1.    #1  
    Can Anyone Rescue Palm From Its Death Spiral? - Barrons.com

They forgot to mention the most important part of why the Pre and Palm : a company I supported but then became an EPIC failure, and a product I tried to like, but has failed its creators, users/adopters/consumers, and critics...

F***** BUILD QUALITY (TM) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the phone was solid, had no oreo, didn't smoke crack, didn't have a blotchy screen, didn't have a stupid stupid stupid mini wanna be flap thingie to charge EVERY NIGHT I curse who ever came up with that idea, didn't over heat, didn't creak like an old school bus, volume buttons that didn't break so easily, power button that didn't break so easily, screen that didn't scratch so easily, didn't have case makers scrambling to litterally PAINT on a cover that doesn't last more than 2 months with regular use... I could forgive the dozens of mistakes in the OS (which many many still exist, try ending a call while a calendar reminder pops up, good luck with that) and the SLOOOOOOWNESSS of the core applications...

Learn from this EPIC failure kiddies that you don't support a company that lets you down, it isn't your friend...

BUILD QUALITY (TM)

and working on

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT (TM)

PS. Enjoy 1.4 as I will as I am sure it will spur a new wave of "lag" complaints all over the interwebs...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    1) Don't buy the 1$ cases.
    2) There are fixes for the oreo thing.
    3) blotchy screen, what the hell do you mean?
    4) Those "flap" thingies are for your own good, it's so they don't just leave your plug-in unprotected, so incase of water it won't harm it too much. (and also some other reasons but I don't want to list them.)
    5) Where do you hear creaking?
    6) Applications are fast as hell, what are you smoking?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I don't feel your pain.....my PRE rocks!!!!! Your PRE don't like you.
    I can attest to creek. Its when you type.
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Whatever....I've had mine since August and it has been rock solid and I'm a heavy user. WebOS is the best smartphone OS out there by far and the Pre is the best smartphone I've ever owned.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post
    I can attest to creek. Its when you type.
    The creak is due to the stock plastic backplate (glossy one)... mine did the same thing, but after i got the touchstone back cover, the creaking went away...
    No build quality issues here - Pre Plus is rock solid. I never had build quality issues with Treos or Palm handhelds either.

It would have been helpful if the thread starter had referenced the Barron's article in the thread title rather than just as a rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmparcha View Post
    Can Anyone Rescue Palm From Its Death Spiral? - Barrons.com

They forgot to mention the most important part of why the Pre and Palm : a company I supported but then became an EPIC failure, and a product I tried to like, but has failed its creators, users/adopters/consumers, and critics...

F***** BUILD QUALITY (TM) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the phone was solid, had no oreo, didn't smoke crack, didn't have a blotchy screen, didn't have a stupid stupid stupid mini wanna be flap thingie to charge EVERY NIGHT I curse who ever came up with that idea, didn't over heat, didn't creak like an old school bus, volume buttons that didn't break so easily, power button that didn't break so easily, screen that didn't scratch so easily, didn't have case makers scrambling to litterally PAINT on a cover that doesn't last more than 2 months with regular use... I could forgive the dozens of mistakes in the OS (which many many still exist, try ending a call while a calendar reminder pops up, good luck with that) and the SLOOOOOOWNESSS of the core applications...

Learn from this EPIC failure kiddies that you don't support a company that lets you down, it isn't your friend...

BUILD QUALITY (TM)

and working on

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT (TM)

PS. Enjoy 1.4 as I will as I am sure it will spur a new wave of "lag" complaints all over the interwebs...
    I'm sorry guys, it's my fault. I didn't put the trash away last night so it must have attracted trolls. I swear they're worse than cockroaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by SplitInfiniti View Post
    The creak is due to the stock plastic backplate (glossy one)... mine did the same thing, but after i got the touchstone back cover, the creaking went away...
    Which also pretty much negates the issues with the charger door thingy majig. Two birds, one stone... Touchstone. Yeaaaaah!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrormmo View Post
    1) Don't buy the 1$ cases.
    2) There are fixes for the oreo thing.
    3) blotchy screen, what the hell do you mean?
    4) Those "flap" thingies are for your own good, it's so they don't just leave your plug-in unprotected, so incase of water it won't harm it too much. (and also some other reasons but I don't want to list them.)
    5) Where do you hear creaking?
    6) Applications are fast as hell, what are you smoking?
    What exactly is the "oreo" thing? I keep reading about it but can find now explanation. And how can I prevent it?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danipoak View Post
    What exactly is the "oreo" thing? I keep reading about it but can find now explanation. And how can I prevent it?
    It's when the two halves of the pre are slightly separated, enough so that you can rotate the top half towards the right quite a bit.

It sounds like nothing but very annoying when you pick up a piece of technology that has a flaw like that.

Anyway, it sucks we can't leave comments. That's the stupidest thing. I don't want to subscribe just to leave a comment. Idiotic.
    Also, the first commenter is dumb too. He said he had to click four times just to call someone. What an *****, lol. Just start typing the person's name.

ffs, I hate when people are like "this phone can't do x" and they don't know how to work it.
    Ive been through 5 pres to finally get a solid build