Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 522
  1. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    I can confirm that my SIM is dead - not working on my old Treo 750.

    My carrier has asked me to get another SIM and try it - will keep you posted.
    Just as I thought.
    Now your SIM will not work in another phone.
    But, with the use of RSC, another SIM will work in your Pre with WebOS1.4.
    I am waiting for a new SIM from Orange.
  2. #22  
    just checked my sim card in another phone and it working so it must the 1.4 update or the rebel sim/black sim
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Just as I thought.
    Now your SIM will not work in another phone.
    But, with the use of RSC, another SIM will work in your Pre with WebOS1.4.
    I am waiting for a new SIM from Orange.
    I've tried 2 different sims from different carriers with the Rebel and 1.4 and they dont work. The sims work fine in another phone.

    Gx
  4. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #24  
    Damn .

    Has anyone contacted Rebel SIM Card for support?
    I called up yesterday but they wanted my order number before offering to help (he sounded like a really unhelpful and miserable barsteward too). He mentioned telephone support is not open on weekends but do provide email support instead...
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    I've just updated to 1.4 and my Rebel SIM no longer works. I just get SOS only.

    Is anyone else having this issue?

    Going to try resetting the keys, change modes etc to see if it makes any difference.

    Gx
    Hi, I have this problem when I go abroad and come back...you need to reset the Rebel SIM - just stick it in a Nokia or other phone with a SIM toolkit and ensure that 'mode 1' is selected. When it first happened to me I panicked and ended up buying a new RS, but then customer support replied to me email and told me what to do...so now I have a spare!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Damn .

    Has anyone contacted Rebel SIM Card for support?
    I called up yesterday but they wanted my order number before offering to help (he sounded like a really unhelpful and miserable barsteward too). He mentioned telephone support is not open on weekends but do provide email support instead...
    Just spoke to a helpful chap at Rebel tech. support and they will look into it.

    He said to try and search for the network manually and see if that works...I cant do that now as Im in the middle of doctoring.

    Gx
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post

    I'm now going to doctor with 1.4 using the 1.3.5.2 version of wr.tar
    Well that didn't work...got stuck at 72%. Guess its back to 1.3.5.2 for me...hope that works

    Gx
  8. #28  
    i've got my pre on t-mobile sim card, with Rebel Sim.. got the roaming sign on it, 3G works fine i can browse do everything but can't make calls..

    use a Orange Sim + Rebel sim, roaming come up can make calls but can't get 3G

    so kinda works, hate to have to go down from 1.4 so hopefully someone will fine a solution

    /z
  9. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Well that didn't work...got stuck at 72%. Guess its back to 1.3.5.2 for me...hope that works

    Gx
    The true test will be if your RSC works with 1.3.5.2.

    At least they will tell us if RSC is 'dead' ...or its just incompatible with WebOS1.4.

    Good luck....

    Quote Originally Posted by z33ma View Post
    i've got my pre on t-mobile sim card, with Rebel Sim.. got the roaming sign on it, 3G works fine i can browse do everything but can't make calls..

    use a Orange Sim + Rebel sim, roaming come up can make calls but can't get 3G

    so kinda works, hate to have to go down from 1.4 so hopefully someone will fine a solution

    /z
    So which of the two SIMs did you have in your Pre whilst you downloaded WebOS1.4?
  10. #30  
    Hi there,
    just loaded 1.4. Everything seems to be working with my RSC, QWERTY O2 Pre and Czech Vodafone but I have the Always roaming problem. I can make/receive calls and the data service is working fine but I had to enable data roaming.

    Hope the RSC team will sort this out soon.
  11. #31  
    i had my t-mob sim in when i downloaded 1.4
  12. #32  
    I have roaming working with calls and 3G.

    I had SOS, so reset networks keys and changed from and to mode 1 in a different phone.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    I've just updated to 1.4 and my Rebel SIM no longer works. I just get SOS only.

    Is anyone else having this issue?

    Going to try resetting the keys, change modes etc to see if it makes any difference.

    Gx
    try this

    turn on data roaming


    then try reboot and if still sos try to do network search in phone to connected to network that way

    if still not good then program the rebel sim ii with its firmware and will be set in universal mode where none of the 12 modes are selected in menu

    try this universal mode

    try universal mode in 2 way

    1 is clear network simcard keys
    2 make sure you have already valid keys in the sim and can do this by placing network sim in another phone without rebel sim and make sure you get signal and make a call and also make a data connection by using the wap or gprs or 3g on the phone

    try above steps in mode 1 of rebel sim also

    make sure data roaming is turned on in the phone
  14. c_man's Avatar
    Posts
    392 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #34  
    I wondering what the outcome would be if someone was on 1.3.5.2 and then via the WebOSDoctor v1.4 , upgrades to WebOS1.4.

    Is anyone still on 1.3.5.2 who can try to update via this way? i.e. instead of a OTA upgrade.
  15. sjengie's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #35  
    same problems here. Updated over the air my UK O2 rebelled Pre from 1.3.5.2 to 1.4 but all i got was roaming. No more 3G. Reconfiguring the carrier dbase settings for my local IAM morocco SIM - which helped before, did not help this time.

    I have doctored back to 1.3.5.2
  16. #36  
    I can confirm that - the same like in the past on iPhone devices (new adapter for every new version), Rebel Sim does not support webOS 1.4 - to fix it we need new version of this card or downgrade, I think.
    PalmGSM.pl
  17. #37  
    Yep just comes up with SOS when I try to use a 3 sim with my UK 02 Palm pre now I upgraded to 1.4
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.schumacker View Post
    Got roaming back, I'll settle for that.
    How???????? Please help!
  19. #39  
    I did the following, in order, with rebelsim and sim.

    Pre
    Mode 1, SOS Only

    SE P1i
    Switch to mode 7, reset network keys

    Pre
    Asks for unlock code

    SE P1i
    Back to mode 1, reset network keys

    Pre
    Roaming, 3g, calls
  20. #40  
    Hi.. I'm using T-Mobile SIM on a UK spec Palm Pre... I can confirm that initial update to WebOS 1.4 breaks the Rebel SIM Card. However, I've discovered a work around. If you change the network search to manual, i.e. set "Network Auto-Select" option to "OFF". Then perform a manual scan of the networks available, and select your carrier.... Operation of the phone is restored, although the phone indicates it is roaming with "R" shown next to the signal indicator instead of "G". Have been able to make and receive calls, and also text messages... Can't test data at the moment, cos only got 1 bar of signal - not good coverage where I am.

    Hopefully the folks at Rebel will be able to issue a firmware update to correct this.

    I assume Palm have made some changes to the security of the Pre. Obviously, the phone realises it is now being spoofed and not on the O2 network.
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions