Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    mine seems worse? Took the pre from my touchstone yhis morning so i know it was 100% installed 1.4 at about 8.30am followed by NFS free and Monopoly free. Been having a bit of a play with the games and video and already battery is down to 42%!!!
    all downloads done over wifi so i've lost nearly 60% in 2 hours :-(
    Installing those updates and downloading them take a lot out of the phone that is why some people suggest you charge the phone when downloading and installing it.
    Updating your phone is probably the most battery intensive thing that you can do.
    lol...you installed a huge patch unplugged and you are wondering why?
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

5.    #5  
    didn't realise that updates drained it that quick phew :-) thanks for the replies
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Honestly, I keep my phone on wifi here and am constantly on the Pre. I know that the battery drains super fast with these things going on. Again, try to keep it plugged in when doing power extensive things.

I knew battery life sucked before I got the Pre, but I wanted the experience and am still happy that I made the decision. I have charger cords all over the house. lol.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    according to palm change log
    System

* This release offers better overall performance, including faster loading time for apps and increased battery life across a wider range of user scenarios.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    mine seems worse? Took the pre from my touchstone yhis morning so i know it was 100% installed 1.4 at about 8.30am followed by NFS free and Monopoly free. Been having a bit of a play with the games and video and already battery is down to 42%!!!
    all downloads done over wifi so i've lost nearly 60% in 2 hours :-(
    After every update. There is going to be a battery drain period for a couple of charge cycles. So let the battery drain, then charge it a couple times. Then it will adjust and improve.
  9.    #9  
    cheers was getting worried as after my last post all i've done is send/receive a couple of tets/emails and battery now 17%!!!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Mine went from 100% to 98% in about 1 min this morning. It's been an hour since I removed it from the Touchstone & I'm down to 83%. All I did is take a 20 sec video & browse precentral for about 10 mins.
    You can't judge the battery life on an update after half a day.
    Everyone do two full reboots in a row then run the same test.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    also don't forget that when you are updating you do not have 1.4 yet...in otherwords no improvement should be expected
    did a few restarts and it's still sucking battery life much quicker than 1.3.5 did. This thing is going to be a brick very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by edtim48 View Post
    After every update. There is going to be a battery drain period for a couple of charge cycles. So let the battery drain, then charge it a couple times. Then it will adjust and improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    did a few restarts and it's still sucking battery life much quicker than 1.3.5 did. This thing is going to be a brick very quickly.
    Remember folks that if you have folders and email that all these subfolders are now syncing. All that background work catching up all the folder data is going to work the battery. give it time.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Yea something weird has to be happening with the program that calculates battery usage. Took it off the stone at 100%, changed the wifi sleep setting to off, and put it to sleep. A couple of minutes later I turned it on and it was at 97%?!?!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Remember folks that if you have folders and email that all these subfolders are now syncing. All that background work catching up all the folder data is going to work the battery. give it time.
    Well if that's the case I'll just leave it on the stone for the rest of the day.
    Also, you'll likely have a bit of an 'unusual' spike in your usage pattern for the next little bit. Keep in mind how much more your display, radios (BT, CDMA, WiFi) processor... are active, while you're trying out the new capabilities of 1.4.
    there is no Monopoly Free! Where did you find it. He's full of it.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast