Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627 LastLast
    I am on step 5 and i cannot open the web os doctor? Anyone help? windows says it cannot open this file or that it does not no what programme to use?
    hi guys took me about 3 hours to do everything but i managed it thanks to all of ur help. Thank you very much its much appreciated! Thanks to richard and also rik.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Having novacom installed and functioning on your computer, hardly qualifies as "regularly hacking your Pre" or being "very comfortable with the developer tools".

I'm sorry it doesn't work yet for you, but I'm sure a lot of Pre users are tech savvy enough to pull this off.
    Maybe I misunderstood. We got our Pres several months ago and nobody here had ever heard of Novacom until Thurs. I thought it was used to hack the Pre.

It's not really a question of being tech savvy- the guys I work with are very competent engineers. This unlocking method has a very steep learning curve if you are not regularly hacking the Pre.

I have just been recommended Unlock your Palm TreoŽ 850 750 680 650 600 180 Pre Pro Centro Tungsten handspring Smartphone - Unlocking software and unlock codes for your Palm TreoŽ 500 750 680 650 600 180 Tungsten handspring smartphone

They can also calculate Pre unlock code using the IMEI, nothing to install, nothing to waste time. A colleague has an unlocked Pre from movistar now and unlike my phone, there is no SOS ONLY message.
    You're blaming nxtgenserver's unlock client, but you probably have an RSC related problem.

I'll repeat what has been said before:
    If you use an RSC with your SIM, and then stop using it, your SIM gets "confused" and will give a SOS Only error. The network codes on the SIM need to be reset.
    We do not have any RSC.
    Then what are you doing in this thread?
    Read backwards, then ask yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsfire View Post
    Hi all
    Has anyone got any ideas how to get at the ?destryed? modem if PmModemUpdater and WebOSDoctor cannot get at the modem any more? See my post 449.
    This is exactly what happened to me and, unfortunately, your Pre is bricked. You will need to speak with Palm support and arrange to have it sent in for warranty repair. This will take about one to two weeks, depending on where you live and how busy they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmprespain View Post
    I bought the kit and still have not been able to get it work. You need to be very comfortable with the developer tools... if you are not regularly hacking the Pre, this solution is not for you. The SIM solution is really much simpler.
    I also purchased the kit and despite a few gliches with the instructions provided (i.e. getting the USB drivers installed correctly) I have now been able to unlock the pre using this software, and therefore no longer need the Rebel Sim. However, i notice that I cannot seem to connect to 3G - I have a request in with Nextgenserver support for clarification on whether this fix disables the phone's ability to connect to 3G. Anyone else had this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by pauljh View Post
    I also purchased the kit and despite a few gliches with the instructions provided (i.e. getting the USB drivers installed correctly) I have now been able to unlock the pre using this software, and therefore no longer need the Rebel Sim. However, i notice that I cannot seem to connect to 3G - I have a request in with Nextgenserver support for clarification on whether this fix disables the phone's ability to connect to 3G. Anyone else had this issue?
    You need to reset the SIM keys. See my previous posts.....
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Hi i just finished unlocking my pre but i am unable to download any apps? when i click 'start download' i get the message saying that there is not enough memory to install the app and i need to delete some files. i have 7gb free so i dont no why this is happening? please help!
    Hi Richard, my name is Richard from NL and pretty much read everything you wrote. After overcoming the hurdles of reverting webos and dealing with a broken USB cable on top I am indeed stuck on reseting my SIM. Yesterday I drove from Leiden to the German border just to be able to Roam and select alternative Network. I couldn't connect. When search for networks it showed a 'list' but blank fields. I just selected 1 (I could) drove back over the border insert rebel and...
    Check SIM SOS only + "Unable to connect to network".
    I succesfully went through all SCONIX and your steps. I'm running out of ideas, do you have more?
    Come to think of it, how can I verify my RSC is Ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Thomas View Post
    Hi Richard, my name is Richard from NL and pretty much read everything you wrote. After overcoming the hurdles of reverting webos and dealing with a broken USB cable on top I am indeed stuck on reseting my SIM. Yesterday I drove from Leiden to the German border just to be able to Roam and select alternative Network. I couldn't connect. When search for networks it showed a 'list' but blank fields. I just selected 1 (I could) drove back over the border insert rebel and...
    Check SIM SOS only + "Unable to connect to network".
    I succesfully went through all SCONIX and your steps. I'm running out of ideas, do you have more?
    Put the SIM (with, or without Rebel) in another phone, and repeat the Sim-Keys reset. That should do the trick.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    on twitter for rebelsims

FREE Update Automatic Baseband Downgrade Application Releasing This Week For all Palm Pre Users To Use the Latest 1.4.1 Firmware Easier
    17 minutes ago via web on twitter

if you have a RSC then hold tight as this new application will make is much easier to do a baseband downgrade
    Leiden.
    Better driving to Zaltbommel then to Germany :-)

Richard, I have tried 3 different (old) phones where I switched Auto Network search to 'manual'.
    Then I removed the SIM since one cannot roam here in NL.

So infect I cannot complete step 16 since I cannot select another operator.
    16) Now, start the phone application, and open the preferences. Disable 'Network Auto-Select', and choose a different operator than your SIM is designed for. Wait a few seconds, and re-enable 'Network Auto-Select'.

This is why I think I might have actualy damaged the RSC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    You need to reset the SIM keys. See my previous posts.....
    Thanks Richard - however I had done that (i.e. reset the SIM in another phone) but it doesn't make any difference unfortunately. I have tried an O2 sim in the phone and it immediately connects to 3G. (I have also tried various locations where I am sure that there is an Orange 3G network available but no luck). Am sure it's not a coincidence, but while the Orange SIM is in the phone, I can download apps, but the install fails and I get the message that I have not enough memory to install the app, however if I then put in the O2 sim the install works and I can then use again once I re-insert the Orange sim. I like the Pre, but shame it seems to be frought with niggly issues..
    He need to read the thread, instead of just posting the same question
    Unnecessary remark don't you think...we're all here for the same reason...
    ..had you bothered reading my initial question you would have seen that it referred to the Nextgenserver solution, not the rebel sim (which had been the subject of the previous posts on resetting the sim)..I had read the thread..
    No, you just thought it referred to the nextgenserver solution. It's not related at all.
    You got your smiley the first time around. It's not as if I burnt you dramatically.
    OK..I appreciate that...however, my point is that 'my' current issue is related to the nextgenserver solution, which I understand is not related at all to the RSC - i.e. I first tried the RSC on web os 1.4.0, but once I had a forced update to 1.4.1 it stopped working - despite flashing back to 1.3.5.2 and following Richard's instructions in post #422 (I got lots of other issues, eg contacts would not sync, could not make calls etc). I therefore tried the nextgenserver solution - I now no longer have the RSC in my phone, and the nextgenserver solution seems to work in every way except I cannot get 3G connectivity (and hence, I believe, the issue with installing apps per my previous post). Correct me if I'm wrong but the previous posts on resetting the sim were specific to the RSC...I was just trying to find out if anyone else had the same problem with nextgenserver...I'm not here to argue with anyone, just trying to get my phone sorted
    Yes, you're right in that respect; I did kinda jump on you However, the unlock client should not have any influence on your 3G signal. If you have lots of issues, it sounds like you got a buggy install though... You can either check it with the webos repair utility, or (perhaps even better), just redoctor the phone to 1.4.1.
    OK...thanks for the advice..am still a bit new to this - so would appreciate if you can tell me how I can either check the current install or re-doctor to 1.4.1 ? (as checking for updates now just tells me I am on fully up to date, despite being on 1.4.0) Is there a doctor available to download and upgrade to 1.4.1 at this point?