Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Not real, probably just photoshop for print ad. This is pretty common. You should see how many pictures of PC's running Mac OS X show up in advertisements.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekey View Post
    Not real, probably just photoshop for print ad. This is pretty common. You should see how many pictures of PC's running Mac OS X show up in advertisements.
    I agree that many marketing departments are not the most tech-knowledgeable in the world. Case in point, the Pre's lone appearance in a Super Bowl ad this year.

But then why wouldn't they just copy the iPhone's Facebook app exactly as it appears on the iPhone and slap it on a picture of a Pixi? Why modify the app's appearance slightly, put an Palm Pre-style bar at the top, and put a Pre-style reload button at the bottom? What would be the point of doing all that work if it's just a promotional image designed to be used in a magazine ad that will be looked at for 10 seconds or less?

I'm still going with slightly better than even odds that we will be seeing a new Facebook app that looks something like what we see here.

And on that note, seeing the USA and Europe get 1.4 before Canada does is really depressing at this late hour. I'm off for the night.

EDIT: Okay, maybe some marketing artist who owns a Pre is being overzealous in his work. But I stand by my prediction. [Man, it's too late to be doing this. Never post after midnight. I'll probably turn into a gremlin/troll hybrid tomorrow. ]
    Last edited by kallan42; 02/27/2010 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Added information, which may or may not be superfluous and mainly indicates the exhaustion of the poster.
    If it is real.. maybe it'll come when Flash gets to the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    If it is true... it's really ****ty from palm!!! The app doesn't exist but they advertise it!

@kallan42 US and Eu get everything before Canada!! The paid appcat will be available in Eu in March, in Canada it will not! I'm so ****ing nervous ... I'll never buy anything from palm from now on!
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    If it is true... it's really ****ty from palm!!! The app doesn't exist but they advertise it!
    It's quicker to design a layout than implement it with code.

If this update is going to come out soon, it is better to release the new layout in ads instead putting up new ones once the update is released. It will be cheaper and better for Palm in the long run.
    hey ppl!
    have you ever heard of touch.facobook.com? i use this, and i dont feel the need of a new app...
    even though, i have to admit, it would be nice to have it!
    the touch site is annoying. back gesture brings back to bookmarks...or it doesnt. back icon brings back to bookmarks....or it doesnt.......annoying
    not to mention the crappy way which it displays albums...it's a complete fail
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Not to mention you cannot upload ****
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    I agree that many marketing departments are not the most tech-knowledgeable in the world. Case in point, the Pre's lone appearance in a Super Bowl ad this year.

But then why wouldn't they just copy the iPhone's Facebook app exactly as it appears on the iPhone and slap it on a picture of a Pixi? Why modify the app's appearance slightly, put an Palm Pre-style bar at the top, and put a Pre-style reload button at the bottom? What would be the point of doing all that work if it's just a promotional image designed to be used in a magazine ad that will be looked at for 10 seconds or less?
    To quote another user:

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    It's quicker to design a layout than implement it with code.
    I too want to see a better facebook app. But I highly doubt this is it. What's doubly frustrating to me, is that this site is now a complete rumor spreader. They went and posted this on the front page like it's a fact. This is the same reason people where getting frustrated with the Web OS release date. Palm only ever said February. The carriers themselves never release a date, and the only details ever came from random people or Sprint Techs, etc. Nothing that is a verifiable source.

And I don't think they've been right on a release date yet, correct me if I'm wrong.

It's fine to speculate, but I'm personally disappointed to see this being shoved up on the front of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    the touch site is annoying. back gesture brings back to bookmarks...or it doesnt. back icon brings back to bookmarks....or it doesnt.......annoying
    not to mention the crappy way which it displays albums...it's a complete fail
    thats true, but still a lot better compared to the facebook app
    That isn't a chat bubble, that looks like the same icon used for updating you status on the mobile Facebook site.
    I would love for this to be a preview of things to come... but I fear that this may be another case like the Sprint ad with a Hero running WebOS. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    speaking of the official facebook app, about half of the pictures I try to look at from the fb site never focus...anyone else?
    Yep - same here. Really wish I understood what's up with that.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    the regular facebook site works for me since the update. I had been having issues where text and comments would just disappear but that seems to be gone since this latest update. Can do anything (except change profile picture) I could do on a computer...on my pre. Good fix!
    better pic here 4471911.0.jpg
    Oh I can't wait! Looks real THANKS Jonathan.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    before OP posted this pic i was wondering what they are talkin about in the radio .... "and the all new facebook app with the pre plus"
    so i thinking its true.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    So the question now is..... when??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanodenjr View Post
    better pic here 4471911.0.jpg
    This picture says in pretty plain words that we're looking at a new Facebook app. Way to go, all you doubting Thomases.
    "...like the NEW Facebook app."

That pretty much sums it up. No artist at work here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast