Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    There are hardware variations between the GSM, Sprint, and Verizon Pre. I am sure it boils down to additional testing. Remember Verizon is probably the smallest WebOS group right now. That makes us lowest priority. I'm annoyed, but life goes on. Should apps be released that require 1.4 and we still don't have it, then we should get really upset. Save you energy. If Big Red pulls a stunt like that, it could get ugly.

e_t
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I'm bumping this back up to the top since the latest rumor is that Big Red will send out the update after midnight tonight. Lets all hope for the best
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    I'm bumping this back up to the top since the latest rumor is that Big Red will send out the update after midnight tonight. Lets all hope for the best
    OH NO! You mean I might have to wait another several hours for the update?!?! I already waited 6+ months to buy the phone!

(J/k I greatly anticipate the update, but I am not freaking out about it, if VZW updates today or tomorrow it's no big deal)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to get past the "Checking for updates..." for a few hours now. Hopefully it will come soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post
    Wow great trolling effort though.
    Me a troll??? really???

Sorry for making what I thought was a rational argument
    still no update for verion here in michigan and its almost 7pm. why cant i get my update fix? i just keep listening to everyone with there new update and playing with it and here i sit with nothing. im so depressed.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I got my pre + a week ago, an all this action is making me all warm and fuzzy inside!!!! but seriously the new hasnt even worn off my phone yet and u guys got me wigging about 1.4!
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Me a troll??? really???

Sorry for making what I thought was a rational argument
    Trolling in this topic...absolutely!

But I already forgot what you wrote. You are of little importance in my life.

Have a good night!
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dunlap113 View Post
    I got my pre + a week ago, an all this action is making me all warm and fuzzy inside!!!! but seriously the new hasnt even worn off my phone yet and u guys got me wigging about 1.4!
    Thats great but please dont speak for all. I bought the phone with the word of verizon that I could record and when it didnt I came here to find out I would have it soon.....or later..........
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Been waiting since last night for the 1.4 update, and still nothing... BIG RED is kind of disappointing me right now.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    after midnight on the east coast in sc and still no update still ok I love my pre plus
  12. dirtaymcgirt
    12 30 am in the beantown baby. waitin for this damn thing. might as well visit youp o r n while i wait
    The update was released after 1:30 am Eastern time last night, so we're still just a little over an hour away from matching that.
  14. dirtaymcgirt
    are our palm pres better then sprints?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I don't mind waiting for it. I'm not gonna be able to use the phone much if at all once it starts installing, and I enjoy using it, so I don't care when it arrives. But, that doesn't mean I'm not excited for it.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ya know. I'm sittin here thinking. I stayed up all last night to see the 1.4 update hit for Sprint (congrats to you guys). I also stayed glued here when the 1.4 update was hitting the GSM phone people. I was kinda gettin a bit irratated that I was being left out because I was a Verizon subscriber but then I started thinking...

I purchased my phone at Verizon launch. I have been exploring it ever since. This damn thing is so cool I keep finding new stuff that makes me like it even more. Will the 1.4 update make it even better? probably, but i havent even barely scratched the surface yet. Today, my wife and step daughter both scored a Pre+ from the local Verizon store with the buy one get one promo. I gave them a brief demo of what they could do in their phone. they were amazed and then I remember that not long ago I was amazed too so..
    I'm sitting here in anticipation of the 1.4 update but still very content that I have the coolest phone that I have ever owned in the palm of my hand.
    Last edited by Mr Hyde; 02/27/2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: typos
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    It's always Pacific guys.. relax.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm1 View Post
    Listen to yourselves. It wasn't too long ago that Palm released the Plus series on Verizon, and Sprint users everywhere were complaining that Verizon users were getting special treatment. Even last night before the 1.4 release there were Sprint concerns that Verizon would download first. Now suddenly it's the Verizon users complaining of life being unfair.

Sprint users were first in line with this device, let them finish downloading. I've got the plus, which I think is a better device, so I'll wait another day for my 1.4.

And I agree it's probably Verizon that's holding things up, not Palm.
    what about us poor bell users? shouldn't we get second?
    oh ye of little faith...
    it's coming about time it!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast