Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I think you've hit the nail on the head.

My PrPrPr&#$275$; $certainly$ $does$ $seem$ $to$ $be$ $faster$, $but$ $I$ $also$ $believe$ $that$ $part$ $of$ $it$ $is$ $an$ $illusion$, $and$ $a$ $clever$ $one$ $at$ $that$. $I$ $doubt$ $very$ $seriously$ $that$ $most$ $apps$ $are$ $really$ $launching$ $that$ $much$ $faster$, $but$ $the$ &$quot$;$loading$ $cards$&$quot$; $make$ $it$ $look$ $much$ $more$ $smooth$.
    I agree.. and I'm not really sure my Pre is any faster, seems the same to me in exception of the clever cards!
    I just updated my Pre+ and sat it right next to my wife's not yet updated Pre+ for some speed comparisons.

Summary :some faster, some virtually the same.

Web - a hair faster. The only common bookmark we have is FB, but mine finished loading first.
    Google Maps - basically the same.
    Phone - My 1.4 was actually slower to load (by a whole .5 second)
    Calendar - Faster
    Pandora (1.0.1) - Faster by a few seconds
    Photos - slower by a bit.

I have Epocrates and it is amazingly faster to load.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCrzy View Post
    I agree.. and I'm not really sure my Pre is any faster, seems the same to me in exception of the clever cards!
    It technically should be faster load wise.

With 1.3.5, if you load an app, and immediately minimize it into card view, it loads quite alot faster, same thing is hapenning here, but automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Hmmm im thinking Package Manager Service/Preware was causing the issue.

Uninstalled both, and the lock screen has reverted to fade (even tested leaving an app on and letting the screen go off by itself)
    Spot on! I just uninstalled both and it's fixed it for me as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Well i had the blackberry storm when it launched... and guess what. It was the laggiest/crash prone phone RIM has ever put out.. if you don't believe me Ask Kevin(head guy) at crackberry. He will not deny it. It took up to 10 seconds just for the phone to respond to the screens "answer" call button. Also the phone had trouble knowing what side was up.. so you had to shake it like an 8 ball. When you went to answer a call... the phone app would rotate to a side view and suddeny the answer button is now a hang up button!! LoL alot of BB people were hanging up on people because of this..
    Perhaps you should have bought a real Blackberry.
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather use a restricted, unitasking piece of crap (iPhone) or an out-dated, unitasking piece of crap (BlackBerry) because I'm just so f***ing important I can't waste an extra second of my life waiting on an app to load.
    Blackberries have had multi-tasking for at least a decade now.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I tried many applications tonight after 1.4 install. The overall speed/responsiveness has improved significantly. I am not sure if Palm enabled 600Mhz speed with 1.4. Nonetheless, there is phenomenal improvement in performance. Web pages are loaded much faster now.

So far so good....
    yes i agree overall everything has improved.
    feels faster and i get about another hour or 2 of battery life out of a full charge during the day
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicGeek View Post
    I just updated my Pre+ and sat it right next to my wife's not yet updated Pre+ for some speed comparisons.

Summary :some faster, some virtually the same.

Web - a hair faster. The only common bookmark we have is FB, but mine finished loading first.
    Google Maps - basically the same.
    Phone - My 1.4 was actually slower to load (by a whole .5 second)
    Calendar - Faster
    Pandora (1.0.1) - Faster by a few seconds
    Photos - slower by a bit.

I have Epocrates and it is amazingly faster to load.
    after you open the phone the first time, it stays open. the second time you hit phone app, it comes right up no splash screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Preware is the problem. I had all the problems you have right after opening Preware. I removed it and the Package Manager Service and now my Pre is BLAZING! I'm blown away by the difference. Good luck!
    ya preware is definitly causing some problems. all the problems came when i was using preware. i just tried it again and it told me my memory was critical. it wont let me swipe the card away either.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    ya preware is definitly causing some problems. all the problems came when i was using preware. i just tried it again and it told me my memory was critical. it wont let me swipe the card away either.
    Same here. I did a reset by holding the power button and flipping the ringer switch three times, which worked, then removed Preware and the Package Manager Service with Quick Install.
    +1
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345