1.    #1  
    Is anyone else experiencing data issues right now? My data connection has been in and out for the last hour. It is mostly out with short periods where I have EVDO and then long periods without data at all. I have reset the phone twice now without any changes.

BTW I am in Brooklyn and obviously on Sprint. Just curious if anyone else is having an issue?
    In wisconsin and in a full reception area I get bumped into 1x occasionally, 1x issue is resolved now. Also this month I have been having ridiculously slow speeds.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I've been working remotely at home all day in Brooklyn and haven't noticed any network issues.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Me and three friends lost data on Wednesday and we no longer can get any data. Out pre's keep saying that they cannot establish a data connection(86). Sprint can't figure it out.
    OMG! YES!! I about freaked out, and called *****ing and moaning at Sprint earlier today..

I was at lunch with a client, checking email, and showing something on the website we were working on, and got this wierd, error I have never seen before. Like you have no data connection, (67) bla bla bla..

I rebooted, took battery out, etc but never got my data connection back.

Came home called Sprint, got one tech who walked me thru entering some codes and it was JUST about to reset to factory, when I caught the confirm screen and said NO I do NOT want to do that.

He passed me to another level tech, who we did the same, battery out, restart, re update network connection, and then it came back.

I was about to be really upset if my Pre data connection was shot.. but it came back.

Brooklyn! Ahhhh my old home sweet home.. what part? Im from Sheepshead Bay!!

I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

It's nice to see other Pre users going to data issues as well, I thought it was something I did to my phone.

lol don't mean I am happy that you guys are having troubles, but just that this is a mutual problem that hopefully will be resolved.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i got that error all the time. switched to vz and haven't had it yet. ymmv.
  8.    #8  
    I'm currently residing in Bed-Stuy.

Luckily I haven't needed my phone for anything today but its still annoying. I am hoping the problem resolves itself soon so I don't have to bother with Sprint CS.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    sprint haters
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    OMG! YES!! I about freaked out, and called *****ing and moaning at Sprint earlier today..

I was at lunch with a client, checking email, and showing something on the website we were working on, and got this wierd, error I have never seen before. Like you have no data connection, (67) bla bla bla..

I rebooted, took battery out, etc but never got my data connection back.

Came home called Sprint, got one tech who walked me thru entering some codes and it was JUST about to reset to factory, when I caught the confirm screen and said NO I do NOT want to do that.

He passed me to another level tech, who we did the same, battery out, restart, re update network connection, and then it came back.

I was about to be really upset if my Pre data connection was shot.. but it came back.

Brooklyn! Ahhhh my old home sweet home.. what part? Im from Sheepshead Bay!!

Thanks for the help, I did a battery pull and left it out for a few minutes and then when the phone finished resetting I updated the network and prl settings and the issue seems to be resolved for now.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by buckly024 View Post
    sprint haters
    I'm not hating on Sprint at all, I would just rather fix the problem myself than have to call and talk to a CS Rep. I love Sprint and have been quite happy with them since switching from Verizon. Just because I would rather deal with a problem myself doesn't make me a Sprint hater.
    Quote Originally Posted by BearFace712 View Post
    I'm currently residing in Bed-Stuy.

Luckily I haven't needed my phone for anything today but its still annoying. I am hoping the problem resolves itself soon so I don't have to bother with Sprint CS.
    Bed-Stuy! . My dad owned a coin laundromat there YEARSSSSSSs ago. it was probably some like 1961ish.. Ya Im freakin OLD!! I remember as a kid, helping count and roll up all the coins and put them in little wrappers every week. I was 10/11 ish

How is old Nostrand Avenue these days?
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

13.    #13  
    I think she has probably seen better days but I really can't complain, nor judge. I've only been living in NY for the last 6 months. The area is a little run down but its all good. The rent is cheap and my apartment is nice! What led you to leave Brooklyn?
    Well I left in 1979, we sorta had this idea of leaving NYC and living someplace we could afford to buy a house. For some reason, we chose Orlando, Fl.

its been mostly ok, until recently when the economy collapsed, and the housing market took a dive.

But NYC, particularly Brooklyn will ALWAYS be HOME, and where I say Im from...

Ya Bed-Stuy was not great even then, but it has always been a part of Brooklyn neighborhood culture..

I Pre