Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    here's my video. the setup. this chick runs past us and then stops and does the tango power walk thing. then pharrell tries to run us over with his lambo.... that ********

im kinda not really impressed with the video thou... maybe because i was walking and laughing. quality wasn't that impressive. :-(
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1

my first review...
    Here's mine. I have a cold.

Oddly, I can not search for this in the You Tube app, but I can find it through a regular Google search.
    Here is mine....

My little girl..
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    my sons pinewood derby. Hey, he won.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I would love to share my first video but it was a little over 4 minutes long. (41mb)

My dilemmas.
    Firstly, is YouTube the only way to send/view longer video's outside the phone? I saw that the allowed max sizes to send from the phone are only SMS 600kb and email 10mb.
    I wanted to email this to a friend so I tried a workaround by moving the file to my desktop. Then when I try to email as an attachment I get denied. From Gmail they only allow 25mb max (i think) so I cut my vid in half but still got the return email saying failed.

Having such a great mobile lens it seems a waste that we are so limited and waiting this long for a simple cell function I've had on all devices (dumb flip phones) for many years in the past I feel let down a bit. I've always been able to send/receive from previous devices no matter what the carrier or device and it worked flawlessly. (however they stopped recording when the max time for sharing was up, the Pre does not do this, it just denies you and says edit this to a disappointing small amount of time)

Secondly, I noticed editing is not that smooth especially trying to edit of the back end. Through trial and error it seems you can't edit a video and then edit the edited video. Also, if you edit the first edited video it replaces that video instead of creating a new version. (say that fast 10 times) I noticed you have to wait for it to finish converting or the new version or it wont take as well.

All in all i guess a straight up 'how to' record, edit and send description from Palm would have been nice with this new function. As in, enjoy being able to record video(s) and this is what it is capable of at this time.. .

Glad it's finally here YES, but I'm going to call it a 'swing and miss' for now. What is 600kb in real time for SMS? Like less than 20 seconds?!?

Can't wait to see what patches come out for this to make it proper. Thanks to JR for enabling the LED for video. (another feature that should have come with the phone from the beginning)

~ rant over
    Warning: I say one curse word (b**ch) in the beginning. (Hey it was Sat night at a BBQ and I had half a bottle of vodka and a few shots of crown!)

Last edited by imop45; 03/02/2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: trying to make it just say "YouTube-tile"
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugewhyte View Post
    Here is mine....

My little girl..
    Too cute.

Props for the changing lanes and video recording at the same time.
    hey,

Instead of palm limiting us to a low res video setting, they gave us a pretty good looking resolution. The downside is large files. That's true with everything.
    and those feature phones had limits too. For a file that big, you use a file service to share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I would love to share my first video but it was a little over 4 minutes long. (41mb)

My dilemmas.
    Firstly, is YouTube the only way to send/view longer video's outside the phone? I saw that the allowed max sizes to send from the phone are only SMS 600kb and email 10mb.
    I wanted to email this to a friend so I tried a workaround by moving the file to my desktop. Then when I try to email as an attachment I get denied. From Gmail they only allow 25mb max (i think) so I cut my vid in half but still got the return email saying failed.

Having such a great mobile lens it seems a waste that we are so limited and waiting this long for a simple cell function I've had on all devices (dumb flip phones) for many years in the past I feel let down a bit. I've always been able to send/receive from previous devices no matter what the carrier or device and it worked flawlessly. (however they stopped recording when the max time for sharing was up, the Pre does not do this, it just denies you and says edit this to a disappointing small amount of time)

Secondly, I noticed editing is not that smooth especially trying to edit of the back end. Through trial and error it seems you can't edit a video and then edit the edited video. Also, if you edit the first edited video it replaces that video instead of creating a new version. (say that fast 10 times) I noticed you have to wait for it to finish converting or the new version or it wont take as well.

All in all i guess a straight up 'how to' record, edit and send description from Palm would have been nice with this new function. As in, enjoy being able to record video(s) and this is what it is capable of at this time.. .

Glad it's finally here YES, but I'm going to call it a 'swing and miss' for now. What is 600kb in real time for SMS? Like less than 20 seconds?!?

Can't wait to see what patches come out for this to make it proper. Thanks to JR for enabling the LED for video. (another feature that should have come with the phone from the beginning)

~ rant over
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    hey,

Instead of palm limiting us to a low res video setting, they gave us a pretty good looking resolution. The downside is large files. That's true with everything.
    and those feature phones had limits too. For a file that big, you use a file service to share it.
    Can you be more specific please?
    ..and while on the subject, you got any ideas on video editing software to add music etc to these video's?

The quality we get is absolutely superb! I guess that's the tease for me as far as being able to share that equally with all (smart) mobile devices.. . (minus the time length)
    Last edited by Freshyz; 03/02/2010 at 12:31 AM.
    Nothing real exciting, matter of fact this is 1st you tube video for me.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    heres my first of my baby daughter. Just turned 2

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Here's my 1st Pre vid. Cat not kids :-)

FB vid

(:
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    Warning: I say one curse word (b**ch) in the beginning. (Hey it was Sat night at a BBQ and I had half a bottle of vodka and a few shots of crown!)

you said schidt, too.

otherwise, looked pretty cool with the fire, and all.
    Last edited by cooper1010; 03/02/2010 at 05:05 AM. Reason: fooling the filter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Can you be more specific please?
    ..and while on the subject, you got any ideas on video editing software to add music etc to these video's?

The quality we get is absolutely superb! I guess that's the tease for me as far as being able to share that equally with all (smart) mobile devices.. . (minus the time length)
    I've used Windows Movie Maker in the past.. Maybe someone else knows something better.

and just google "Online storage." there's skydrive if you have a hotmail account, I believe google has online storage. There's lots of them. I'll see if I can remember any more
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    you said schidt, too.

otherwise, looked pretty cool with the fire, and all.
    Oops, did not know that. Yeah it captured it pretty good.
    Check out a video I made using my Palm Pre with webOS 1.4
    Im using the "Video Camera Flashlight" Patch thanks to Jason Robitaille

Check it out

Please comment the video on YouTube and Rate! Thanks!
    A friend sent this to me. lol

so how do i go about saving videos that someone sends me?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast