Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Just as I thought.
    Now your SIM will not work in another phone.
    But, with the use of RSC, another SIM will work in your Pre with WebOS1.4.
    I am waiting for a new SIM from Orange.
    Rechecked - my SIM's working fine in another Nokia
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.schumacker View Post
    I did the following, in order, with rebelsim and sim.

Pre
    Mode 1, SOS Only

SE P1i
    Switch to mode 7, reset network keys

Pre
    Asks for unlock code

SE P1i
    Back to mode 1, reset network keys

Pre
    Roaming, 3g, calls
    OK I tried the same except I didn't 'reset' network keys. Don't know how to. Any idea regarding resetting network keys in a Nokia?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    OK I tried the same except I didn't 'reset' network keys. Don't know how to. Any idea regarding resetting network keys in a Nokia?
    Resetting network keys just involves manually selecting another network other than the network your SIM is configured for. E.g. I use an Orange UK SIM card and so to reset my network keys I would manually select (from the Phone Settings menu in a Nokia, since you ask) T-Mobile (but you could select any other network).

I would normally do this whislt the RSC and SIM Card is in my backup phone, a Nokia 6100. That should do the trick.
    OK...I've been at this for quite some time. I've found out that if the Pre shows SOS, fitting the Rebel+SIM on another phone (nokia, in my case) also shows SOS/no network.

I switched the Rebel mode to 3 & 7 and in both cases my sim card started working again in the Nokia phone itself. I found another O2 forum where people have been successful at running the Pre with Rebel Sim on mode 3.

So I set up mode 3 and after checking that the SIM+Rebel were working on the Nokia, I put the cards back in the Pre - and it worked!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and not messing around with the settings again until I find someone or some site that can give me the O2 unlock code for Pre - there's no other way round this problem currently

So if someone finds O2 unlock codes (or code generators) please do share them - I don't think the Rebel SIM will hold on for long (again, fingers crossed)
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    OK...I've been at this for quite some time. I've found out that if the Pre shows SOS, fitting the Rebel+SIM on another phone (nokia, in my case) also shows SOS/no network.

I switched the Rebel mode to 3 & 7 and in both cases my sim card started working again in the Nokia phone itself. I found another O2 forum where people have been successful at running the Pre with Rebel Sim on mode 3.

So I set up mode 3 and after checking that the SIM+Rebel were working on the Nokia, I put the cards back in the Pre - and it worked!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and not messing around with the settings again until I find someone or some site that can give me the O2 unlock code for Pre - there's no other way round this problem currently

So if someone finds O2 unlock codes (or code generators) please do share them - I don't think the Rebel SIM will hold on for long (again, fingers crossed)
    Is it in roaming mode, or fully working? Does mode 3 work for anybody else?
    2,3,7 = No luck. Pre asks for o2 network unlock code. [UK Virgin Mobile sim]
    This rebel sim is giving me too much aggro. Grr..

Also I notice o2 claim to allow unlocking for 15, so I am going to try this next.
    Anybody tried this ?

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?...locking%20Form
    I've sent the form off, but my phone is from eBay and they will doubtless refuse.
    I am furious about this and very upset. I sincerely hope someone can come up with a solution to this soon... I've had to revert back to my Nokia N97 which annoyingly I listed on ebay 1 hour before I updated my Pre. So I have 7 days in which to find a solution. Why why why why why did they have to do this!?!?!?!?!
    been working on this for ages, no luck.. got data working but calls still don't work... ahh well back to G1 till a solution is found
    Ever since I installed the update I can still use wifi and receive/send emails. It just the network coverage - the phone functionality, it's dead. The sim still works though in my N97.
    Currently using this resource to try and revert to the old webOS version:

Palm Support : Revert your phone to a previous version of webOS

I hope this is useful for some people. I'll let people know if it works.
    I can confirm the same problem. o2 uk Pre on t-mobile with rebelsim. Following update to 1.4 phone showed R and worked for a few hours, then lost all signal, showed "SOS only".

I've reverted to 1.3.5.2 with webos doctor, and it appears to be working again, no need to remove SIM or reset codes of any kind.

We could really do with a software unlock solution, or a code generator. Or, failing that an o2 contract...
    I'm back up and running with the former version of webOS by following the steps at the website I listed. Takes forever but at least I have a working phone again. Hope that helps .
    Just to confirm, my webos doctor reflash has worked fine, and I'm back in business on t-mobile UK with the rebelsim. Must remember not to accept the 1.4 update next time...
    Web Doctored to 1.3.5.2, 3G works great, but still having troubles with making calls/texts etc.. think i messed up my RSC somewhere..
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.schumacker View Post
    Is it in roaming mode, or fully working? Does mode 3 work for anybody else?
    Its roaming. Also, no data. Only calls.

RebelSim's site now says that 1.4 is not supported:

Palm Rebel Sim II Unlock card

Time to doctor back to 1.3.5.2. Damn...I wanted video recording so bad..
    So we are screwed? Will sprint firmware 1.4 work?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    So we are screwed? Will sprint firmware 1.4 work?
    I am currently testing (upgrading) a O2 locked GSM to Sprint 1.4, i will report back soon.
    and there is also the verizon firmware....
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    I am currently testing (upgrading) a O2 locked GSM to Sprint 1.4, i will report back soon.
    Looks promising, KPN 3G worked immediatly. Vodafone: SOS only. BUT: remember i fuzzed around alot with this combo of Rebel and Vodafone card. I have some other brands unlock cards here also, and AFTER i Manually toggled AutoSelect network, with a china brand unlockcard my SIM got alive, and workst just fine. Now back to the Rebel / VodaFone combo: works immediatly after Boot. This could be a solution.
    Yesterday i Doctored Sprint 1.0.4 (With later versions i got an error that this version is not compatible with this hardware), upgraded OTA to 1.3.5.1 (dunno why), and this morning Upgraded OTA to 1.4.0 Works for me!. I have another PRE here, which is useless now with O2 1.4.0, i will do the same with this second PRE later today, and report back with the results. Now anyone alse try this? If you report, state your version PRE, your carrier, and unlock Method. Good Luck!
    Richard
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast