Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by tjaero View Post
    like the droid and the blackberrys right?
    Blackberry is no where near what it used to be. Droid had a good bit of success but it hasn't come anywhere near what the iPhone is.
  2. Evansgw
    We need four phones in the line up:
  3. Evansgw

1. The sexy form factor of the Pre, it's easily pocketable and looks great when being used.
    2. The mom/teen friendly Pixi,
    3. A horizontal slider focused on business users, with a big screen and user friendly virtual keyboard for some quick one handed use,
    4. A sexy media based touch only phone, improve the music player app, have just a virtual keyboard.

This will give palm access to all sectors, and if they make them good enough quality, they will sell.
  4. Evansgw
    a large Pixi would look nasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    good lord what an ugly beast that was
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I like the idea of a slightly larger Pre, but keeping with the vertical slider. Something along the size lines of the PPC6600:
    Granted, the PPC6600 certainly isn't attractive by today's standards, but I was really referring to the size: larger screen than the Pre by virtue of being slightly wider and longer, but still with a vertical slider. It would also have the added benefit of more room for a larger KB.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    That Pixi looks like huge. ( that's what she said). I would not want a my cell phone bigger than my house phone. Would love a larger screen on the Pre though with 1ghz . Web OS is the shizz nitt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post

1. The sexy form factor of the Pre, it's easily pocketable and looks great when being used.
    3. A horizontal slider focused on business users, with a big screen and user friendly virtual keyboard for some quick one handed use,
    4. A sexy media based touch only phone, improve the music player app, have just a virtual keyboard.

This will give palm access to all sectors, and if they make them good enough quality, they will sell.
    Have to agree. Its not the one new phone (excluding how the iphone has done it) but different phones that I think will really help webOS. Some like the keyboard, some dont. Some like bigger, some like smaller. Android and Blackberry basically have these choices. But its a good start so far, lets not forget how new palm is (with WebOS). Now onto phase 2 for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evansgw View Post

I agree with this completely. Palm should give the user choices. Each form factor has its advantages and disadvantages. If palm had the resources to do this though, I think they already would have.

My question is, if palm were to do this, would they be better off releasing all four at the same time on whatever carriers they choose, or would they be better off having them come out in a staggered release with all of them being exclusive carriers?
    Quote Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
    landscape phone wont work for webos
    This os has shown itself to be if anything, incredibly adaptable. If palm were to make a sideways slider, i'm sure they'd adapt the os to adjust for it.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    all are fugly
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    what about the hardware of the nexus one. or something like it.
    I've still got my hopes up for the c40 to be the palm post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234