Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slawlang View Post
    There is another problem... Maybe it is only in my Pre. After downgrading i had 3G about 2 days and then there is no 3G. GSM works without mistakes. I did downgrading 2 times and after 2 days 3g disappear. My downgrade was described in #288. Have You this problem..?
    sconix, here in Chile there is 3G but only available to notebooks connected with high speed cards, son I cannot yet try that option, just 2G.
    Avigo, Palm V, T, TE, T3, TX, Kyocera 7135, Centro, Pre minus, Pre Plus, PRE Ver, PRE 3
    Now that the Web OS repair utility is out could anyone create a metadoctor with the requisite Castleutms.tar file in it? It's beyond my meagre abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
    Now that the Web OS repair utility is out could anyone create a metadoctor with the requisite Castleutms.tar file in it? It's beyond my meagre abilities.
    I am in the process of trying this (through a lot of guess work) but my internet connection is so slow at home it takes 1+ hours to download the webosdoctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by slawlang View Post
    There is another problem... Maybe it is only in my Pre. After downgrading i had 3G about 2 days and then there is no 3G. GSM works without mistakes. I did downgrading 2 times and after 2 days 3g disappear. My downgrade was described in #288. Have You this problem..?
    The third conection WebOs 1.4 with modem fw of 1.352 yesterday. After I sent 2 MMS, showed 5 internet site 2G ang 3G went away... Maybe my Pre is damaged...
    TX => Treo680 => PalmPre(-)WebOS2.1 => HP Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoqv View Post
    Does anybody know if 2G and 3G modem settings are in the same file on the Pre? I am almost certain now that I have only 3G. Changing the phone settings to 2G gives me SOS only. Extremely annoying as the 2G signal strength is much better than the 3G dito in my neighbourhood. Did the update followed by Sconix's fix kill 2G for anybody else?
    Not sure about the whether there is separate fw for the 2G part but I doubt it. And anyway at least for me the 2G part was working even with the modem fw from 1.4.0 and it is still working with the modem fw from 1.3.5.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by shu_shu_lok View Post
    Dear guys, I need help! I am using O2 Pre with Rebel Sim II.

Here’s the saga of my Pre…

1.Upgraded to 1.4, the phone showed “Phone offline” (instead of Roaming);
    2.Sent the file castleumtsfw.tar to /tmp using WQI
    3.Typed the command “PmModemUpdater -m -e </tmp/castleumtsfw.tar”
    4.Phone restarted but still showed “Phone offline”
    5.Doctored to 1.3.5.2, when the phone restarts, it keeps loading at the start up screen and cannot load to select language for activation.
    6.then here is a message “your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved”

Did I brick my Pre? What should I do now?

I am facing a some what similar problem. Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhelyerpre View Post
    I am in the process of trying this (through a lot of guess work) but my internet connection is so slow at home it takes 1+ hours to download the webosdoctor.
    Thanks, I might have a go myself, although the links to the solutions have been removed from the Rebel site. I wonder have they resolved it?
    PLEASE HELP ME - I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE

I have been using 1.4 since last few days. It worked fine with just "R" but it didn't affect the 3G or my network until today. NOW IT SAYS SOS ONLY

I tried sconix method, copied my file to tmp in pre but following error comes:
    root@palm-webos-device: PmModemUpdater -m -e </tmp/castleumtsfw.tar
    cannot open /tmp/castleumtsfw.tar: no such file

Do i need to wipe out everything and start from scratch? How do i do it ?

or can i still fix the problem without downgrading and then upgrading?

please HELP
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Not sure about the whether there is separate fw for the 2G part but I doubt it. And anyway at least for me the 2G part was working even with the modem fw from 1.4.0 and it is still working with the modem fw from 1.3.5.2.
    It is thanks to you, sconix, that I still have a working phone , I am really glad I found your solution! I haven't tried yet with any other SIM, so I can't be 100% sure that 2G doesn't work, but it sure seems that way. The way things are with the RC, I don't dare changing things too much. Before I applied your solution, I put the RC in an older SE phone to try to change the mode, but it appeared to be locked to mode 1 so I just went with that. Anyway, with network settings at 3G only, I very rarely get the "Network search..." problem, even if the signal reception looks to be just about zero. I have even been able to maintain an ongoing phone call while the Pre goes to "SOS only"!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoqv View Post
    It is thanks to you, sconix, that I still have a working phone , I am really glad I found your solution! I haven't tried yet with any other SIM, so I can't be 100% sure that 2G doesn't work, but it sure seems that way. The way things are with the RC, I don't dare changing things too much. Before I applied your solution, I put the RC in an older SE phone to try to change the mode, but it appeared to be locked to mode 1 so I just went with that. Anyway, with network settings at 3G only, I very rarely get the "Network search..." problem, even if the signal reception looks to be just about zero. I have even been able to maintain an ongoing phone call while the Pre goes to "SOS only"!!
    OK that is weird. At least I am using also mode 1 and have tried at least couple different sim cards and even used the phone in couple different countries and all has been working really well. So I have no glue what could cause your problems. I think one option could be to try the flashing again with for example airplane mode on so that the modem should not be in use (I think I read someone using this to get succesfull flashing). But this is far fetched since if you got succesfull flash result so doubt that it would help, but this is all that comes to my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    OK that is weird. At least I am using also mode 1 and have tried at least couple different sim cards and even used the phone in couple different countries and all has been working really well. So I have no glue what could cause your problems. I think one option could be to try the flashing again with for example airplane mode on so that the modem should not be in use (I think I read someone using this to get succesfull flashing). But this is far fetched since if you got succesfull flash result so doubt that it would help, but this is all that comes to my mind.
    Is there a trick to using the RSC abroad? Every time I have been away, it has initially found the network, and then reverted to SOS only or asked for the network lock code.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.schumacker View Post
    Is there a trick to using the RSC abroad? Every time I have been away, it has initially found the network, and then reverted to SOS only or asked for the network lock code.
    At least I haven't need to do anything. So far have used my Pre with RSC in Finland, Sweden, France and Mexico without any problems. Even data connection has worked well.
    What settings are you using for it (RSC mode, 3g only, manual network etc)? I have experienced nothing but fail when taking the phone abroad.
    What settings are you using for it (RSC mode, 3g only, manual network etc)? I have experienced nothing but fail when taking the phone abroad.
    Mode 1 and normal automatic settings nothing special.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I have experienced nothing but fail when taking the phone abroad.
    Same here: http://forums.precentral.net/2151618-post307.html
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Harrowingly familiar, from a trip to France. Even better, I'm Orange UK and heading to Amsterdam.

I'll take a backup phone and see what I can manage.
    While using the -f option for downgrading the modem fw , my Pre is stuck at Flashing AMSS - 64 %... What to do?
    Okay something is really effing wrong with these instructions... I tried to downgrade the fw using the -f option and the process gets stuck at AMSS flashing 58% and then nothing happens. After that the phone offline issue arises and no matter what I do the phone can't be web doctored. Can somebody effin explain?
    I am currently on 1.4 and I've found my rebelsim to work for around 4 hours before going back to SOS only. If I put the sim in another phone and then back in the Pre it works again. I've been trying to download the 1.3.5.2 webdoctor (o2 IE version, same as UK?) but the download links seem to be broken. If anyone could put up a mirror I'd really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I have not tried the solution of Sconics (though very greatful) as afraid that I will mess up. Is it not better that I just wait to the new upgrade of webos?