Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    The phone is a little bit more responsive, nothing amazing. Still way more laggy than it should be. If you don't think so go use a blackberry or iphone 3gs for a couple days and then come back to webos 1.4 and u'll see.
    Hahahahahaha! I haven't even used it yet and still won't make a comment like that. I suggest you take your **** over to the iPhone then. Hahaha. I guess there will always be naggy complainin' lil' B I T C H E S.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicX View Post
    Hahahahahaha! I haven't even used it yet and still won't make a comment like that. I suggest you take your **** over to the iPhone then. Hahaha. I guess there will always be naggy complainin' lil' B I T C H E S.
    UPDATE:
    I just used it, and I IS CRAZY FASTER THAN WHAT IT WAS. PUHLEEEZ! I LOVE THIS PHONE.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Is it me, or are there new transitions when going from page to page, or performing the swipe gesture? It has a very fluid transparent animation to it. IT doesn't look clunky...if I"m wrong, then I just fell victim to the placebo(sp).
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    watch what you are saying. ill give yall a week. i never had a problem with how fast or slow my pre was. i really dont see anything different in speed. the phone is good. i jus wanted to say the last up date everybody was saying the same thing. its faster no lag then a week later they was complaining. jus give it time before you think to phone is better.
    It still takes the same amount of time when launching something.
    VeeDubb is right.
    Don't you guys realize that the new animation was put there to make you forget that you're waiting?

Illusions and placebos.
    My pixi is defiantely faster. Everything works faster....even my call list scrolls fluidly without any quick pauses (love the new call log layout!)
    The phone does *not* seem more responsive to me. In fact, it seems more sluggish.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    1.4 is crazy fast! huge improvement, very noticeable!
    My phone is slower, especially noticeable in the browser.
    try opening epocrates and lexi comp. The are on crack now, blazing fast!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I thought I was crazy or just excited but is does run faster then before the update. Thanks palm!!
    Quote Originally Posted by coyoteface View Post
    try opening epocrates and lexi comp. The are on crack now, blazing fast!
    Epocrates does load the database much faster now. You barely get the "Opening Database" message after the splash screen now.
    The 'illusion' may have something to do with it, but I can tell a night and day differece by launching the phone app, which has no loading icon. It goes right to it.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    before if i changed the volume while playing need for speed, it had a huge delay. Now, it is instant. well done palm.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I've noticed with scrolling there has been an improvement, and going back is also a lot quicker. I'm happy with it but I wouldn't say it's an amazing improvement but give it a few more updates and it'll be good.
    love it. Seems much more responsive. Just made a great phone awesome
    Universal search in the phone app feels much snappier to me post 1.4 update. Before there way always a slight to longer lag when pulling up results. This is definately an improvement!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    The phone is a little bit more responsive, nothing amazing. Still way more laggy than it should be. If you don't think so go use a blackberry or iphone 3gs for a couple days and then come back to webos 1.4 and u'll see.
    Well i had the blackberry storm when it launched... and guess what. It was the laggiest/crash prone phone RIM has ever put out.. if you don't believe me Ask Kevin(head guy) at crackberry. He will not deny it. It took up to 10 seconds just for the phone to respond to the screens "answer" call button. Also the phone had trouble knowing what side was up.. so you had to shake it like an 8 ball. When you went to answer a call... the phone app would rotate to a side view and suddeny the answer button is now a hang up button!! LoL alot of BB people were hanging up on people because of this..

Also crashed on me during my first and last 911 call on that phone.. because as it was going into some sort of "911" special mode... poof 4-5 minute BB reboot. horrible feeling when a lady is holding a bleeding child screaming. Lets not mention the build quality with constant dust under the screen. and the large gap around the wiggly screen that collects major amounts of dust.

So lets compare apples to apples..
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    It still takes the same amount of time when launching something.
    VeeDubb is right.
    Don't you guys realize that the new animation was put there to make you forget that you're waiting?

Illusions and placebos.
    +1

Gold plating a turd still makes it a turd just a better looking one
    Yeah, I'd rather use a restricted, unitasking piece of crap (iPhone) or an out-dated, unitasking piece of crap (BlackBerry) because I'm just so f***ing important I can't waste an extra second of my life waiting on an app to load.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast