Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They are not demo's but full apps, not time limited therefore they won't request money at a later stage as they are fully installed. Not too say that updates or revisions won't be chargeable!

I reckon it's just a thank you for always being 2nd best
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinL01 View Post
    They are not demo's but full apps, not time limited therefore they won't request money at a later stage as they are fully installed. Not too say that updates or revisions won't be chargeable!

I reckon it's just a thank you for always being 2nd best
    Yeah thats what I meant...if a new version is out, they may request to buy it. On the other hand they already had a few fixes. I cannot see what else is there to fix. Would be nice to see if Gameloft offered a similar deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    Ok thanks.. Guess ill goto bed for now..LOL
    The feed usually updates daily...
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    NFS (free), Monopoly (free) and the Sims 3 (free)

All in the 1.4 updated UK app cat.. .for FREE

how good is that !

:-)

Steve
    Also visible to 1.3.5.2...I STILL don't have the WebOS update...
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Well enjoy while you can and if they request for money later you can decide if they are worth it or not...
    True, and I think it's great EA is offering them at all right now!
    I was just imagining these forums in a couple of weeks time when everybody suddenly has to pay after all. I should be thinking a bit more positive just after a 1.4 release! :-)
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    If they stay free forever I will want my money back for sure.. I contacts palm and they told me its not refundable and I asked if they were going to make other 3D apps free here in the USA and he said no they were not and that only Europe would be getting them for free. Which doesn't seem fair to me but I guess since you guys have been without them for so long its to make up for that.

-Toaster
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    If they stay free forever I will want my money back for sure.. I contacts palm and they told me its not refundable and I asked if they were going to make other 3D apps free here in the USA and he said no they were not and that only Europe would be getting them for free. Which doesn't seem fair to me but I guess since you guys have been without them for so long its to make up for that.

-Toaster
    You paid for an application, you got an application. You have not been wronged. You will not get a refund. We have to pay a gazillion times the amount as you for fuel - is that fair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    You paid for an application, you got an application. You have not been wronged. You will not get a refund. We have to pay a gazillion times the amount as you for fuel - is that fair?
    My thoughts exactly. If you pay for an item, you must surely be happy with that transaction. It's like an auction, isn't it? You would only pay what you are happy to part with. For those that have paid, I do sympathise with those grumpy few* amongst our friends in the US but that's life.

Tell me Toaster, where can I get navigation software for my Pre? I can assure you I would use it much more often than these games. Oh, hang on. I can't get one at all!! Whether I pay or not!

* "Grumpy few" as I am sure the vast majority are happy for us Europeans! (Or at least, they don't care either way)
    Last edited by Ben_K; 02/27/2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Annexed point for clarity
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I updated to 1.4 (o2 uk pre) and they appeared in the app cat.. under recent. :-)

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaemon View Post
    Exactly my point too! This is a gift from Palm/EA, who knows because we in Europe still have to wait for paid apps! And it's free until we actually can buy apps.. why in the world do you feel ripped off? You paid for an app, you got it, and you were satisfied until now, right? At least you were allowed to buy it! And we in Europe will have to, too, once we can pay for apps.
    This is a probably a combination of 2 things:

1. a way of people experiencing the 3d capabilities of the phone before the app store is released properly, encouraging an eventual app store boom

2. a gesture of good will from Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post

-Toaster
    Oh my God I saw in the the super market screaming at your mother for an ice cream. That was you right?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I saw all these games in the app catalog earlier, now they're gone. Did they remove them?
    they are all still there......
    just check under recent or search for them
    They don't show up in my appstore
    I'm on an unlocked German Pre in Austria (right across the border ))
    No idea what causes that...
    Makes no sense... y is the game free outside the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    Makes no sense... y is the game free outside the US?
    Makes perfect sense, it's free UNTIL we can actually buy apps. Think about it guys, its not that hard to understand. I have like little over 200 apps in my catalog, now look at your number....... get it?
    The "Free games" situations is a bit weird here in Czech republic. I've got the QWERTY O2 Pre w/ RSC and can install these apps from my Beta Catalog. A friend of mine in the same country with unlocked QWERTZ O2 Pre can't -- "Application not available in your country".

I'd really like to know HOW is the app availability calculated when these situations occur.
    What makes no sense to me is that I'm in Europe and the App catalog has not been updated. (For. ex. no categories).
    Also the games dont show up in the App Catalog and when I try to open the direct link it sais "this app is not available in your country"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12