Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It still takes the same amount of time when launching something from the launcher as it did before.
    Don't you guys realize that the new animation was put there to make you forget that you're waiting?

BTW:
    Before anybody says this is just another complaint from me, dbd (pqp), it's not.
    It's an observation.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 02/27/2010 at 06:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    It still takes the same amount of time when launching something from the launcher as it did before.
    Don't you guys realize that the new animation was put there to make you forget that you're waiting?
    +1

But I love the effect it creates!
    the animation there is so you know what's launched. haven't you ever launched something prior to 1.4, and it has nothing open, but its using memory, so you have to swipe up to make a blank minimized card show up, and then throw it away?
    I love forgetting how long the apps take to startup and besides, a pulsing kitty is just full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    the animation there is so you know what's launched. haven't you ever launched something prior to 1.4, and it has nothing open, but its using memory, so you have to swipe up to make a blank minimized card show up, and then throw it away?
    Still doesn't change the fact that it gives the "illusion" of being faster.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    Not often.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    besides, a pulsing kitty is just full of awesome.
    What app has a kitty icon? lol
    the whole os seems a bit faster... animation or no animation
    So dbd, did you stay up and get the update lastnight or wait until this morning?

I got it at 12:30AM CST, it's now almost 6:30AM here so I'm pushing 25 hours without sleep. Damn 1.4!!!!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    So dbd, did you stay up and get the update lastnight or wait until this morning?

I got it at 12:30AM CST, it's now almost 6:30AM here so I'm pushing 25 hours without sleep. Damn 1.4!!!!
    When it didn't get here by 12:30 am, I let myself fall asleep and awoke at around 4 and saw it.
    Eastern time here in ATL for me.

EDIT:
    Actually, i probably fell asleep just before 12:30 but def after 12 because i was hoping 12.
    Maybe it got here 12:30 eastern too.
    Dunno fer sure.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 02/27/2010 at 06:31 AM.
    Perception is reality.
    What app has a kitty icon? lol
    Bad Kitty, a nice looking Twiiter app
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    When it didn't get here by 12:30 am, I let myself fall asleep and awoke at around 4 and saw it.
    Eastern time here in ATL for me.

EDIT:
    Actually, i probably fell asleep just before 12:30 but def after 12 because i was hoping 12.
    Maybe it got here 12:30 eastern too.
    Dunno fer sure.
    LOL, it was like right on that dot 12:30 CST. Then I saw the first group of threads pop up and I was going to flame them because I was SO tired of the jokes. Good thing I hit update on my phone before I did.
    Yes it does take almost the same amount of time, but what it does is related to loaders of Flash websites...

...it lets you know the program is starting, your phone isn't freezing, and is asking you to wait patiently. Duh.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  15.    #15  
    LOL, it was like right on that dot 12:30 CST. Then I saw the first group of threads pop up and I was going to flame them because I was SO tired of the jokes. Good thing I hit update on my phone before I did.
    "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."

-Albert Einstein
    I don't like the startup card thing when opening an application. I think it wastes time..
    lol
    Last edited by mjkjr; 02/27/2010 at 07:07 AM.
    Startup screens always make it seem slower to me for some reason.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    dbd, open up music app or preware and go thru them. notice how the back gestures are near instant. the navigation thru UI has been greatly improved.
    I am happy with it. The UI has been improved alot since the Pre's release.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast