Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    May I know where can I get 1.0.4 Sprint webosdoctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    May I know where can I get 1.0.4 Sprint webosdoctor?
    Anyone wants to host this file??? I have it, with activation disabled.... 200 Mb
    ok, I am downloading it from a china webste. Will upload when I finish the download
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    ok, I am downloading it from a china webste. Will upload when I finish the download
    Uploaded here:
    webosdoctorp100ewwSprint-V104 Act-Disbled.jar - 195.67MB

Richard
    Last edited by Richard Rosenberger; 02/28/2010 at 04:51 AM. Reason: File uploaded
    Confirmed working workaround for the Rebel incompatibility with O2 Locked Pre's and WebOS 1.4.0:
    Get this file:
    Here is my log:
    10:00 Doctored a O2Locked GSM to Sprint 1.0.4 with activation disabled.
    (With This OS you can enable WiFi to login to your Profile. If WiFi is enabled, and you are logged into your router, reboot, because the Back gesture will not work)
    10:30 Got SOS only, but after toggeling 'Auto network, and re-selecting my carrier, it can back to 'vodafone NL'
    10:33 Started Downloading OTA update to 1.4.0 (150 Mb) using WiFi (now skipping 1.3.5.1)
    10:58 Installing WebOS 1.4.0 (Sprint)
    11:15 Booting..... This takes forever....
    11:19 Booted.... Finally Works like a baby, no problems anymore.
    11:21 I can confirm this is a working workaround for at least KPN and VodaFone NL, hope others are reporting soon in this thread.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 03/01/2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Additions
    I've reverted to 1.3.5.2 for now and working fine. But it is now prompting me to upgrade to 1.4. How do I stop this!? I get options to "install now" or "install later", but the later leaves a permanent icon in the notification area and tells me it will install at the next charge.

Help! How do I stop this from happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocko View Post
    I've reverted to 1.3.5.2 for now and working fine. But it is now prompting me to upgrade to 1.4. How do I stop this!? I get options to "install now" or "install later", but the later leaves a permanent icon in the notification area and tells me it will install at the next charge.

Help! How do I stop this from happening?
    I guess for those who choose not up update, a patch is needed. Anyone want to develop a quick patch for this issue?
    rich do you think i may need your china unlock card if it fails? or do you think it's nothing to do with it it should just work anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    rich do you think i may need your china unlock card if it fails? or do you think it's nothing to do with it it should just work anyways.
    No, it should work, just toggle network, or use another phone. Dunno why, but the SIM or Rebel got screwed up with O2 OS 1.4.0 fiddling....
    Last edited by Richard Rosenberger; 02/28/2010 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Typo's
    Rich,

Am I reading this correctly? It's as simple as flashing the old version of the sprint rom you've linked, and allowing it to ota update to 1.4 from there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    10:00 Doctored a O2Locked GSM to Sprint 1.0.4 with activation disabled.
    (With This OS you can enable WiFi to login to your Profile. If WiFi is enabled, and you are logged into your router, reboot, because the Back gesture will not work)
    10:30 Got SOS only, but after toggeling 'Auto network, and re-selecting my carrier, it can back to 'vodafone NL'
    10:33 Started Downloading OTA update to 1.4.0 (150 Mb) using WiFi (now skipping 1.3.5.1)
    10:58 Installing WebOS 1.4.0 (Sprint)
    11:15 Booting.....
    11:19 Booted.... Finally Works like a baby, no problems anymore.
    11:21 i can confirm this is a working workaround for at least KPN and VodaFone NL
    Does this mean you can unlock your pre without using rebel sim card? Let me know if this is the case. What is KPN ?
    Singapore Time:
    UK PRE LOCKED. REBEL SIM2, Mode 3.
    19:00 Updated all patched, uninstalled non aupt patches. uninstalled mytetter. backup, backup .db files.
    19:19 Downloaded, Installing.
    19:35 Booting
    19:42 up and running.3G No roaming. PERFECT!
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Richard's method WORKS!
    Actually, you can use webosdoctor 1.2.1 from Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Thanks all for the efforts!

Flash sprint rom first, then get the OTA update!
    Last edited by kiukiukiu; 02/28/2010 at 05:58 AM.
    Chrislo, You followed rich's proceedure? web doctor to sprint 1.04, then allow ota updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by gguile View Post
    Does this mean you can unlock your pre without using rebel sim card? Let me know if this is the case. What is KPN ?
    Testing:
    No, it stays locked. KPN is one of our national telecom providers.
    You still need your rebel SIM or, any other China unlock card.
    Quote Originally Posted by gguile View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspeed View Post
    Rich,

Am I reading this correctly? It's as simple as flashing the old version of the sprint rom you've linked, and allowing it to ota update to 1.4 from there?
    Yes, that assumption is correct. IT stays Locked to O2 however, so you still need your Rebel, or china unlockcard.
    no i always had sprint firmware. mine is doctored to 1.2.1 sprint long time back - 1.3.1 - 1.3.5 - now 1.4

i have been using this for a while. just wasn't sure looking all the posts before i didn't dare to update.
    Hi!, any body knows if rich's proceedure works with another palm pre from spain, movistar??

(with my rebel card, of course...)
    Last edited by tacor; 02/28/2010 at 06:02 AM. Reason: complete
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast