Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Just bought second hand Movistar QWERTY Pre with Rebel SIM.
    Owner upgraded to 1.4 just before selling !!
    Wouldn't recognise SIM or network (OPTUS AU).
    Thought I'd try from a clean slate, and wiped Pre !!!
    --> Brick
    1. Downloaded Webos 1.4 and used WebOS Doctor to reinstall
    2. Activation screen blocked, SOS/Emergency
    3. Used Meta-doctor to fix 1.4 WebOS and reinstalled (used CYGWIN)
    4. Get past Activation etc., still SOS only
    5. Read Rebel SIM info on how to reset Mode (Nokia 6220, select wrong network, select right network, make call, test web.)
    6. Select Network preferences for Pre (2G, Roaming ON)
    7. Insert Rebel + SIM in Pre .... Reboot .... Success
    8. Connected to Optus, Phone works etc

Thanks to all posters here, used bits from all

Q - Still haven't activated Palm profile, and not sure if I can create a new Profile on a second hand (used) phone. Also, how to create Palm Profile when bypassed with Meta-doctor. Can't download Palm Apps
    Hi guys

I am also in need of getting a working link to web os doctor.

Have a palm pre, which upgraded to 1.4. wont connect via 3g any more. then one of the 02 mguys did a full erase on the pre, and It won't get past the login screen on the phone, it has lost its apn settings too. and just freezes.

This is the info I got but need web os

If you get issues with the Palm after an 1.4 update, follow these steps and it will fix the problem.

First try to do the initial hard reset by holding in orange button + sym + R and wait for the little timer wheel to appear. (NB. make sure the customer has done a back up on their devices before attempting any reset)

If that does not work, go to : Palm - Download - webOS Doctor - O2 (UK) and download web OS Doctor to your Guru laptop. (Do it now if you don't have it already or do it when you get your Guru laptop
    After installation run the program and follow steps until it asks you to plug in the Pre.

1. Make sure the battery is not in the phone.
    2. Hold the volume up button + power button while you insert the USB cable.....
    3. Insert the battery while keeping the buttons pressed in.
    4. You will see on the screen that the doctor will initialise and start running.
    5. Donít interrupt while itís running.

Presto!!! Will fix 99% of problems

any help greatfully received, it won't reset again either by pressing the sym ornage and power button
    A Link to Sprint 1.0.4 with Activation disabled, and the possibility to enable WiFi is posted here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2264413-post65.html

Copy and paste the link into your browser, for some reason, clicking on it will not work.
    Sorry am in Uk so not on sprint. am on 02 network
    Quote Originally Posted by stevekranz View Post
    Sorry am in Uk so not on sprint. am on 02 network
    I suggest you read the thread. Flashing Sprint will solve your problem with the Rebel card and webOS 1.4.0

[Speaking of, I noticed i needed to read your post.. Ur on O2, so you don't need a rebel SIM.]
    PM me what u need....
    Last edited by Richard Rosenberger; 03/24/2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Misread.
    @ Richard, thank you so much!! your method works an absolute treat!!

For anyone wondering, I was running 02 UK 1.4 with rebel sim. Lost all connections etc. Used Richard's link above, flashed the sprint rom. Straight away everything is working! I've just downloaded the 1.4 update through the pre - granted it's still a sprint rom but EVERYTHING appears to be working. 3g, internet etc etc!

Totally solved my problem, so many thanks!
    Hi All

Using an O2 Pre on Optus in Oz. 1.4 update has kiboshed it, of course.

Sorry to be such a noob, but I'm having trouble getting the 'Dr' to work.

First I went to Palm Support : Revert your phone to a previous version of webOS , but can't download any of the Dr files (get 404'd).

So, I downloaded Richard's Sprint jar file (via http://forums.precentral.net/2264413-post65.html), but can't get it to run. I got a 'Windows can't open this file' message, then realised it's an archive, so tried expanding the archive, but now don't know which file to run.

My Java is Version 6 Update 13, according to Java.com

(I did search the forum for some standard 'This is how to use WebOSDoctor' type thing, but failed to find anything.)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
    Just re-install Java Eventualy do an uninstall first. Alternatively: use another computer.
    errrm, in regards to previous post, i now seem to be having major issues with the phone..

So sprint Rom was flashed (onto UK 02 pre) and upgraded to 1.4. Everything was working for a few hours. Then apparently out of nowhere all phone signal was completely cut off and back to sos...

I reset the phone, and even with the rebel sim in i got the "enter network unlock code" screen!

Any ideas what to do now??
    Quote Originally Posted by rik95 View Post
    errrm, in regards to previous post, i now seem to be having major issues with the phone..

So sprint Rom was flashed (onto UK 02 pre) and upgraded to 1.4. Everything was working for a few hours. Then apparently out of nowhere all phone signal was completely cut off and back to sos...

I reset the phone, and even with the rebel sim in i got the "enter network unlock code" screen!

Any ideas what to do now??
    If that is NOT your PIN code than:

You can try the following:

-If you get past the Unlock code, and you gain access to the phone application, toggle manual network selection, select your own network, and if succeeded, turn it back to Auto.

-Reset SIM network keys: put your Sim in another phone, and manual select another network than you subscribed on.

-Toggle rebel mode to 3 and back to 1 using an old Nokia or so.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the quick response..

I don't have a pin code set on the phone/sim so it's something to do with the software on the phone I imagine.

i'll have to wait a few hour until i get chance to re-flash it with the sprint software again, but i'll update later with the results.

Thanks for the quick response and help
    can someone post webos 1.3.5.2 here ?

plz
    Quote Originally Posted by slawlang View Post
    The third conection WebOs 1.4 with modem fw of 1.352 yesterday. After I sent 2 MMS, showed 5 internet site 2G ang 3G went away... Maybe my Pre is damaged...
    There is no problem. I set in Phone>Pref>Manual Settings >On<
    Then in Edit Network Settings I set every time only MMS APN without INTERNET APN. After done the settings in INTERNET APN (in Polish ERA network only >erainternet< in line INTERNET APN and (empty) in USERNAME and PASSWORD) 2G and 3G works perfect

There where I live there is weak 3G range. I set in Phone>Pref>NETWORK TYPE>2G only< and my Battery life is longer
    TX => Treo680 => PalmPre(-)WebOS2.1 => HP Pre3
    just a quick update on my situation. Re-flashed the sprint webOS, it turns on with rebel in now, but when attempting to select a network manually, non show up in the list. Very strange. I think i need to reset the network keys on the rebel sim, but don't have an old nokia! Is there any other way i can do it?

It would be perfect if someone could post the 02 1.3.5.2 webOS doctor. But it appears to be the rarest thing on the internet!! lol. I noticed rebel sim are now sending it out on a cd with every sim bought, i emails them earlier in the week about getting a cd but no response yet! If anyone has the cd, uploading it to rapidshare or something would be incredibly helpful for literally hundreds of people!
    If you use one of these links, please use the Thanks! button.

webOS doctor PRE Sprint-V104 Activation-Disabled-WiFi enabled - 195.67MB If you flash this one, you can enable WiFi via the menu. Boot the device After enabling WiFi, because the Back Gesture will NOT work. Activation is disabled, so if you need a Sprint OS for a O2 GSM to get it to work with a rebel card, you need this one. OTA update to 1.4 will do its job perfect, and probably future updates also. Refer to post #65 in this thread.

webOS doctor PRE Sprint-V135 - 207.45MB You cannot flash this one in a EU GSM. The Doctor will notice the device is an O2, and will refuse. Use the 1.0.4. version above instead.

webOS doctor PRE O2 GSM EU-V1352 - 210.28MB You can flash this one in a EU GSM. The Doctor will notice the device is an O2, and will accept this one. You can extract the modem firmware from this one to use with Sconix method though.

webOS doctor PRE Bell-V131.jar - 220.10MB Just to be complete.....

Requests? Let me know.

Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Last edited by Richard Rosenberger; 04/05/2010 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Updated + Typo's
    hey Richard Rosenberger,

thanx a lot ......... I've got O2 version

can you give mirrors on rapidshare ?
    Quote Originally Posted by arif1490 View Post
    hey Richard Rosenberger,

thanx a lot ......... I've got O2 version

can you give mirrors on rapidshare ?
    No, rapidshare does not allow files > 200Mb

Why?

Richard
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    No, rapidshare does not allow files > 200Mb

Why?

Richard
    coz, zshare is really slow

plz upload on rapidshare, you can use winrar to divide it into 2 parts

plz brother
    Lo consegui. Por fin funciona. Detallo el procedimiento desde un pc linux 5paso a paso:
    1- Bajar webosdoctorp100ewwSprint-V104 Act-Disbled.jar Ė 195.67MB desde zSHARE - webosdoctorp100ewwSprint-V104 Act-Disbled.jar
    2- Desempaquetar el archivo y buscar en la carpeta resources y dentro de ella, en la carpeta webOS.tar, el archivo castleumtsfw.tar
    3- Conectar el Pre en modo usb y copiar castleumtsfw.tar a una carpeta temporal llamada downrebel (por ejemplo)
    4- Desconectar el modo usb y conectar en modo solo carga. El Pre debe estar previamente en modo DevMode (para poner en DevMode, es recomendable bajar con Preware la aplicacion DevMode Launcher)
    5- Abrir un terminal y ejecutar novacom mediante
    novacom -t open tty://
    6- Copiar castleumtsfw.tar dedes la carpeta temporal downrebel a /tmp mediante
    cp /media/internal/downrebel/castleumtsfw.tar /tmp/
    7- Ejecutar el downgrade mediante
    /usr/bin/PmModemUpdater -m -e </tmp/castleumtsfw.tar
    8- Esperar unos dos minutos y .... YA ESTA. Puedes borrar ya la carpeta downrebel y su contenido

Espero que les sea util. Este procedimiento es solo una traduccion detallada del de sconix
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2275130
    Si les es util debieran agradecerselo a sconix
    Many thanks Richard
    Used the sprint version to flash my 02 phone and is updating over wifi as I type this. I havn't tried my vodafone sim in as yet but will try when update is complete.