Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
  1. htcman724's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #1  
    ok so i had mobile hotspot installed and working fantastic i also used my tether now since i updated to 1.4 mobile hotspot on/off buton doesn't work tried to uninstall and reinstall and still nothing as for mytether it is not working either.could it be that they figured a way to block these apps?anyone else having this problem?any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. #2  
    I'm having the same problem with mybmobile hotspot as well...i thought it was me....some reason the on off switch isn't responding
  3. #3  
    Yeah same issue here. I'm not able to turn on the Mobile HotSpot switch. Maybe they finally blocked us out. Hey come to think of it maybe that was the delay... Verzion probably complained to palm that sprint users are stealing their exclusive app, lol
  4. htcman724's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #4  
    well hopefully the devs here can get it to work again.i'm sure it just a matter or time.
  5. #5  
    same problem... says at the bottom the hotspot service isnt started. dont recall it saying that in the past
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

    galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
  6. #6  
    Sprint 1.4.0 removed USB Tethering, and Wifi Tethering Capabilities again. WiFi mobilehotspot service isn't even located on the pre anymore. And USB Tethering looks like IP Forwarding and USBNet isn't functional anymore.

    If Aconic re-enables tethering on the pre, it will likly be violating with palm again. He had to remove palm files to continue to except "donations" from people for his app.

    I honestly don't see tether getting to work again... keep your 1.3.5.1 on hand guys! lol
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Sprint 1.4.0 removed USB Tethering, and Wifi Tethering Capabilities again. WiFi mobilehotspot service isn't even located on the pre anymore. And USB Tethering looks like IP Forwarding and USBNet isn't functional anymore.

    If Aconic re-enables tethering on the pre, it will likly be violating with palm again. He had to remove palm files to continue to except "donations" from people for his app.

    I honestly don't see tether getting to work again... keep your 1.3.5.1 on hand guys! lol
    My brain hurts after reading this. Please, think before you post.
  8. #8  
    i hope they fix tethering, i hope its possible.
  9. #9  
    Weird, MyTether starts and shuts off my wireless and my netbook connection (as MyTether indicate my netbook is connected) but no internet I get the yellow explanation point icon. But the on/off slider works at the top, Hopefully theres a change
  10. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #10  
    I can get the pre to give my lap top and ip addy just like before but no go with actual internet access so hopefully its not broke to bad!
  11. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    Weird, MyTether starts and shuts off my wireless and my netbook connection (as MyTether indicate my netbook is connected) but no internet I get the yellow explanation point icon. But the on/off slider works at the top, Hopefully theres a change
    Opening mobile hotspot and at the bottom is says the mobile hotspot service is not running ....
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600 View Post
    My brain hurts after reading this. Please, think before you post.
    do you want to explain why your brain hurts? and why he should think before posting?

    do you have any information that people reading this thread should know?

    Do you think what he said is incorrect? if yes... then why is he incorrect?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    do you want to explain why your brain hurts? and why he should think before posting?

    do you have any information that people reading this thread should know?

    Do you think what he said is incorrect? if yes... then why is he incorrect?
    +1

    if you know something we don't about tethering, please share!
  14. #14  
    My states Wifi Tethering is enabled, my netbook connects and appears on mytether but no internet access, I havent tried it someone suggested that Freetethering could help with IP forwarding, still reading Mytether forums
  15. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    My states Wifi Tethering is enabled, my netbook connects and appears on mytether but no internet access, I havent tried it someone suggested that Freetethering could help with IP forwarding, still reading Mytether forums
    I use freetether and it does not work anymore.. It will hand out an ip over usb in my case to my laptop but no go with internet connection..

    Mobile hotspot service has been disabled as well...
  16. corpx's Avatar
    Posts
    209 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #16  
    Yes, this stuff breaks after every update. Patience please.
  17. htcman724's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #17  
    ok so i got the update at like 4 am and got this problem then went back to sleep and now have an even bigger problem now preware and quick install not working when i got to quick install it says problem loading feed i just downloaded the new quickinstall and webos doctor ***?not really sure 1.4 was worth the update if the 3 or 4 apps i really use don't work.and for what a handy dandy video recorder that i will probabily never use.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    do you want to explain why your brain hurts? and why he should think before posting?

    do you have any information that people reading this thread should know?

    Do you think what he said is incorrect? if yes... then why is he incorrect?
    Thanks.... for sticking up

    I think all this comes down to a issue of the following;

    1. Sprint users: palm has removed mobilehotspotd application service so that is why the Verizon mobile hotspot app doesn't work anymore on the sprint pre. The only way this can be brought back is to copy it from the Verizon pre. or webos 1.3.5.1 files. Which files are required and how to get the pre to start the service again is beyond me. I wouldn't expect Aconic to do it because palm complained to paypal and he was forced to remove palms files from his app so that he can continue to receive "donations". And I don't think hes going to stop doing donations so that he can make this app work again.

    2. Tethering is completely gone, why? Because IP Forwarding is no longer functioning properly. IP Forwarding is a feature that is required to forward the information from our created connections, IE; Wireless, Bluetooth, and USB. Without it there will be no internet on those connection even if you "get" a address.

    3. Just like Aconic used the wireless driver from the previous releases, I foresee issues with copying older files to the newer pre just like before.
  19. #19  
    I got mytether to work with freetetherd & freetether installed on my network with Windows 7 Professional, I, restarting my Pre and launched freetether activated the IP Fordwarding to enable then launched mytether and it works
  20. #20  
    my teather works fine just installed it and ran a speed test. problem solved.

    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

    galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions