
    I'm not sure how many videos I'll actually post to facebook or youtube but it's a great feature to have.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast