1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if 1.4 will fix the Pre Plus's extremely unreliable GPS performance? I live in San Francisco and GPS is essential for finding my way around the city...it's been an epic fail thus far with my pre plus
    That sucks, I agree they need to get that worked out quick. It's a basic function that should be accurate!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I doubt it, it's not in the changelog.
    my GPS is flawless!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

i really hope so, not sure why but gps doesn't work unless wifi is on & even then it puts my location at 2 blocks away
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    That sucks, mine works great! But I use my TomTom the most!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    does anyone notice their gps works better when outside rather than in a building on their pre plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by umanben View Post
    does anyone notice their gps works better when outside rather than in a building on their pre plus?
    Yes, I've noticed this on one Pre Plus unit I once had. I've replaced that for the one I have now and GPS won't work unless I open VZ Nav first, even if I'm outside.

There's actually a fix for this - Verizon did turn off the GPS and someone posted it a while back on how to enable it. I remember there being 3 checkboxes you have to enable. Two were off.... sorry I don't have time to search the threads for you... I'm running out....
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    I tried using my Sprint Pre to get around Boston,MA....epic FAIL! Ended up asking for directions.
    I have the pre plus on Verizon and have had no trouble with the GPS...however I am on the east coast which could possibly explain the difference. I have the "allow google to collect info" turned on as well.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNole View Post
    I doubt it, it's not in the changelog.
    Changelog for the Pre+ may be slightly different since it's different hardware.

I hope they correct the GPS issue too. sometimes I have a problem and other times I dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by umanben View Post
    ...of course GPS would work better outside rather than inside a building. Line of sight...

Unbelievable question...
  13. mbp
    the only way i get it to work is to have the vzw navigator running the background with google maps and it works flawless with google services off. I'm also hoping for a fix for the gps on the new update.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    thanks for the help sf_basilix i had read that earlier as well but had not tried. as to the line of sight issue i thought the pre worked much like my blackberry storm which used cell triangulation to find gps location rather than a traditional receiver such as a gps puck or standalone unit. when i would roam on another network i would lose my gps location there as well even though i was in the middle of a desert.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I have noticed on mine that some Apps beg me as over 2 miles off when using GPS, but google maps have my exact location correctly.

The paid app "Where Im At Now" is what puts me 2 miles away, they must have a lot of people complaining because they put a disclaimer on the description that they aren't at fault for wrong locations, even if google maps is open in another card showing the correct location.