Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    NFS (free), Monopoly (free) and the Sims 3 (free)

All in the 1.4 updated UK app cat.. .for FREE

how good is that !

:-)

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    NFS (free), Monopoly (free) and the Sims 3 (free)

All in the 1.4 updated UK app cat.. .for FREE

how good is that !

:-)

Steve
    Its good for you UK people but I'm calling palm tomorrow or EA and demanding a refund...

-Toaster
    this must be a mistake, or its a demo.........right?
    in any case im downloading just incase its an error on EA's part
    Full working versions. Downloaded and installed all 3 of them
    It is not a mistake. There is a link on the Palm website, so you can sent yourself an sms with the url to download. Although they do appear on the App catalogue.
    Vas
    could you please link them all here? the sms..

i would love monopoly!
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    This is good for us but bad for everyone who has paid for these games
    I wouldn't be too sure these stay for free.
    I can imagine they will suddenly not work anymore once the EU app catalog comes out of beta and you'll be asked to pay to use any further.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    this must be a mistake, or its a demo.........right?
    in any case im downloading just incase its an error on EA's part
    i thought the same and then installed them waiting for it to say demo, so fat ive had a few races created a few sims and paid for a few propertys, my pre is more enjoyable now thank you palm and hank you o2, they must be making it up to us, but yer you guys should ask for refunds lol
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

i would love monopoly!
    Don't you get them on your app catalogue?
    I deleted the sms and only did it for NFS but let me find you the url on the palm website...

i would love monopoly!
    Need for Speed here:
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

You can set your country and pass your phonenumber and you get an sms with the link...
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 02/27/2010 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Added more info
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure these stay for free.
    I can imagine they will suddenly not work anymore once the EU app catalog comes out of beta and you'll be asked to pay to use any further.
    Well enjoy while you can and if they request for money later you can decide if they are worth it or not...
    well tried it on our USA Sprint...clicked the link and app catalog shows "this application is not available in your country"
    hey i live in europe (spain) and my app store still is in beta and i cant see any need for speed game
    Quote Originally Posted by garryb View Post
    hey i live in europe (spain) and my app store still is in beta and i cant see any need for speed game
    App catalogue in UK is also Beta. Load the catalogue and go to most recent. The links are at the top.
    well tried it on our USA Sprint...clicked the link and app catalog shows "this application is not available in your country"
    Aha wait...I just noticed you are in LA. The games are free outside US. I cannot send you the ipk file but I will see if any I can get any other info you can use
    Pete from Germany made a post about getting free apps that are not available in your country. There link is here http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...r-country.html

If you follow his instructions it should work cause I just installed Asphalt5 demo on my Pre. However NFSU, Monopoly and Sims are not in the Preware feeds yet. I expect that they will be later on today or over the weekend since it gets updates all the time. Then follow Pete's instructions and you should have the ipk. Then use WebOSQuickInstall to install them

I am not sure why the apps are free outside US but still show as paid apps in US. Maybe it is a mistake or maybe they become paid apps later. Or Palm is being sweet with users outside US. I am not responsible if paid apps in different territories are free and people have access to the ipk without paying. I used it to try the Asphalt demo since the European catalogue is not out of beta yet.

I hope this helps
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Pete from Germany made a post about getting free apps that are not available in your country. There link is here http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...r-country.html

If you follow his instructions it should work cause I just installed Asphalt5 demo on my Pre. However NFSU, Monopoly and Sims are not in the Preware feeds yet. I expect that they will be later on today or over the weekend since it gets updates all the time. Then follow Pete's instructions and you should have the ipk. Then use WebOSQuickInstall to install them

I am not sure why the apps are free outside US but still show as paid apps in US. Maybe it is a mistake or maybe they become paid apps later. Or Palm is being sweet with users outside US. I am not responsible if paid apps in different territories are free and people have access to the ipk without paying. I used it to try the Asphalt demo since the European catalogue is not out of beta yet.

I hope this helps
    Vas
    Can you assist me in getting the ipks?
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    Can you assist me in getting the ipks?
    You'll have to wait before it hits the preware feed, and after that just download the ipkg at the url from the feed and install it using quick install or ipkg.
    Quote Originally Posted by lexb View Post
    You'll have to wait before it hits the preware feed, and after that just download the ipkg at the url from the feed and install it using quick install or ipkg.
    Ok thanks.. Guess ill goto bed for now..LOL
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast