Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 184
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    I had 100% at 10:00 pm and at 6:00 am 8 hours later it was still at 100%. No I did not have it on a charger...


    Was it in Airplane Mode?
  2. markdinh's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #82  
    Sorry, if this has already been discussed, but is there a more scientific way of tracking battery usage? A battery monitoring app? Also, any way to determine what processes are consuming a lot of power?

    I've had a Pre since launch. While the battery life hasn't been great, it's been enough to get me through a day, but since upgrading to 1.4, the battery drain has spiked. I went from 100% -> 73% on my commute into work (<1hr) with just the music player on. It use to only go down to 90% or so.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by markdinh View Post
    Sorry, if this has already been discussed, but is there a more scientific way of tracking battery usage? A battery monitoring app? Also, any way to determine what processes are consuming a lot of power?

    I've had a Pre since launch. While the battery life hasn't been great, it's been enough to get me through a day, but since upgrading to 1.4, the battery drain has spiked. I went from 100% -> 73% on my commute into work (<1hr) with just the music player on. It use to only go down to 90% or so.
    The app you may want to try is "Battery Monitor". Should be in Preware. It doesn't show what is using power, but it shows an overall usage. Very handy app!
  4. markdinh's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #84  
    Thanks, fastamx79. I was just logging on to say that I found the Battery Monitor app after searching (which is what I should have done in the first place).

    I just changed my Exchange sync settings from get messages as they arrive to get every 15 minutes. I probably shouldn't change too many variables, but the battery drain is rendering this phone useless!

    I find it mildly irritating that when I need the battery to last are usually the times when I'm using it the most (duh), like when I'm in a car w/o the charger and I need to use the gps or when I'm out of the office and I'm relying on my phone for email access.
  5. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #85  
    some of these posts are just crazy to me. I have had smartphones for about the past 4 years now and I have never seen any phone have the type of battery life some people are saying they get. I would kill for my phone to be that efficient!!!!
  6. #86  
    For users that are experiencing WORSE battery life that what was seen on previous versions of webOS please send me a private message. I would be interested in collecting some log files from those devices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  7. DSPKweb's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #87  
    I think the battery life has improved. I usually charge my up and take it off the charger around 11 pm, connected to wifi, and in the morning it would be down to around 75-80 percent. This morning it was still at 100 percent, even popped up the battert monitor to get a true reading. At work the drain is about thw same but have to say that it has majorly improved over wifi. Will see if this is the same tomorrow but great job so far.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    For users that are experiencing WORSE battery life that what was seen on previous versions of webOS please send me a private message. I would be interested in collecting some log files from those devices.
    For those wondering, HardBeatZ really is a Palm tech. You can find him on Palm's website: About HardBeatZ - Palm Support Community
  9. #89  
    hello all
    webos 1.4 battery life has improved........
    i have tested webos 1.4 (doctor my pre with 1.4 ) battery and it's mush better than be for. i did not install any patches nor app and it would last for 2 days.

    now i am in the middle because here i am running a stock palm pre with webos 1.4 and having good battery life but my phone looks normal..

    in the other hand, i have gave up my stock palm, and i went and installed the following (@ the list) and my battery life sucks.....took of my phone of charging at 8.05am 100% and @ 4.02pm the phone is at 48%
    what to do.....has any one tested these patches app and had the battery drain like me?
    app.............
    preware - lates one
    switcharoo free - lates one - set the wall paper to change every 1hr

    patches.........
    battery %
    hide youtuve
    hide sprint
    hide nascar
    hide nhl
    remove icon tides
    remove launcher
    remove icon titles
    4x4 icons v3
    hide amazon
    iphone style
  10. Jersie's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #90  
    Hmmm weird my battery life is SOOOOOOO much better i love the update!
  11. #91  
    I suggest everyone who is getting WORSE battery life with the 1.4 update send a PM to HardBeatZ. The only way to address this issue is to provide him/her the logs from our phones so Palm can address it in the next update!
  12. #92  
    Same for me. My battery drains very quickly.
  13. #93  
    Same problem here, draining much, much faster than before the update. Prior to the update I could use it all day, it would be around 20% when I got home. After the update, by 2:30-3:00 in the afternoon, under the exact same use, it's almost completely dead.
    The Saint
  14. #94  
    it's somewhat worse for me now after the update although it also seems as if when you are in a lower coverage area the battery is draining faster now than in 1.3.5.1 .. I am wondering if the current update reversed the improvements from the battery in the last update
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    it's somewhat worse for me now after the update although it also seems as if when you are in a lower coverage area the battery is draining faster now than in 1.3.5.1 .. I am wondering if the current update reversed the improvements from the battery in the last update
    send a private message to this Palm tech and he'll look into it:
    About HardBeatZ - Palm Support Community
  16. #96  
    my battery life seems to be improved.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  17. #97  
    battery drain is plain ridiculous! 7 hour in my pocket at woek with 15 min.'s of play & I am at 15%.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by methos123 View Post
    battery drain is plain ridiculous! 7 hour in my pocket at woek with 15 min.'s of play & I am at 15%.
    Contact HardBeatZ he is a Palm Tech. I already did and I will be working with him to help him figure out what is going on with the bad battery performance in 1.4

    http://forums.precentral.net/members/hardbeatz.html
  19. #99  
    FWIW, had to do a couple of reboots but 1.4 now seems to work great with the same battery life. The new look to the phone log is useful.
  20. #100  
    actually might have just fixed it, seems as if the culprit was leaving the new option of wifi on all the time, now that I put it back to shut off while in sleep mode battery seems to have normalized again, also did a network and prl update and reboot to round things off lol so far so good, well what it was before 1.4

Posting Permissions