Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    people stop worrying. I'm confident you guys will get it later today (a.k.a, tomorrow morning).

I think it's
    1. VZ's own process
    2. Palm's server load. My sprint downloading is crawling right now.
    This is totally lame. If Palm releases the update why dont we have it yet?
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Just my thoughts, but this isn't a Driod or a BB. This is Palm, they will get the update out to all of you. And btw, our's broke MHS, so it almost isn't even worth it. At least when you get your's, MHS will still work! I personally think it is slower on mine, but others do say different.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Some of u guys that are mad about not getting the update yet have no idea what your talking about. Android does the exact same thing they roll out the update and some people don't even get it until a FULL WEEK after it initially comes out. Now stop *****ing its just a phreaking update.
    Reading the download instructions and screen shots on this page:

Over the Air (OTA) System Update: PalmŪ Pre™ Plus

seems to imply that once 1.4 is available on verizon even after a manual update check and selecting the download it may ONLY download while phone is idle over the next 48 hours. I think we are looking at another two days before we can install.
    I did not say crap about droid I just wish we could flash it. That would make it so much easier than waiting.

What I dont get is why dont we have it yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Some of u guys that are mad about not getting the update yet have no idea what your talking about. Android does the exact same thing they roll out the update and some people don't even get it until a FULL WEEK after it initially comes out. Now stop *****ing its just a phreaking update.
    Wow great trolling effort though.
    ^LOL! Does the fact that Sprint is a cheaper service equate to a trashier customer base? Like T-Hobo?
    Quote Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
    I had a blackberry tour before and averyone had updated to OS 5....except verizon. It has been weeks and sprint has had several updates, but verizon isnt releasing an updated yet. Verizon is pathetic. So once again, it seems an update for a phone is released for almost everyone, and verizon is holding out. If this is anything like my old blackberry, dont hold your breath
    At least with a Blackberry on Verizon you could install a 'leaked' OS.... not so much with Palm. The waiting is getting old.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    What? This isnt a Droid or BB? OMG i am taking it back i didnt even realize that till you just told me. I am hitting the thanks button for your massive insight my friend. Next your gonna tell me there is no Santa Clause or Easter Bunny. This is a sad day indeed
    Ya know what? **** both of you ********! I wasn't being ugly, just because your **** *** service hasn't released the update, doesn't mean you need to be dicks! And honestly, the lesser character customer base seems to be showing it selves in stupid posts like you two just added!
    - Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post
    ^LOL! Does the fact that Sprint is a cheaper service equate to a trashier customer base? Like T-Hobo?
    No it equates to a smarter customer who pays less for the same service.
    - Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Ya know what? **** both of you ********! I wasn't being ugly, just because your **** *** service hasn't released the update, doesn't mean you need to be dicks! And honestly, the lesser character customer base seems to be showing it selves in stupid posts like you two just added!
    hehehehehe. Sprint user.

Dude chill out. I heard T-hobo is have a sale though. Better go check it out.
    No it equates to a smarter customer who pays less for the same service.
    Even Better! "same" service...hardly. I was a sprint user while I was a poor college student rockin' the Treo. Definitely a service worth every single penny you pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post
    hehehehehe. Sprint user.

Dude chill out. I heard T-hobo is have a sale though. Better go check it out.
    "is have a sale though", hmmmm!
    - Jeff
    "is have a sale though", hmmmm!
    Wow that's all you can come up with is a lame typo?
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    So you mean there is a Santa Clause? I am gonna ask him for 1.4 then woohoo. Thanks Jeff OH yeah and lighten up buddy. Lesser character customer base and your cursing and calling people dicks lol. Pot meet kettle lol.
    LOL! Good point ratchet.
    Arguing on the internetz is fun
    Listen to yourselves. It wasn't too long ago that Palm released the Plus series on Verizon, and Sprint users everywhere were complaining that Verizon users were getting special treatment. Even last night before the 1.4 release there were Sprint concerns that Verizon would download first. Now suddenly it's the Verizon users complaining of life being unfair.

Sprint users were first in line with this device, let them finish downloading. I've got the plus, which I think is a better device, so I'll wait another day for my 1.4.

And I agree it's probably Verizon that's holding things up, not Palm.
    PalmIII>PalmIIIc>PalmV>Sony CLIE>TungstenC>TungstenT2>Treo650>Treo755p>PrePlus
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm1 View Post
    Listen to yourselves. .......
    Sprint users were first in line with this device, let them finish downloading. I've got the plus, which I think is a better device, so I'll wait another two weeks for my 1.4.

And I agree it's probably Verizon that's holding things up, not Palm.
    Fixed lol j/k
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight77 View Post
    Fixed lol j/k
    LOL! Considering how long I've had to wait for the Pre on verizon (No Sprint coverage where I need it) even two weeks seems short!
    PalmIII>PalmIIIc>PalmV>Sony CLIE>TungstenC>TungstenT2>Treo650>Treo755p>PrePlus
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast