1.    #1  
    Downloaded "PERSONAL PROTECTION" app.... of course it dosent work... not for the $2.99 it cost but the developer should have been a clue Greater Life church and ministries.... the app offers NO support... or Instructions... its like the 3rd basket collection.......... SAVE YOUR MONEY !!!! DONT DOWNLOAD... am more surprsied that PALM dosent check these guys out....
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    What's it supposed to do?
    maybe its intended to attract suckers i mean who uses a phone to protect them youre better off buying a droid and throwing it at them if youre that desperate
    From the description, I got the impression that it was supposed to be sort of like those really loud whistles that people carry with them for safety.

Seemed like a waste even from that, honestly, since you'd still be limited by the volume of the Pre speaker.
    So when you are being attacked you should go into your menu and launch this application, an than select the tone to play? lol wouldn't it take the same amount of time to just call 911 or just scream?
    Guns of War might work better and its free! ;-)
    I normally use my glock 9 and years of self defense training for personal protection.

But, I have sprint, and with my palm PRE i got Crime Deterrent

Hmmm. Saw an app called "Fake a Call" on this website.

"FAKE A CALL is a simple but powerful and customizable Palm WebOS application used to fake a cellular phone call."

Developer is also Greater Life Church and Ministries. Is it just me, or is there something strange about an app intended to deceive being offered by a "church"? And now you tell us you think you have been deceived...
    PalmIII>PalmIIIc>PalmV>Sony CLIE>TungstenC>TungstenT2>Treo650>Treo755p>PrePlus
    Oh, and when I saw personal protection I thought it was a condom for my phone.
    Last edited by mnm1; 02/26/2010 at 10:22 PM. Reason: typo
    get a ccw and protect yourself by carrying a gun, not by downloading an app
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm1 View Post
    Oh, and when I saw personal protection I thought it was a condom for my phone.
    Maybe.. give it a try and let me know...... keep ya busy for a few minutes -).... some really great responses here....Impressive.....NOT
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    I normally use my glock 9 and years of self defense training for personal protection.

But, I have sprint, and with my palm PRE i got Crime Deterrent

I'm going to reference this ad when the Sales rep tells me my crack screen is not covered by the TEP
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    maybe its intended to attract suckers i mean who uses a phone to protect them youre better off buying a droid and throwing it at them if youre that desperate
    wow..... why bother responding... your response shows your stupidity
    You misunderstand. People who don't buy this app, 'em might wake up and find their kneecaps broken. It'd be an awful shame, 'em people not able t' walk, cuz they didn't buy this protection app like they 'ere told.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    From the description, I got the impression that it was supposed to be sort of like those really loud whistles that people carry with them for safety.

Seemed like a waste even from that, honestly, since you'd still be limited by the volume of the Pre speaker.
    That and the fact that you have to pull the phone out of your pocket or wherever you have it, unlock the phone load the app...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robflla View Post
    wow..... why bother responding... your response shows your stupidity
    Sooo, you're feeling bored waiting for 1.4 and decide to troll and insult people. Nice!

EDIT: Robflla, sorry to accuse you of trolling. when I saw you toss out the "stupid" comment I didn't look closely enough to notice you were the OP.

Sorry you got burned on the software. Noli illegitimi carborundum.
    Last edited by mnm1; 02/28/2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: reread.