Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I have patches and stuff on my phone, and some apps. Whats the best way to make it so my phone is like how I bought it from sprint brand new? I want to get rid of EVERYTHING, and have no trace that I ever had that phone. (I am giving it to my sister, since she has the Pixi and I have the Pre).
    WebOS doctor to remove the patches and a full erase should do it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2165615
    I have found this had worked wonders.
    If you use a doctor for 1.2.1 or earlier, a full erase shouldn't be necessary.

Once doctored, just make sure she signs into her Palm Profile not yours and there should be no trace of you in the phone.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post

Once doctored, just make sure she signs into her Palm Profile not yours and there should be no trace of you in the phone.
    Why would you Dr. back to 1.2.1 then have to update?

Simplest way is to do a full erase then Dr. to the current firmware. The whole process takes less than an hour!

Remember there are a couple of patches that will appear to remain no matter what unless you revert them first.
    1) delete extra launcher pages first or they will still be there w/ you log into your Palm Profile.

2) Turn off led notifications before you Dr. or they will still be there post Dr.

There may be others, but these are the ones im sure about!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    dumb question, but how exactly do you use the doctor? Is there a step by step instruction for it?
    On the link I gave,

its really straight forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Why would you Dr. back to 1.2.1 then have to update?

Simplest way is to do a full erase then Dr. to the current firmware. The whole process takes less than an hour!

Remember there are a couple of patches that will appear to remain no matter what unless you revert them first.
    1) delete extra launcher pages first or they will still be there w/ you log into your Palm Profile.

2) Turn off led notifications before you Dr. or they will still be there post Dr.

There may be others, but these are the ones im sure about!
    2slow the extra pages used to come back everytime I doctored. I tried the thread I posted by caj2008 and the extra pages and the led notifications are gonel. My Pre is clean as a .
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post

Wait, stuff gets left behind if you doctor with a current version? What and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    2slow the extra pages used to come back everytime I doctored. I tried the thread I posted by caj2008 and the extra pages and the led notifications are gonel. My Pre is clean as a .
    Ive never read that thread mostly because I have no problems w/ commandline.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Wait, stuff gets left behind if you doctor with a current version? What and why?
    The patch is gone but the changes you made are stored and replaced w/ your Palm Profile, (in the 2 instances I mentioned)

As to why: Because some things are stored in your Palm Profile so after you Dr. you are asked (forced) to log in to your Palm Profile then it replaces all apps and usb storage drive stuff.

The workaround is to either full erase before Dr. or create a new Palm Profile after Dr.

Hope this clears things up for you.
    1) add/remove pages in launcher: the patch is really just the ability to add/remove pages, If you remove the patch you will still have the extra pages unless you remove them using the patch the extra pages will still be there after a visit to the Dr.

2) enable led notifications: The patch just gives you the ability to turn them on or off, If they are enabled when you remove the patch then they will still be enabled after you remove the patch.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    I just noticed this today, even though it's an old issue. After doctoring, the Vibrate toggle app was still there. Confused me till I read this thread. Mildly worried about upgrading to 1.4 before doing an erase and another Doctor - should I be?
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I just noticed this today, even though it's an old issue. After doctoring, the Vibrate toggle app was still there. Confused me till I read this thread. Mildly worried about upgrading to 1.4 before doing an erase and another Doctor - should I be?
    Why would you Dr. before? The guys at WebOsInternals have worked very hard to make the transition seamless.

I definitely would not Dr. before the OTA.....Wait and see what happens.

Follow the link below.