Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    the pixi would be selling like crazy with the women. Many ladies I know will not get rid of their blackberries due to that one feature. I had a blackberry storm and I do miss that feature. I am a proud owner of the pre and I feel most men will leave their blackberries for the pre if Palm M was a feature
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    What does Blackberry Messenger do?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I brought this up mnts ago... Noone agreeded with me... Apparently the world can't handle another messenger program...
    I think it would be a great idea...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    How is this better than texting?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    What does Blackberry Messenger do?
    you can get in touch with other blackberry users
    Ummmm....yet again, assumptions being made about what constitutes a men's or women's phone. I actually have never used BBM so can't comment on that, but I am a woman who is the proud owner of a patched and homebrewed Pre, and am an Alpha Tester for overclocking. I say again...assume makes an a*s*s out of u and me.

/end rant
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferchope View Post
    you can get in touch with other blackberry users
    Using some kind of IM?
    you have a messenger program that keeps you in touch with other users.. it's called "text".
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Ummmm....yet again, assumptions being made about what constitutes a men's or women's phone. I actually have never used BBM so can't comment on that, but I am a woman who is the proud owner of a patched and homebrewed Pre, and am an Alpha Tester for overclocking. I say again...assume makes an a*s*s out of u and me.

/end rant
    Well said. Wondered how long it would take to inspire a response.
    PalmIII>PalmIIIc>PalmV>Sony CLIE>TungstenC>TungstenT2>Treo650>Treo755p>PrePlus
    RIM's messenger is part of its network and can offer some extra features like groups, delivery confirmation, and speedy performance without killing your battery, all on entry level hardware.

RIM is partly a carrier, and Palm is not. It's not just something they can tack on and after years of "network effect" adoption of BBM why would someone want to use a different proprietary messenger?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    should be doable with jabber, I would think.
  12.    #12  
    some people have limited text and if they go over they pay...BBM is a free feature
  13.    #13  
    I think having that feature is HUGE!!!!!!!! How many crackberry fans do you see at bars clubs out and about , cigarette break messaging!! I know I was one of them!!
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Yeah, that feature would be great. You'd be able to talk to the other 2 webOS users in your town for free! Certainly enough to justify yet another messaging app!
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    some people have limited text and if they go over they pay...BBM is a free feature
    After you par for BB service or full data plan that's far from free and the same is required on the pre hence unlimited text so ya BBM is a gimmick anymore...
    Last edited by helidos; 02/26/2010 at 08:14 PM.
    BBM is great until you switch phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    BBM is a free feature except you have to pay for BIS when you get a BB which is stuff that is free on every other platform...
    If palm had BlackBerry Messenger that would gain customers. If palm had palm messenger there would be no one to talk to just the people on this site lolll
    I agree, it would be more beneficial to work with RIM to allow webos devices to talk through BBM. I'm not sure the likely hood of all that, but I would love that functionality. BBM has more a sense of "right now" that texting doesn't have, and the group chats come in real handy when trying to organize folks on the fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    BBM is a free feature except you have to pay for BIS when you get a BB which is stuff that is free on every other platform...
    BIS handles push, whether email or messages, so the device doesn't have to. This helps save battery life and bandwidth, for those without data plans. This is true also for all other IM apps that come on a BlackBerry, all routed through BIS push. RIM is partly a carrier, that's what you pay for.

When their webKit browser will be out, it will also rely on BIS to do much of the processing and data compression first, again to save battery and bandwidth.

People mistakenly think BIS is redundant but it takes a lot of load off the device. This also lets RIM sell entry level hardware to teens who can't afford high end devices like the Pre/Pixi and their associated data plans.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast