Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    like the overly C worded title says just came across some guesses as to what the C40 may look like.

New Palm webOS device according to WSJ source coming this year, C40? | PalmNewsDaily.com
    that big pixi is sick!!
    Big Pixi nice..... The one with the horizontal slider.....not so much imo.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    landscape phone wont work for webos
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    No gesture area?
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    No gesture area?
    thats what I thought at first but it looks like its just smaller (not as tall) I wonder if that would cause problems?
    I am not a big fan of the horizontal slider either. That is one thing I love love about my Pre...physical keyboard and vertical slider!
    I really, really don't want a landscape slider, and I don't think Palm will make one. One-handed operation has been a Palm smartphone trademark, as much as having no physical keyboard has been an Apple trademark. And I like Palm's approach so much better.

At the same time, I don't want a really stretched Pixi. It would be ungainly, and likely wouldn't solve the (alleged) problem of too-small screen and too-small keyboard. I'm wondering if they couldn't just make the Pre a touch larger, and perhaps even thinner, and keep the same basic form factor. A few millimeters might be just enough for the keyboard, and frankly I think the screen is big enough as is.

Worse than a landscape slider, though, would be a no-keyboard candy bar. Yuck.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I hope it doesn't look like a big Pixi. :S

I would personally like the Pre style form factor, maybe just a hair bigger and with more of the front devoted to screen.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    That what I'm talking About!
    They HAVE to move to a virtual keyboard. Look at the phones with the most success in the market..
    Palm Pro40 nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by danipoak View Post
    They HAVE to move to a virtual keyboard. Look at the phones with the most success in the market..
    like the droid and the blackberrys right?
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    I am not a big fan of the horizontal slider either. That is one thing I love love about my Pre...physical keyboard and vertical slider!
    Yeah, I would put my money on a "larger" Pre. Maybe not the same exact curvy shape ... but a little larger screen and a little more usable keyboard (but still vertical slider). Imagine a Pre with a screen that size of the iPhone and a vertical slider that was equal to a Blackberry keyboard. And, of course, a faster processor and more memory (both kinds) .
    A Pixie Pro would be nice. Open like the Pre, flat like the Pixie.
    Palm Prixi???
    I would like a slightly larger pre (love the form factor how it is now) to make the keyboard a little bit bigger and even extend the screen down into the gesture area and out more towards the sides. This would help increase the screen size.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    by the time this phone is released we will be on webos 1.5 if not 1.6. palm has plenty of time to implement landscape modes.
    that horizontal slider is tits
    +1 for a larger 4G Pre. I hope C40 isn't just a car touchstone or another accessory.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast