1.    #1  
    Noticed the following with Engadget app after 1.4 install

When you slide thru different news stories in Engadget, annoying screen pops stating this text verifies your application is running....everytime you scroll to the next story, this pops up.

This is very annoying and hurts my eyes. Hope this is addressed soon.

Actually,this occurs with Engadget and other feed apps as well. For example, Fx local news app. I believe this is a palm issue. Not sure if it is related to flash readiness...
    Last edited by palmpre06062009; 02/27/2010 at 03:42 AM.
    I noticed this too. Hopefully Engadget will update their application soon.
    Maybe there will be a patch to remove it, or an option somewhere. It is not an "issue" with 1.4 it was added for people who thought there app had frozen or other stupid crap, I kinda like it in certain apps.
    I see the screen but never for more than like 100ms - I can't read it all bc it's gone so fast. Do you see it for longer than that?
    I noticed Engadget has this issue previously with 1.3.5 also. It wasn't when scrolling through feeds, but when the Engadget Awards were taking place. If you tried voting using the radio buttons and hitting "Vote," you would get that page and it would stay there.
    Engadget for iPhone / iPod touch 2.0.1 now available! -- Engadget

Here's a quote from the above article:
    "P.S.- Updates for the BlackBerry and webOS apps should hit in March, and that's also when we're scheduled to launch our Android app -- stay tuned!"
    Where do you get this app? I looked in the catalog not too long ago and couldn't find it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Maybe there will be a patch to remove it, or an option somewhere. It is not an "issue" with 1.4 it was added for people who thought there app had frozen or other stupid crap, I kinda like it in certain apps.
    I hope there is a way to disable that screen. It flashes for few hundred ms but it puts strain on my eyes. Before, the transition was very smooth from item 1 to 2.....no strain on the eyes....

Does anyone know how to disable this?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I get that & also can't seem to load comments either. I can't say if that is a 1.4 problem or not.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbritton View Post
    I get that & also can't seem to load comments either. I can't say if that is a 1.4 problem or not.
    I say that because i have been using the app for a while on a daily basis and not once i got that annoying screen. I hope we can find a way to disable or fix it.
    It's Engadget's fault as they never should have left that there in the first place. It's totally unprofessional.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Caught a screenshot of it...
    Now that I've been told the developer NDA is lifted, I can pop in here.

That's one of the changes developers were notified of. Basically devs just need to deleted that text from the index.html file to avoid that issue. It's part of palm's new scene loading system and overall seems faster than before, imho
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by akpotato View Post
    Caught a screenshot of it...
    Thanks for the capture. at least now we can all read it.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Now that I've been told the developer NDA is lifted, I can pop in here.

That's one of the changes developers were notified of. Basically devs just need to deleted that text from the index.html file to avoid that issue. It's part of palm's new scene loading system and overall seems faster than before, imho
    thanks for the info. I will contact engadget and ask them to fix this.
  16.    #16  
    I have sent the info to engadget regarding this.

You can also contact them at mobilesupport@engadget.com
    I noticed this happening in the yatz app also.
    I know they are working on an updated version of the app already. They just came out with an updated iPhone app and they said the new one will have stuff for offline viewing, landscape viewing, and some stuff for better text sizing.
    Well, in the meantime, here's this corrective patch: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ense-text.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook