Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tacor View Post
    Hi!, any body knows if rich's proceedure works with another palm pre from spain, movistar??

(with my rebel card, of course...)
    It should do, the update is the same. Anyway, Movistar give out unlock codes, so you're safe either way.
    I think it killed my rebel sim or my t-mobile one because mine locks up on the setting language screen even after being doctored back to pre- update state.
    Poo.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxcopper View Post
    I think it killed my rebel sim or my t-mobile one because mine locks up on the setting language screen even after being doctored back to pre- update state.
    Poo.
    Test your SIM with or without Rebel in another phone. Clear network keys by selecting another provider. If that works again, reflash your Pre. Helped me yesterday too with similar problems...

Richard
    Max, mine did that too, I powered off, and rebooted, and then manually inputted t-mobiles APN settings, then it pulled up a 3G connection just fine, and went through it all perfectly. There's an option to input manual APNs somewhere during the setup process, sorry I can't remember where.
    WebDoctored with sprint 1.04 pre act, phone say's its offline.. :/

am going to try go to 1.4 see what happens..
    Everything else works, but no 3G I tried everything suggested here, but no luck. Hopefully the guys at rebel sim will come up with something soon.
    after doing a bit of testing with different sim cards and useing RSC on 1.4 webos update

1.4 seems to break the wireless connection(mainly 3g)on the sim cards and some other break the sim card from working full stop but if you take a non working sim card and put it in an non smartphone they still work.

i started with sos only after the update date so i dr'ed back to 1.352 then put my o2 sim card in and updated to 1.4 again once done i the rsc & a non o2 sim card in which got my uk pre working on 1.4 o2 frimware but once you switch to 3g only in phone settings it goes back to sos again

so the rebel sim does not break but allows 1.4(gsm frimware) to kill the non o2 data connection
    I'm sorry for what happened to y'all. I knew it wasn't a good idea to use something called "rebel"... That's why I opted to get the german unlocked instead.
    Does 87 replies and more than 1800 views of this thread indicate that there are possibly a lot of Rebel users with 1.4 that aren't getting this problem?
    ahh think its my sim card...data is fine, but calls are a no go, on any version.. but works fine on any other phone i use just not the pre
    I'm having a weird problem with WebOS meta-doctor - every time I use the make command, it gives an error saying "Please download the correct version of webOSdoctor jar file and move it to downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.0.jar"

Does that mean I can only download the 1.4 meta-doctor now?
    Hi all.

Well, what a disappointment eh? 1.4 seems to have done my RSC in - I am unable to change modes on the RSC in my old phone now (says invalid sim).

In the process of reinstalling the 1.0.4 Sprint linked earlier to do the updates that way until I can figure out how to get the RSC working again...
    Quote Originally Posted by shootz View Post
    Does 87 replies and more than 1800 views of this thread indicate that there are possibly a lot of Rebel users with 1.4 that aren't getting this problem?
    It seems to have nobbled the RSC
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    and yes ... I got it working following Richard's step by step.
    OS1.4 worked straight for my T-Mobile SIM.
    Only thing left for me to do was to 'add' my local Maroc Telecom provider details to the carrier dbase settings as before with 1.3.x and off she went !

it is good to be back !
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhelyerpre View Post
    Hi all.

Well, what a disappointment eh?
    An understatement mate...

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    RebelSim's site now says that 1.4 is not supported:

Palm Rebel Sim II Unlock card
    Soo cheeky!!!
    It kind of indicates they are not even working on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjengie View Post
    and yes ... I got it working following Richard's step by step.
    OS1.4 worked straight for my T-Mobile SIM.
    Only thing left for me to do was to 'add' my local Maroc Telecom provider details to the carrier dbase settings as before with 1.3.x and off she went !

it is good to be back !
    Can you confirm that:
    - you had SOS Only to begin with?
    - that all you did was Doctor your Pre with <webosdoctorp100ewwSprint-V104 Act-Disbled>
    - upgrade to 1.4 OTA
    - you had Data including 3G and voice both working 100% (once you edited APN details)

If the answer to the above 3 points is 'yes', did you have to mess around with network keys and/or RSC mode? What mode are you using??
    Last edited by c_man; 02/28/2010 at 09:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    An understatement mate...

Soo cheeky!!!
    It kind of indicates they are not even working on it...
    They did contact me yesterday to see if I had upgraded and to warn me that they had people saying 1.4 stopped it working.

The guy who called me mentioned a potential update to the baseband? I assume this was something that happened with the iPhone maybe?

Anyone know enough about it to look at 1.3.5 and 1.4 and see what differences there are in the basebands maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhelyerpre View Post
    They did contact me yesterday to see if I had upgraded and to warn me that they had people saying 1.4 stopped it working.

The guy who called me mentioned a potential update to the baseband? I assume this was something that happened with the iPhone maybe?

Anyone know enough about it to look at 1.3.5 and 1.4 and see what differences there are in the basebands maybe?
    Perhaps some geek could check the diff. between Sprint WebOS 1.4 and O2 WebOS 1.4. My assumption is that O2 requested Palm to disable the use of unlock cards. We got lucky this time, that a) we are able to flash Sprint WebOS 1.4, and 2) Sprint's phone core is NOT modified.
    I find it strange however, because Palm does not care about SimLock's. In fact, Palm wants to sell phones. O2 wants to sell contracts.
    The community needs to solve the Simlock issue, and / or create a patch to disable automatic over the air updates, until a solution has been found.

Other, but higly unlikely scenario is that the O2 OS has a bug......

BTW, about bugs: i am not able to 'test-play' ringtones in the selection menu's in the calender, email, and sounds apps.....
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post

Can you confirm that:
    - you had SOS Only to begin with?
    - that all you did was Doctor your Pre with <webosdoctorp100ewwSprint-V104 Act-Disbled>
    - upgrade to 1.4 OTA
    - you had Data including 3G and voice both working 100% (once you edited APN details)

If the answer to the above 3 points is 'yes', did you have to mess around with network keys and/or RSC mode? What mode are you using??
    Yes I did.
    Yes,
    and before updating to 1.4 I checked my SIMs with another phone and I noticed that they had lost their internet settings completely and even with my other phones they would not connect anymore until I manually set the networks back again.
    Next I followed Richard's steps and it worked exactly as he explains.
    Once 1.4 installed I had 3G on my T-Mobile.
    I did not check my local SIM but straight added it to the carrier dbase.
    I whop it went

good luck
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjengie View Post
    Yes I did.
    Yes,
    and before updating to 1.4 I checked my SIMs with another phone and I noticed that they had lost their internet settings completely and even with my other phones they would not connect anymore until I manually set the networks back again.
    Next I followed Richard's steps and it worked exactly as he explains.
    Once 1.4 installed I had 3G on my T-Mobile.
    I did not check my local SIM but straight added it to the carrier dbase.
    I whop it went

good luck
    Thanks, I may pluck up the courage to give it a go.
    Though, you didnt mention anything at all with respect to RSC - can you confirm you are using one? I would presume so, due to the thread title... if you're not using one, then your 'solution' doesnt really apply to the documented issue in this thread...

In fact, anyone who has had success with 'Richards Solution' - can you confirm you are using RSC ???
    i tried "richard soluttion" didnt work for me, still cant make calls, works fine on all other mobiles with RSC and without, just not on the Pre
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast