Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627 LastLast
    help

I tried using webOSdoctor 1.3.5.2 as suggested on page 22 but now my phone is stuck at the Setting Language screen. any ideas on what I can do?
    Does anybody know where i can download webosdoctor 1.3.5.2 or below? - the links at webos internals are all dead.. Also what happened to the nextgen server guys- they refunded me after i purchases the unlock software?
    no they sent me the software and instructions but without the account and password so i sent the a mail looking for it and after a couple of hours i received a notification from Paypal that I have been refunded - I didn't receive anything further... So anymore hints please on where i can find it.. also has anybody else's Rebel stopped working with this update? after 1.4 there was a lot more traffic - maybe it's a case of trying a original network sim to grab some info.
    Eventually I ended up Metadoctoring my device again, and 3G works with Vodafone NL

So,
    1. make a metadoctor Rom (1.4.5 o2 uk) that automatically connects to your wifi (import wifi settings)
    2. doctor your Pre (Phone works but data is on roaming and doesnt work)
    3. Put phone in developer mode
    4. Use this baseband tool to replace the modem
    5. Restart
    6. Phone->preferences->manual settings and put in your network settings

3G works with rebel simcard and 1.4.5
    Eventually I ended up Metadoctoring my device again, and 3G works with Vodafone NL

So,
    1. make a metadoctor Rom (1.4.5 o2 uk) that automatically connects to your wifi (import wifi settings)
    2. doctor your Pre (Phone works but data is on roaming and doesnt work)
    3. Put phone in developer mode
    4. Use this baseband tool to replace the modem
    5. Restart
    6. Phone->preferences->manual settings and put in your network settings

3G works with rebel simcard and 1.4.5
    Hi, I have a palm Pre with a rebel sim card I purchased second hand, I am in Australia and I purchased it here.
    It worked well for a few weeks and then the phone went into SOS calls only.
    I tried to do download the program to reinstall the previous firmware for the phone thinking it had updated as suggested by most people.
    The problem is the phone now wants to set the language and when I select the language it will not do it, and I suspect it is trying to find a network to do this.
    As the sim wont work with it is still in SOS calls only mode the setup will not advance any further.
    Now the phone is useless as it will not turn on past the set up stage.
    Do I need to buy another rebel sim or is there a way of checking the rebel sim to verify its working?
    Do you know how I can overcome this problem if it is the phone? I cant get into the phone to make any changes.
    I donít mind purchasing the products I need its just Iím not sure what to do at this stage.
    -try it in a nokia
    -make a metadoctor rom so you can activate via wifi
    it is possible your rebel died
    Thanks for the reply.
    Pardon my lack of knowledge, but how do I do this. What is a metadoctor, I’m not able to get past the language screen to get the phone to start up
    My sim is ok. it works in other phones, I have also ordered a compact programer from Rebel Sim to reistall the firmware
    Cheers
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    hi, can u pls share 1.3.5.2
    my pre is broke and i cant find this anywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Elad59 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Pardon my lack of knowledge, but how do I do this. What is a metadoctor, Iím not able to get past the language screen to get the phone to start up
    My sim is ok. it works in other phones, I have also ordered a compact programer from Rebel Sim to reistall the firmware
    Cheers
    You can find information here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-lot-more.html
    It takes a few hours, but after that you have a modified Webosdoctor(firmware) that automaticaly connects to your own wifi and then allows you to activate.

The phone as it is now is useless. It's illegal to post custom firmwares here and its usefull te learn how to make a custom rom, so thats the best way to go.

@alber786: why not install a new 1.4.5, you can find it (and older versions) here
  11.    #511  
    Looks like they have updated the Rebel firmware and it works again with 1.4.5

Has anyone tried it out?

Gx
    Im waiting for a programer to come that I have ordered from Rebel Sim, then I will try the firmware update. I will post the results,
    I only paid $15.50 US for the programer kit and with postage about $40 AU all up. The major problem is I cant get the phone past the language setting without a carrier, so to me its worth trying it before I spend the time doing a metadoctor,
    Cheaper than a new phone, and If I need to upgrade the sim firmware in the future I can do that.below is the link to the programer
    Rebel Compact programmer
    Last edited by Elad59; 08/19/2010 at 02:57 AM. Reason: spellling
  14.    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Doesn't that programmer cost more than an unlock?
    Some people would also prefer not to risk the warranty on their phones using the Nextgen unlock.

Gx
  15.    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Your warranty isn't voided by this.
    I suspect O2 would beg to differ
  16.    #516  
    [quote Besides Palm can take care of your warranty any time.[/quote]

I think Palm are perfectly within their rights to void your warranty if they discover the phone has been nextgened. Because they havent done so up to now, doesnt mean they wont in the future.

Gx
    I meta doctored a webosdoctor 1.4.5 for O2 and I was able to login to my Phone again. I was also able to activate my profile and restore my settings. the only problem I have is I only get SOS Only in my Pre. any ideas on how to fix this?
    now my problem is my Palm Pre sometimes has signal from my carrier (Globe Philippines) but when I go to a place when there's no signal, my Pre goes to SOS Only and it won't be able to get a signal again not unless I place my sim card in another celphone (Nokia) then place it back again. any ideas how to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elad59 View Post
    Hi, I have a palm Pre with a rebel sim card I purchased second hand, I am in Australia and I purchased it here.
    It worked well for a few weeks and then the phone went into SOS calls only.
    I tried to do download the program to reinstall the previous firmware for the phone thinking it had updated as suggested by most people.
    The problem is the phone now wants to set the language and when I select the language it will not do it, and I suspect it is trying to find a network to do this.
    As the sim wont work with it is still in SOS calls only mode the setup will not advance any further.
    Now the phone is useless as it will not turn on past the set up stage.
    Do I need to buy another rebel sim or is there a way of checking the rebel sim to verify its working?
    Do you know how I can overcome this problem if it is the phone? I cant get into the phone to make any changes.
    I donít mind purchasing the products I need its just Iím not sure what to do at this stage.
    After a long wait the programer arrived (They had to resend it somthing went wrong in the post) It arrived with another new rebel sim card, I installed the new sim and the phone worked and has been going ok, I'm running it with OS 1.4.1I havn't tried to reprogram the old sim yet
    I purchased the phone here in Australia from a local who imported it. We can’t get the Pre here; our Telco’s won’t sell the palm pre.
    It came with a rebel sim so I just decided to stick with it mainly because most of the advice posted on a lot of website is over technical for someone who just wants a phone to work. So I’m glad its working but I have to say Palm is fast loosing the sales battle by not selling the phone outright unlocked.
    Cheers