Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. ashykat's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hey everyone,

    I used to use my iPhone in my car with a cassette adapter to play music through the stereo. This was great because it also doubled up as a speakerphone. I have one of those generic air vent device mounts, so I could just press the answer button and use my phone as an in car speakerphone. I tried to do the same with my Pre yesterday and no one could hear me, even when I put the device up to my mouth. Does the pre not recognize the difference between audio only and audio/mic accessories plugged into the 3.5 jack?
  2. #2  
    Not sure if it's the same issue I ran into last month, but after updating to 1.3.5.1, I ran into a few issues. One had been using the cassette adapter - worked well before updating, but shortly afterwards it no longer worked. At the same time, neither of two Bluetooth headsets would work. Also had issues getting all Google contacts to sync properly - a big mess. Had to have Sprint re-flash, and eventually needed to get it replaced. My refurbished one is working fine with the cassette adapter and Bluetooth, but began noticing Google contacts syncing issues again: only get 1103 when I should have over 1400 - still researching the tips and tricks others have offered, but hadn't found the fix yet. Good luck.
  3. #3  
    I think they killed the audio/mic compatibility with non-authorized devices such as cassette tape. I have attached a mic adapter to mine and it works like a charm. Cost me $20 but it was worth it.
  4. #4  
    With 1.3.5.1 they broke the mic part. You can use it to listen to the sound but you can't use it as a speaker phone with doing some tricks.

    There is a message thread on this topic, that will explain what to do.

    But hopefully it will get fixed on 1.4.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gleetch View Post
    Not sure if it's the same issue I ran into last month, but after updating to 1.3.5.1, I ran into a few issues. One had been using the cassette adapter - worked well before updating, but shortly afterwards it no longer worked. At the same time, neither of two Bluetooth headsets would work. Also had issues getting all Google contacts to sync properly - a big mess. Had to have Sprint re-flash, and eventually needed to get it replaced. My refurbished one is working fine with the cassette adapter and Bluetooth, but began noticing Google contacts syncing issues again: only get 1103 when I should have over 1400 - still researching the tips and tricks others have offered, but hadn't found the fix yet. Good luck.
    Update on my earlier reply after installing 1.4: all of my Google contacts are now on my Pre! I didn't see this fix in the release notes, but not arguing with success!
  6. ashykat's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gleetch View Post
    Update on my earlier reply after installing 1.4: all of my Google contacts are now on my Pre! I didn't see this fix in the release notes, but not arguing with success!
    Then I'm off to my car to check if my cassette adapter works the way I'd like it too.
  7. #7  
    i've been using a generic dynex adapter for my car/pre. works great. i can take calls and switch back over to music no problem. Only thing that does happen every now and then, is when i call someone, the mic won't work, but if they call me it works fine. That doesn't happen too often tho... maybe im just lucky!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    Then I'm off to my car to check if my cassette adapter works the way I'd like it too.
    well?

    what were the results?
  9. #9  
    Did anyone test if the upgrade to 1.4 fixed the microphone problem with hooking up the Pre to the car audio via cassette tape gadget?

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  10. #10  
    What's a cassette? Did they use have them in stage coaches?
  11. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    What's a cassette? Did they use have them in stage coaches?
    Isn't that one of those things granpa use to use before they came out with CD's??? LOL
  12. #12  
    I use my ipod cable, head phone jack on each end, works fine on 1351, not sure aboit 14, though
  13. #13  
    Mine has always worked, never hada problem. Just used it 2 days ago on 1.3.5.1 in fact.
  14. #14  
    1.4 is also not permitting this use. One of the main uses for my phone on the dash of my taxi. I often confirmed hotel reservations for my passengers and many such applications. I guess this will stop them asking me "what is that cool phone?". Seriously hinders my productivity. PATCH PLEASE
  15. ashykat's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
       #15  
    Unfortunately it did not work.
  16. #16  
    no.. but a ton of taxi cabs prefer them over the ******** fm transmitter technology. so therefor they are in demand for vehicles w/o aux inputs/ blueteeth. some of us (read: most of us) just make do.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaje View Post
    no.. but a ton of taxi cabs prefer them over the ******** fm transmitter technology. so therefor they are in demand for vehicles w/o aux inputs/ blueteeth. some of us (read: most of us) just make do.
    omg the technology is not advanced it has been held back therefore: ret@rbed.. not politically incorrect... jeez
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    Isn't that one of those things granpa use to use before they came out with CD's??? LOL
    No, those were called 8-tracks! LOL
  19. #19  
    I used my old Treo 700p the same way. I have found that, when I try to use the speaker phone through my sound system on the Pre, it directs the sound to the phone's built-in speaker even when I have an audio cable in the Pre. I am guessing that this is a software routing design because the audio for music is passed through the audio cable when it is plugged in and redirected to the internal speaker when it is removed.
  20. mobags's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #20  
    I love the built in bluetooth in my car!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions