Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    In fact, anyone who has had success with 'Richards Solution' - can you confirm you are using RSC ???
    Right. RSC is working, though it is not my 'current' one which appears to be completely dead. It is an older RSC which seems to work, but shows my network as T-Mobile UK Rebel Sim Card.

looks like the Sprint WebOS Doctor is the way to go for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    Perhaps some geek could check the diff. between Sprint WebOS 1.4 and O2 WebOS 1.4. My assumption is that O2 requested Palm to disable the use of unlock cards. We got lucky this time, that a) we are able to flash Sprint WebOS 1.4, and 2) Sprint's phone core is NOT modified.
    I find it strange however, because Palm does not care about SimLock's. In fact, Palm wants to sell phones. O2 wants to sell contracts.
    The community needs to solve the Simlock issue, and / or create a patch to disable automatic over the air updates, until a solution has been found.

Other, but higly unlikely scenario is that the O2 OS has a bug......

BTW, about bugs: i am not able to 'test-play' ringtones in the selection menu's in the calender, email, and sounds apps.....
    From the doctor files, both sprint and o2 contain the core 1.4 files, but they differ on modem firmware and customisation, which are held in a different zip file. It is therefore the updated UMTS modem software that is killing the rebel sim. If this continues to be the case for future updates, we should be able to continue with Sprint or meta-doctor our way forward.

As for disabling OTA, can we just delete the update application?
    And to get my RSC (3 months old) working again, I doctored to sprint 1.2.1 (straight from o2 1.4) and updated OTA to 1.4, no problems.
    Confirmed working workaround for the Rebel incompatibility with O2 Locked Pre's and WebOS 1.4.0:
    Get this file: webosdoctorp100ewwSprint-V104 Act-Disbled.jar - 195.67MB
    Here is my log:
    10:00 Doctored a O2Locked GSM to Sprint 1.0.4 with activation disabled.
    (With This OS you can enable WiFi to login to your Profile. If WiFi is enabled, and you are logged into your router, reboot, because the Back gesture will not work)
    10:30 Got SOS only, but after toggeling 'Auto network, and re-selecting my carrier, it can back to 'vodafone NL'
    10:33 Started Downloading OTA update to 1.4.0 (150 Mb) using WiFi (now skipping 1.3.5.1)
    10:58 Installing WebOS 1.4.0 (Sprint)
    11:15 Booting..... This takes forever....
    11:19 Booted.... Finally Works like a baby, no problems anymore.
    11:21 I can confirm this is a working workaround for at least KPN and VodaFone NL, hope others are reporting soon in this thread.
    I also have Vodafone NL but after I connected to Wifi, I cant get back to the activation menu, it stays in Wi-Fi menu. How can I return? Pushing the corners at the top and below the screen does nothing, and turning the phone off is also not possible
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.schumacker View Post
    From the doctor files, both sprint and o2 contain the core 1.4 files, but they differ on modem firmware and customisation, which are held in a different zip file. It is therefore the updated UMTS modem software that is killing the rebel sim. If this continues to be the case for future updates, we should be able to continue with Sprint or meta-doctor our way forward.

As for disabling OTA, can we just delete the update application?
    Seems to me the simplest way to get to 1.4.x would be to use a meta-doctored 1.4 file with the modem initialization disabled in the Make file.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhelyerpre View Post
    Right. RSC is working, though it is not my 'current' one which appears to be completely dead. It is an older RSC which seems to work, but shows my network as T-Mobile UK Rebel Sim Card.

looks like the Sprint WebOS Doctor is the way to go for now.
    Nice one Paul...

1] Did you have to reset network keys ?
    2] What RSC mode are you using?
    3] Did you back up everything prior to the fresh install of <webosdoctorp100ewwSprint-V104 Act-Disbled.jar> or did it keep your files?
    4] Data and voice both ok?

5] I have tried executing <webosdoctorp100ewwSprint-V104 Act-Disbled.jar> but it won't run as it says I have a newer version of Doctor installed ...anyone know how to bloody get rid of the newer version (I doctored to 1.3.5.1 this year)? I'm running MacOSX and still kinda new to it ... ...and in any case I thought the Doctor was a standalone file , hence I'm not sure how to uninstall the 'older' version!
    Quote Originally Posted by toshabuser View Post
    I also have Vodafone NL but after I connected to Wifi, I cant get back to the activation menu, it stays in Wi-Fi menu. How can I return? Pushing the corners at the top and below the screen does nothing, and turning the phone off is also not possible
    The answer is in the 'manual':
    With This OS you can enable WiFi to login to your Profile. If WiFi is enabled, and you are logged into your router, reboot, because the Back gesture will not work)
    Nice one Paul...

1] Did you have to reset network keys ?
    2] What RSC mode are you using?
    3] Did you back up everything prior to the fresh install of <webosdoctorp100ewwSprint-V104 Act-Disbled.jar> or did it keep your files?
    4] Data and voice both ok?

5] I have tried executing <webosdoctorp100ewwSprint-V104 Act-Disbled.jar> but it won't run as it says I have a newer version of Doctor installed ...anyone know how to bloody get rid of the newer version (I doctored to 1.3.5.1 this year)? I'm running MacOSX and still kinda new to it ... ...and in any case I thought the Doctor was a standalone file , hence I'm not sure how to uninstall the 'older' version!
    I may have spoken too soon. Back to SOS Only. I will chat with RSC support tomorrow.
    Can someone please upload a link for 1.3.5.2 Meta-doctor if possible?

Update: I've doctored with the Sprint 1.2.1 firmware and everything seems to be OK. Going in for the 1.4 update and will report tomm. morning (its 3am here!)
    Last edited by abhinandanjain; 02/28/2010 at 03:14 PM.
    tried everything and nothing working for me, so back on 1.3.5.2 Data working great, but no voice.. grrr hopefully a solution will be found soon, :/
    Has anyone tried this workaround (using a different GSM provider) just to get past the modem initialization trap?

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...cel-pre-d.html

At this point any long shot is worth trying....
    Great find Richard.

This works perfectly for me on Optus in Australia.
    I even have the proper UK catalog.

Now I just need to figure out how to hide Sprint & Sprint Nav and it'll like be like having the official version!
    Apple iPhone (before it was a fashion accessory) -> Palm Pre (O2 UK) -> Palm Pre Plus (AT&T)
    I think the installation dialog that you are referring to is the Novaterm Installer. You can just quit out of that and continue. Or at least I could.
    Apple iPhone (before it was a fashion accessory) -> Palm Pre (O2 UK) -> Palm Pre Plus (AT&T)
  14.    #114  
    Confirmed working workaround for the Rebel incompatibility with O2 Locked Pre's and WebOS 1.4.0:
    Get this file: webosdoctorp100ewwSprint-V104 Act-Disbled.jar - 195.67MB
    Here is my log:
    10:00 Doctored a O2Locked GSM to Sprint 1.0.4 with activation disabled.
    (With This OS you can enable WiFi to login to your Profile. If WiFi is enabled, and you are logged into your router, reboot, because the Back gesture will not work)
    10:30 Got SOS only, but after toggeling 'Auto network, and re-selecting my carrier, it can back to 'vodafone NL'
    10:33 Started Downloading OTA update to 1.4.0 (150 Mb) using WiFi (now skipping 1.3.5.1)
    10:58 Installing WebOS 1.4.0 (Sprint)
    11:15 Booting..... This takes forever....
    11:19 Booted.... Finally Works like a baby, no problems anymore.
    11:21 I can confirm this is a working workaround for at least KPN and VodaFone NL, hope others are reporting soon in this thread.

This worked for me on RSC and Meteor IRL...nice find and thank you.

Gx
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krsmith88 View Post
    I think the installation dialog that you are referring to is the Novaterm Installer. You can just quit out of that and continue. Or at least I could.
    Hmm interesting... I will give it a go.
    I have posted more info here so as to keep this thread on topic: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...octor-how.html

EDIT: Thanks comming your way - I just quit out of the installer (d'oh!) and continued...
    Last edited by c_man; 02/28/2010 at 04:53 PM.
    after messing about a bit after finding an O2 sim which works perfectly on my other phone, but when i put it into the pre (GSM 02 ver) nothing, it reads it as check sim -sos. so think it maybe my pre instead of rebel sim. not sure what to try now, doctoring to the original 1.1.3 version see if it picks up the O2 Sim
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Well I just doctored to Sprint v1.04 and after rebooting, it prompts me to sign in to my profile. Only problem is, I can't. WiFi is not enabled and my SIM does not seem to be allowing data, hence profile sign in fails..... hmm..
  18.    #118  
    Well I just doctored to Sprint v1.04 and after rebooting, it prompts me to sign in to my profile. Only problem is, I can't. WiFi is not enabled and my SIM does not seem to be allowing data, hence profile sign in fails..... hmm..
    Tap on the little telephone handset icon and it will allow you to enable wifi.

Gx
    Last edited by Griffinx; 02/28/2010 at 05:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Thanks, it took about 1hr for me to sign into my profile but got there in the end. Not sure what it was downloading because non of my apps are there, non of my book marks, no nothing... just a load of Sprint related stuff. I ensured I performed a 'back up' before I doctored so no idea why everything is lost.

I'm updating OTA to 1.4 right now.

Observations:

(SIM 1 = Primary SIM, 3G enabled, my Orange contract)
    (SIM 2 = Secondary SIM, non-3G, Orange PAYG, no credit!)

SIM 1 does not work in my Pre with RSC, I just get SOS Only.
    SIM 2 DOES work in my Pre with RSC, can receive calls fine (cannot test data).

SIM 1 does not work in my unlocked Nokia 6100 with RSC.
    SIM 2 does not work in my unlocked Nokia 6100 with RSC.

SIM 1 DOES work in my unlocked Nokia 6100 without RSC, via manually selecting network.
    SIM 2 DOES work in my unlocked Nokia 6100 without RSC, via auto selecting network.

So it seems neither my primary SIM or RSC are completely dead but using them together does not work. Using secondary SIM and RSC does indeed work. So it seems RSC has done something to my primary SIM....or has it? Because it works in the Nokia just fine .

Can anyone make sense of it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    This worked for me on RSC and Meteor IRL...nice find and thank you.

Gx
    Griffin, Just wondering did you edit the carriernetworksetting before you can get 3G for 1.4?

I tried the same method from Richard but got no 3G only R - roaming sign. Mine is the same with you .. irish pre with meteor sim Thanks a mill