Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Thanks, it took about 1hr for me to sign into my profile but got there in the end. Not sure what it was downloading because non of my apps are there, non of my book marks, no nothing... just a load of Sprint related stuff. I ensured I performed a 'back up' before I doctored so no idea why everything is lost.

I'm updating OTA to 1.4 right now.

Observations:

(SIM 1 = Primary SIM, 3G enabled, my Orange contract)
    (SIM 2 = Secondary SIM, non-3G, Orange PAYG, no credit!)

SIM 1 does not work in my Pre with RSC, I just get SOS Only.
    SIM 2 DOES work in my Pre with RSC, can receive calls fine (cannot test data).

SIM 1 does not work in my unlocked Nokia 6100 with RSC.
    SIM 2 does not work in my unlocked Nokia 6100 with RSC.

SIM 1 DOES work in my unlocked Nokia 6100 without RSC, via manually selecting network.
    SIM 2 DOES work in my unlocked Nokia 6100 without RSC, via auto selecting network.

So it seems neither my primary SIM or RSC are completely dead but using them together does not work. Using secondary SIM and RSC does indeed work. So it seems RSC has done something to my primary SIM....or has it? Because it works in the Nokia just fine .

Can anyone make sense of it ?
    It really seems to have killed my RSC. It will not work in a Nokia or any other phone, even an unlocked one (just says Check Sim - SOS Only). I have tried updating the firmware on the RSC using the programmer, but still nothing - it looks like the RSC is well and truly dead.

Grrr.
    My phone's working fine after the 1.4 update now. the sprint doctor seems to b the answer...lets hope ppl from O2 don't read this thread....!
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by gguile View Post
    Griffin, Just wondering did you edit the carriernetworksetting before you can get 3G for 1.4?

I tried the same method from Richard but got no 3G only R - roaming sign. Mine is the same with you .. irish pre with meteor sim Thanks a mill

No, I didn't need to edit the carrier file. The default meteor settings are OK for 3G. Richards method worked as expected.. Make sure you clear the network keys and put the RSC in mode 1. Also you'll need to manually select the carrier first time around as explained in the instructions.

Gx
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhelyerpre View Post
    It really seems to have killed my RSC. It will not work in a Nokia or any other phone, even an unlocked one (just says Check Sim - SOS Only). I have tried updating the firmware on the RSC using the programmer, but still nothing - it looks like the RSC is well and truly dead.

Grrr.
    I know for a fact that my RSC is alive as I am using 'SIM 2' in my Pre right now. But it won't work with 'SIM 1'. I am hoping Orange send me a new SIM today so that will be the acid test...

Paul, if you're still due to speak to RSC (they seem to be good with you, calling you proactively, etc!) please keep us posted. Though it does seem that due to their disclaimer of RSC not being compatiable with WebOS 1.4, we're not on to a winner.... still, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    My phone's working fine after the 1.4 update now. the sprint doctor seems to b the answer...lets hope ppl from O2 don't read this thread....!
    So am I right in thinking you now have icons for things like NASCAR, Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation, Amazon MP3, NFL?
    None of which we can delete?

In my Device Info, I have:
    VERSION: Palm WebOS 1.4.0
    CONFIGURATION: Sprint 2.3
    ...same as yourself?
    Yuck, I can't believe I didn't read this post before upgrading to 1.4
    Took me an hour to downgrade to 1.3.1, and I'm now in my 12th hour of syncing with Chapura (I kid you not) and still not done.

The problem with flashing to the Sprint ROM, as I see it, is what happens tomorrow when they block Rebel on Sprint as well?
    Last edited by epiDemiC; 03/01/2010 at 04:57 AM.
    Just to confirm what I posted yesterday, I have followed Richard's procedure, Installed Sprint 1.04 (which deletes all files in the storage partition - beware!), and then OTA updated to Sprint 1.4.

I am using an 02 UK Pre with RSC on t-mobile UK, and it's been working fine for 24 hours now.

I would love to know if this has been done conciously and deliberately by Palm (whether at o2's request or not). If so, they seem determined to undermine the uptake of WebOS even more than they have done with their insane exclusivity agreements, and sluggish product development in Europe. Apple have the privellieged postion of being able to work with networks to protect their product, Palm don't have that luxury and they should be doing everything in their power to get the phones out there, expecially to people like us who are likely to "spread the word," Instead they're being a patsy to o2, and creating bad feeling amongst their most loyal supporters.

WebOS is the best smartphone OS out there without exception, yet Palm have spent a full year wasting their oppotunity. No wonder the share price is tanking, we just have to hope that they get salvaged by someone with some agression and vision.

Sorry, strayed a bit off topic there....
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspeed View Post
    Just to confirm what I posted yesterday, I have followed Richard's procedure, Installed Sprint 1.04 (which deletes all files in the storage partition - beware!), and then OTA updated to Sprint 1.4.

I am using an 02 UK Pre with RSC on t-mobile UK, and it's been working fine for 24 hours now.

I would love to know if this has been done conciously and deliberately by Palm (whether at o2's request or not). If so, they seem determined to undermine the uptake of WebOS even more than they have done with their insane exclusivity agreements, and sluggish product development in Europe. Apple have the privellieged postion of being able to work with networks to protect their product, Palm don't have that luxury and they should be doing everything in their power to get the phones out there, expecially to people like us who are likely to "spread the word," Instead they're being a patsy to o2, and creating bad feeling amongst their most loyal supporters.

WebOS is the best smartphone OS out there without exception, yet Palm have spent a full year wasting their oppotunity. No wonder the share price is tanking, we just have to hope that they get salvaged by someone with some agression and vision.

Sorry, strayed a bit off topic there....
    Agreed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ytsentas View Post
    Has anyone tried this workaround (using a different GSM provider) just to get past the modem initialization trap?

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...cel-pre-d.html

At this point any long shot is worth trying....
    Just a word of advice on trying the Telcel Palm Pre WebOS doctor.
    Be careful using the Telcel Pre WebOS Doctor. I believe Telcel WebOS version 1.2.5 was the first WebOS version to implement changes to the UTMS modem initialization files, hence I spent a month trying to get a Telcel Pre to work on AT&T US with a RebelSIM II card and had no success. Even the folks at RSC were unable to get the device to work with an AT&T SIM (after I shipped my Telcel Pre and an AT&T SIM to them for testing).

B-E-A-S-T had to use an older (2002 era) 32K Fido SIM to get the RSC to work with a Telcel Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    Confirmed working workaround for the Rebel incompatibility with O2 Locked Pre's and WebOS 1.4.0:
    Get this file: webosdoctorp100ewwSprint-V104 Act-Disbled.jar - 195.67MB
    Here is my log:
    10:00 Doctored a O2Locked GSM to Sprint 1.0.4 with activation disabled.
    (With This OS you can enable WiFi to login to your Profile. If WiFi is enabled, and you are logged into your router, reboot, because the Back gesture will not work)
    10:30 Got SOS only, but after toggeling 'Auto network, and re-selecting my carrier, it can back to 'vodafone NL'
    10:33 Started Downloading OTA update to 1.4.0 (150 Mb) using WiFi (now skipping 1.3.5.1)
    10:58 Installing WebOS 1.4.0 (Sprint)
    11:15 Booting..... This takes forever....
    11:19 Booted.... Finally Works like a baby, no problems anymore.
    11:21 I can confirm this is a working workaround for at least KPN and VodaFone NL, hope others are reporting soon in this thread.
    I have a Palm Pre O2 UK locked in Denmark with RSC (4 months old) in mode 1 and SOS Only with OTA 1.4 EU/UK from 1.3.5.2 same region.

I have tried Richard's procedure, and with luck after some tweaks.

First I only had SOS in 1.4 Sprint. Then I tried to set manual network, but could not see my carrier (I have a leased carrier, not primary) I could only see the primary carrier and could not even get roaming. Then I tried to reboot, set region, reboot... nothing but SOS.
    Then I would like to install some patches with WOSQI 3.02 and when I enabled dev mode manually by typing it on the pre and started to patch with WOSQI, then the SOS disappeared but still with no data 2G/3G data icon.
    I tried to use the modified carrier db I used on 1.3.5.2 but with no luck on 1.4 Sprint.
    Then I tried to manually type the APN and then data icons appeared. I can call, SMS, use data. MMS not tested yet.

I hope this helps!
    Got update 1.4 early this morning and yes, not working with rebel sim. Ctcd rebel and and they said revert to 1.3 until their boys work around 1.4. GUTTED i know but what else can we do.
    [QUOTE=rebelpalmpre;2269611]Got update 1.4 early this morning and yes, not working with rebel sim. Ctcd rebel and and they said revert to 1.3 until their boys work around 1.4. GUTTED i know but what else can we do. Soz forgot to mention im on voda in UK.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspeed View Post
    Yep it deletes everything.
    In fact, I'm not sure why we bother signing in to our profiles, considering once I had signed in, it brought nothing back, no apps, no preferences, no settings, not even my page layouts. I feel signing in to my profile didn't give any benefit over, well, creating a brand new profile....

Quote Originally Posted by runebune View Post
    Then I tried to manually type the APN and then data icons appeared. I can call, SMS, use data. MMS not tested yet.

I hope this helps!
    Nice, good work, may I ask where you got 'working' APN details from? Were they contained in the carrier database previously posted somewhere on this forum?
    I reckon its worth a shot for everyone still getting SOS Only / Phone Offline to try entering APN settings manually...

Quote Originally Posted by rebelpalmpre View Post
    Got update 1.4 early this morning and yes, not working with rebel sim. Ctcd rebel and and they said revert to 1.3 until their boys work around 1.4. GUTTED i know but what else can we do.
    A little bit of promise then - sounds like they're looking into it. Whats the betting they will release a new RSC if they find a workaround, hence another 15 for everyone...
    A little bit of promise then - sounds like they're looking into it. Whats the betting they will release a new RSC if they find a workaround, hence another 15 for everyone...
    I doubt it would be an entirely new RSC. It works across all phones doesn't it, so they wouldn't release a seperate model specific to Palm 1.4 which is a minute niche. I think they've had to workaround issues with new Iphone releases a few times, isn't it just like a new firmware release?
    It may be just a new firmware, but you'd probably need to buy their device to flash the firmware, or it may be easier to just buy a new card. Either way they get some of your cash. It could be a MASSIVE conspiracy, call Mulder and Scully...
    Yup, I think the'll only release a new firmware...but you gotta have the reader to update your Rebel SIM, right?
    I've only had the RSC for about 2 weeks, surely they'd do me a deal!!?
    flash to sprint firmware or wait for meta doctor fix
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks, I may pluck up the courage to give it a go.
    Though, you didnt mention anything at all with respect to RSC - can you confirm you are using one? I would presume so, due to the thread title... if you're not using one, then your 'solution' doesnt really apply to the documented issue in this thread...

In fact, anyone who has had success with 'Richards Solution' - can you confirm you are using RSC ???
    yes, i have a rebelled O2 UK Pre, do not know what RSC stands for, i think mine is mr. unlock

good luck to you all and i really hope Palm will not start blocking Sprint 1.4 because I am really enjoying palm webos right now!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjengie View Post
    yes, i have a rebelled O2 UK Pre, do not know what RSC stands for, i think mine is mr. unlock

good luck to you all and i really hope Palm will not start blocking Sprint 1.4 because I am really enjoying palm webos right now!
    RSC stands for Rebel SIM Card - this is what most of us on this thread are using: Palm Unlock Sim

I notice their stance has changed from:

"Not compatiable with WebOS 1.4"
    to
    "Note Palm Pre firmware 1.4 Not Supported yet for 3G but our R&D Team are working on this."
    Hi, I've been following this thread with keen interest - I use RSC and it's stopped working for me too. I downgraded to 1.3.5.2 yesterday using webOS Doctor, but got fed up with the update icon not going away so tried the Sprint ROM method...I managed to flash ok, but it kept asking for the SIM pin every five seconds. Anyway, I updated OTA to 1.4.0 and it still kept on doing it, so I want to try reflashing the Sprint before I admit defeat and go back to 1.3.5.2...my question is, however: with WOSD, what am I doing wrong? Any version I try just will not get the 'next' button un-greyed (the final 'next' after the Novoterm Install and just before the actual re-flash)...I can't get it to work on either my iMac or my PowerBook, but it worked fine yesterday. Any ideas?

Thanks to all who have posted suggestions by the way, it's been a great help.
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast