Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I just switched over to Verizon. Does anyone with Verizon have it yet?
    nope not yet...sucks to be on verizon =(
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    no.

I contacted Palm via the 24/7 web chat and asked what's up with the 1.4 update for Verizon. first the guy told me there was no update. then I pointed him to the Sprint page on the Palm site. He told me to ignore the information. I asked him if it was incorrect. There was a long pause then he said the info was accurate. so I asked him about the update once again for Verizon and he said it should be out later today.

Honestly, I dont think the guy had a clue what he was talking about.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    @Mr Hyde I have contacted them also (I am on Bell) .. I think those dudes only know how to "teach" you to put a number in the contacts and ***** like that! Palm has the worst support ever seen by me!
    Here is my chat with a dude and his supervisor if you're interested http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ll-canada.html
    I was a former Storm owner and Verizon always took longer than other service providers to release OS updates. Sometimes days, sometimes weeks.
    I'm sure you guys will get it in the next few hours
    Verizon customers. If you ever call tech support or customer service ask them if they are in Boise Idaho. If they are, its a call center called WDS not really Verizon and I can tell you they dont know ****!

They get no training and make info up as they go. Its a complete joke. (I should know I was a manager that help them get up and running. I left because the idiocy and poor customer service was too much!)

Just hang up and get a real Verizon call center.

Sorry. Kind of off topic but it should help you guys in the future.

"Just ignore the Verizon information" Yep thats something WDS would tell you.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    sunday, verizon users will get 1.4 for sure
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    @Mr Hyde I have contacted them also (I am on Bell) .. I think those dudes only know how to "teach" you to put a number in the contacts and ***** like that! Palm has the worst support ever seen by me!
    Here is my chat with a dude and his supervisor if you're interested http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ll-canada.html
    I just read through your chat session. Pretty funny stuff. The reps are clueless. Probably not their fault either but clueless never-the-less.
    I have VZW, got my update earlier today around 12.30 hawaii time,
    No update here as of 2:55a (central time). Maybe, thats a good thing? Maybe, Verizon finally figured out, that we can't send MMS over Wifi? huh?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Sadly it makes Palm look bad when they can't supply an update to everyone at once, it does not matter who the carrier is.

Makes Palm look like a second rate company.
    Quote Originally Posted by john3976 View Post
    Sadly it makes Palm look bad when they can't supply an update to everyone at once, it does not matter who the carrier is.

Makes Palm look like a second rate company.
    You are ridiculous. They launched 1.4 today on carriers all throughout the world. It's not Palm's decision ultimately when a carrier decides to pull the trigger. I'm sure Verizon users will get the update very, very soon.
    When you find the Verizon doctors, please update Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    You are ridiculous. They launched 1.4 today on carriers all throughout the world. It's not Palm's decision ultimately when a carrier decides to pull the trigger. I'm sure Verizon users will get the update very, very soon.
    So you think Palm comes out smelling like a rose when they cannot roll out their updates to take effect at the same time?

Me thinks it is you who is ridiculous.

I have lost confidence in Palm.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    So you think Palm comes out smelling like a rose when they cannot roll out their updates to take effect at the same time?

you sound pretty ignorant implying palm controls when carriers decide to deploy and implement updates.

after palm sends the update to carriers, it's out of their hands.

can't really blame Palm for what us Verizon doing. It's all up to the carrier testing on when they could release the update.
    now we know the hold up was punk *** verizon they suck they might make you chumps pay for 1.4 just like they make you pay for everything you gotta be Jay-Z or Diddy to have verizon
    I had a blackberry tour before and averyone had updated to OS 5....except verizon. It has been weeks and sprint has had several updates, but verizon isnt releasing an updated yet. Verizon is pathetic. So once again, it seems an update for a phone is released for almost everyone, and verizon is holding out. If this is anything like my old blackberry, dont hold your breath
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    We probley won't get Flash beta until Verizon and Bell get 1.4.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast