Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I tried many applications tonight after 1.4 install. The overall speed/responsiveness has improved significantly. I am not sure if Palm enabled 600Mhz speed with 1.4. Nonetheless, there is phenomenal improvement in performance. Web pages are loaded much faster now.

So far so good....
    Last edited by palmpre06062009; 02/27/2010 at 03:35 AM.
    Yes sir!!!..The speed at which preware opens/responds now is scary!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I agree mine feels more responsive, but I guess it always does after a install/restart well see if it holds up tomorrow with no luna restart.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by onyoursix View Post
    I agree mine feels more responsive, but I guess it always does after a install/restart well see if it holds up tomorrow with no luna restart.
    No it was never like this before. This is definitely different...
    I agree, notice a speed improvement too!
    It's feeling good right now. Universal search is more responsive now, not as laggy when searching for apps to launch.
    mine seem angry lol, very snappy!
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    No it was never like this before. This is definitely different...
    yeah I totally agree I just hope it holds up as you use the device more with no restarts.
    transitions look MUCH cleaner too. And everything does feel much more responsive. Clicking an app is so much better now that you have immediate response via instant glow on icon! Lets see how battery goes tomoorow
    The speed amazes me so far! I am glad they took their time on this update and did it right!
    This is -absolutely- different from previous patches and reboots.

The user interface is snappy as hell - it's so responsive that it feels like using a totally different phone. I'm used to the old slower responses and while it's weird to see such fast speed and responsiveness to touch, I'm finding myself -so- very happy about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    This is -absolutely- different from previous patches and reboots.

The user interface is snappy as hell - it's so responsive that it feels like using a totally different phone. I'm used to the old slower responses and while it's weird to see such fast speed and responsiveness to touch, I'm finding myself -so- very happy about it.
    Couldn't agree more. It really does feel like the phone has been overclocked. It is a completely different experience. Everything flies.

I actually am going through Paratrooper for a second time now. It feels like a new game because it so much smoother.
    I was running at 600Mhz before the update, naturally I went back to stock before the update. It can say that it certainly feels snappier almost like I'm still running at 600Mhz.
    The phone is a little bit more responsive, nothing amazing. Still way more laggy than it should be. If you don't think so go use a blackberry or iphone 3gs for a couple days and then come back to webos 1.4 and u'll see.
    One of the biggest things that annoyed me prior to 1.4 was the stalling that would happen when you launched an app. The initial glow of the icon would stick for a second or two. Glad they fixed it!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    The phone is a little bit more responsive, nothing amazing. Still way more laggy than it should be. If you don't think so go use a blackberry or iphone 3gs for a couple days and then come back to webos 1.4 and u'll see.
    This.
    It feels like they adjusted the scaling for scrolling ratio a bit closer to 1:1 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    One of the biggest things that annoyed me prior to 1.4 was the stalling that would happen when you launched an app. The initial glow of the icon would stick for a second or two. Glad they fixed it!
    I think you've hit the nail on the head.

My PrPrPr&#$275$; $certainly$ $does$ $seem$ $to$ $be$ $faster$, $but$ $I$ $also$ $believe$ $that$ $part$ $of$ $it$ $is$ $an$ $illusion$, $and$ $a$ $clever$ $one$ $at$ $that$. $I$ $doubt$ $very$ $seriously$ $that$ $most$ $apps$ $are$ $really$ $launching$ $that$ $much$ $faster$, $but$ $the$ &$quot$;$loading$ $cards$&$quot$; $make$ $it$ $look$ $much$ $more$ $smooth$.
    Much faster.

Best new feature: ability to create separate notification sounds for e-mail and text. Seems like a simple thing but this will make my life so much easier.

Now I can tell the difference. Now I can stay on the couch for e-mails and get up right away for a text.

It's the simple things, Palm. It's not just one thing. It's many little touches that make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    yea and if you want to feel what no multitasking feels like go ahead and use them too i don't mind a little lag with all the things i can do on this phone at one time
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast