Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0c00l View Post
    A quick chat with the RSC sales/support team just now implies that there should be some news about a webos 1.4 compatible upgrade fro the RSC some time this week
    Any more info on this at all? i.e. will it involve the purchasing of a new RSC? If not, I guess many of us would have to purchase the firmware flashing device anyway. Catch 22. I think I'd just stick to the solution in this thread (if I get it work - do not have my Pre at the moment).

Thanks for the heads up though
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Any more info on this at all? i.e. will it involve the purchasing of a new RSC? If not, I guess many of us would have to purchase the firmware flashing device anyway. Catch 22. I think I'd just stick to the solution in this thread (if I get it work - do not have my Pre at the moment).

Thanks for the heads up though
    No more info than that I'm afraind, although I would imagine that you're right in saying it would be a flash upgrade to existing RSCs.
    Edit - sorry, didn't realise it was illegal (?) to request older version of webOS doctor. any chance someone can PM me with help?
    Last edited by rik95; 03/22/2010 at 08:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.schumacker View Post
    I've had the same error, just reflash with webos doctor.
    Yeah, tried that. Fixed the modem problem, but still drops calls before connecting. Strangely enough though, data works as the OTA restore from my profile was successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by graemer View Post
    Yeah, tried that. Fixed the modem problem, but still drops calls before connecting. Strangely enough though, data works as the OTA restore from my profile was successful.
    Annoyingly I can still send and receive SMS as well, just can't make or receive calls.
    hi there guys, i am a new owner of a palm pre, and unfortunatly i am in the position of this already being on 1.4 web os, therefore i can not use my tmobile uk sim, with rebel sim.

Does anyone have any non broken links for the webos doctor i need so i can downgrade?

Also i had a chat with rebel sim today, i was basically told to not expect a solution anytime soon for 1.4 webos, they are even sending out older versions of web os doctor on cd so people purchasing from them can downgrade, that to me doesnt look good
    Quote Originally Posted by ascottuk View Post
    hi there guys, i am a new owner of a palm pre, and unfortunatly i am in the position of this already being on 1.4 web os, therefore i can not use my tmobile uk sim, with rebel sim.

Does anyone have any non broken links for the webos doctor i need so i can downgrade?

Also i had a chat with rebel sim today, i was basically told to not expect a solution anytime soon for 1.4 webos, they are even sending out older versions of web os doctor on cd so people purchasing from them can downgrade, that to me doesnt look good
    Strange they should change their story since I spoke to them..but hey ho! did they say how we can get a copy on CD from them? probably a case of needing to email support lol.
    Strange they should change their story since I spoke to them..but hey ho! did they say how we can get a copy on CD from them? probably a case of needing to email support lol.
    Unfortunatlely for me i didnt purchase direct from them, so they wont send me the cd, from what i gather its just a case of emailing support, you will probably have to pay for shipping. Or you could log onto their online chat thing, they may be able to help. Its on the left hand side half way down their web page
    Quote Originally Posted by ascottuk View Post
    could log onto their online chat thing, they may be able to help.
    Thats where they said "some news this week" to me....
    Thats where they said "some news this week" to me....
    Maybe just different people saying one thing, and then another saying something else. Fingers crossed there is some news this week, to be fair the person i spoke to worked on sales, and his english was not terribly good (i dont know how many people work there, i would not have thought many)

Fingers crossed there is some sort of update, as till then im sat with a pre that i cant use, sat in roaming mode.

Or hopefully someone has an o2 web os dr they can upload
    Lol, I'm keeping a close eye on the RSC blog....We live in hope!
    Lol, I'm keeping a close eye on the RSC blog....We live in hope!
    seems we may be in for a longer wait then first thought

Rebel Simcard unlocking iPhone 3G firmware 2.2.1 & Modem firmware 02.30.03 3.0 Beta 2 Modem Firmware 04.22.01
    Ah well...at least the baseband downgrade (old modem firmware) seems to work ok! and hopefully they will carry on working to see if they can get around the issue.

On another note it seems that O2 will give unlock codes out for free to their contract customers....I filled out the form and am now waiting to hear back from them. Seems PAYG customers can do the same 12mths after purchase for a fee of 15....

Support - O2 (Can I unlock my O2 mobile to use it on a different network?)
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    On another note it seems that O2 will give unlock codes out for free to their contract customers....I filled out the form and am now waiting to hear back from them. Seems PAYG customers can do the same 12mths after purchase for a fee of 15....

Support - O2 (Can I unlock my O2 mobile to use it on a different network?)
    Good shout. But unfortunately not the case. This is already discussed [and rightfully so] in it's own topic: http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ocking-o2.html
    Guys - a little thought - since the 1.4.0 modem upgrade has broken RSC, what are the chances that the Dr. for an unlocked QWERTZ pre might unlock a locked handset ?

For comparison purposes, the md5 of the Dr. that I just downloaded for mine is :

42c0f1b248a7d3398e44be752a8e05a1 webosdoctorp100ueu-wr.jnlp

How does that compare with the md5 for a Dr. for a locked phone ? If they're different, there must be some difference in the archive.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Guys - a little thought - since the 1.4.0 modem upgrade has broken RSC, what are the chances that the Dr. for an unlocked QWERTZ pre might unlock a locked handset ?

For comparison purposes, the md5 of the Dr. that I just downloaded for mine is :

42c0f1b248a7d3398e44be752a8e05a1 webosdoctorp100ueu-wr.jnlp

How does that compare with the md5 for a Dr. for a locked phone ? If they're different, there must be some difference in the archive.
    The .jnlp file isnt the doctor. It just a javascript front end which points to

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar

I think its a bit more complicated than just different doctors....but I could be wrong

Gx
    I am glad I downgraded to Spint 1.2.1 then upgraded to 1.4.0 - all this flashing firmware seems a little complex and seems troublesome.

My pre is working perfectly with 1.4.0 and rebel sim - only thing is that I am on Sprint f/w
    right guys i am amazingly stuck here, could someone host/upload web dr e.t im stuck on 1.4 with SOS signal even if i change to 2g mode, in 3g i get roaming mode unable to do anything so i desperately need to downgrade. Many thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    The .jnlp file isnt the doctor. It just a javascript front end which points to

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar

I think its a bit more complicated than just different doctors....but I could be wrong

Gx
    Damn! Brain-fade moment. Here's the md5 for the .jar rom file too

0593f3b94ec4050febacea14c8af7b10 webosdoctorp100ueu-wr.jar

and a MD5 for a zipped version of the .app (MacOS) created by the .jnlp download process

7dae6cfd66344063738a46101e97fe0f 1.4Dr.zip

You're probably right that it's more complicated than this - but I don't know if anyone has checked yet.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  20.    #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post

0593f3b94ec4050febacea14c8af7b10 webosdoctorp100ueu-wr.jar
    Yep, same for O2 locked!