1.    #1  
    By the time I finished updating to 1.4 with 33% remaining on the battery. i started to open up the video recorder (I didn't actually use) and a text and the next thing i know, the battery drops to 0. Is this a new glitch? I've never had battery issues before.
    could have just been thinking too hard. Let it rest haha. Nap time for pre
    I have had the battery drop to 0% from 70% once. I freaked a bit, then 2 seconds later it went back up. I would give the phone a reboot. Installing updates does intense things to the phone. All in all, 1.4 seems much smoother to me, which makes me hope it will be more battery efficient.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by preinprogress View Post
    By the time I finished updating to 1.4 with 33% remaining on the battery. i started to open up the video recorder (I didn't actually use) and a text and the next thing i know, the battery drops to 0. Is this a new glitch? I've never had battery issues before.
    If your not on a charger when your updating, it will eat through your battery. Let it go back, recharge and see how your battery is. It is too early to be stating about battery life.
    Once a Li-Ion battery gets below about 40%, it's a crapshoot. It is not uncommon at all for one to drop from 40% to 20% in a matter of minutes. This is just one reason to keep your Li-Ion's above 40% (the other is that dipping below 40% on a regular basis greatly reduces both battery life and longevity of the battery itself).
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    no, battery power is worse with 1.4. I started at 100% and it's bleeding power. I'm down to 78% in 48 min of use! That's ridiculous!
    Overnight, after update, with wifi on battery dropped 23%
    just a heads up. After every update so farm people have experienced various levels of battery performance, both improvement and decrease. Usually after a few days to a week, things start to normalize.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    We must go through a drain and charge cycle a couple times before we get concerned about batteries. Huge drains happens every time theres a new update.
    Thanks, I did not know that.
    You have had 1.4 for less then 12hrs. Give it a week and then decide if things are better or not. Plus the update takes considerable power to complete.

Common sense stuff, yes?

Sprint|Samsung Epic
    New Wifi sleep option should help with battery life.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Same battery drain so far for me. It's too bad the Pre can't be powered by excuses because it seems like that's all we've got until the next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by edtim48 View Post
    We must go through a drain and charge cycle a couple times before we get concerned about batteries. Huge drains happens every time theres a new update.
    lol. That makes no sense with a used battery. But, ok. I have 3 guuys at work that bought pre's because of mine,,, 2 are taking them back over the battery sucking so bad.