Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmKing View Post
    +1 for a larger Pre. I hope C40 isn't just a car touchstone or another accessory.
    What about this...sit down...are you ready?

The C40 is a ... webOS watch. That's right! A watch you wear on your wrist!

How cool huh?

Well w/e it is going to be it will need at least a 1ghz processor and a 3.7 inch screen. A horizontal slider would be a lot better just because it feels more natural to type on. As for storage push it to 64GB and a option to add more Via SD slot. i would say take the camera up to 10MP and video recording to at least 720P.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Must have physical keyboard. If not, I'm done. And gestures have been a key design implementation, and since living with it, also a must-have for me.

Maybe increase the screen a little bit from the Pre, but not much. Like digital cameras, phones have to be small and pocketable, IMO. Keep the form factor compact.

Concentrate on speed, speed, speed. UI fluidity and smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by enzie5454 View Post
    I would like a slightly larger pre (love the form factor how it is now) to make the keyboard a little bit bigger and even extend the screen down into the gesture area and out more towards the sides. This would help increase the screen size.
    I completely agree. Focus on the maximizing the screen size to at least 3.5 and really work on the keyboard so that it is bad ***. Really wouldn't have to be that much bigger. Keep the vertical slider and add a snapdragon processor
    How fast is 1.4.0 without the 800mhz patch?
    wow, they could of done a better job at photoshop.... i'm not to crazy about the keyboard being on the side.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterules View Post
    I completely agree. Focus on the maximizing the screen size to at least 3.5 and really work on the keyboard so that it is bad ***. Really wouldn't have to be that much bigger. Keep the vertical slider and add a snapdragon processor
    This is exactly what I proposed. Here's my rendering of what the Pre Plus should have been:

And by doing that, you get a lot more vertical space:

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    that horizontal slider is tits
    Hairy man-tits.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Hairy man-tits.
    well i def don't like hairy man-tits so i agree

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    This with landscape slide = win....
    I like the screen size on the pixi mock up. I think the slider is a MUST on the next phone. It makes the device look clean. The screen on the pre plus mock up looks nice and clean also. I LOVE WEBOS!!! For me to get the next webos device, a larger screen, and a slider are a must. I REALLY like the screen on the HTC HD2. I'm also looking for hd video recording (as I'm convinced the next iphone will have) A better music player would be nice too, but not a dealbreaker. I'm looking forward to what they have in the works, and hope I like it once it's unveiled. Living without webos after using it seems difficult to do.
    Last edited by pre_task_king; 02/26/2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: .
    I want 1920x1080 in the C40
    Not sure if this has been debunked yet, but there was some talk of Palm coming out with a tablet computer. I know people like to bash it 'cause the iPad isn't as useful as a netbook (agreed), but I think Palm could easily come up with a useful version of the iPad.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Quote Originally Posted by oobernuber View Post
    Not sure if this has been debunked yet, but there was some talk of Palm coming out with a tablet computer. I know people like to bash it 'cause the iPad isn't as useful as a netbook (agreed), but I think Palm could easily come up with a useful version of the iPad.
    yes they could - but after webOS 2.0 where all stock apps are coded in native faster OS
    love the shape and size of the pre...wouldnt mind if was tiny bit wider...and larger for next evolution. gotta be flat slider this time round...but if they keep the curve...they really gotta work on sliding mechanism on bac...its so small..dats reason for oreo effect...either two of those small ones (one in middle and one near top) or one long one in middle of device...no one will actually see it except to pull/replace battery/sim card. horizontal slider wont work for one hand operation and the shape is brick-ish..pre, pixi and webos is all about fluidity and simplicity.
    I like the idea of a slightly larger Pre, but keeping with the vertical slider. Something along the size lines of the PPC6600:

Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G

This was my mockup from November of last year. Now that Palm as made a big splash with the 3D games, it would be nice to see a 960x640 display in it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post

This was my mockup from November of last year. Now that Palm as made a big splash with the 3D games, it would be nice to see a 960x640 display in it.
    I like this.. but with a dedicated number row at the top of the keyboard.
    How about this virtual keyboard: (I prefer the T9 toggle)
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I'm all for the big Pixi! Sliding is evil. Palm should have learned from the Zire 71's issue with the sliding mechanism!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast