Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

I try to launch the browser.

Im really fed up with this too many cards open error! At first i figured it was the patches (i had a bunch installed) that were the reason.. You know maybe theres a memory leak or something.. So i uninstalled all my patches and kept my Pre pretty stock and i was still getting this error! So i put back two of my patches and i figured i just have to deal with it.. But this is ridiculous, even when i have nothing running and I try to launch the browser I get this message.. thats just unacceptable! I love webOS but come on guys this isn't cool! is it just hardware limitations or is theres something i can do to clear out memory soo nothing but the essentials are running?

oh just one other complaint maybe you guys can help me with... When i have my pre plugged into the charger or my Mac 8 times out of 10 the screen will not be responsive to any touch.. they keyboard still works but i cant press anything on the screen.. really frustrating especially when i want to put the damn thing in usb mode and i cant press anything on the screen!

I Dunno, I want to stay in the Palm family (i love the look and feel of webOS) but that HTC Supersonic seems like the next move for me...
    Can I have your wall charger & USB cord???

I need an extra one for work.
    I didn't see it in your post... but have you tried running the Doctor? This usually takes care of an issue like this... what you are experiencing is my no means 'normal'.

Edit: Are you restarting your phone at all? No matter what phone or platform, all phone have to be restarted every so often to clear the memory.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/26/2010 at 05:15 PM.
    illskill - you might want to install Reboot Scheduler or another similar app to automatically reboot your phone daily (like at 5am or something). Then at least you'd be starting each day with a fresh reboot.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Whenever I get the too many cards error even without having anything open I just reset my pre. I have a app now that resets my pre everyday at 4am and I never get that error as much as I used too.

Edit: CannonFodder mentioned the app, I would look into that If I were you, I know it helped me.

Also the screen not being responsive while connected to a charger happened to me as well but it was not with the stock Palm Pre charger that came with the phone. I bought a micro-usb charger from a booth in a mall and every time I would connect it the screen would just not function properly to my finger inputs. After that I just bought an extra Pre charger online and it works fine. Never had it happen to me with the stock charger so your case me be unique.
    I agree with using the Reboot Scheduler as CannonFodder said above... use the patch to restart - I have mine restart every 4AM also.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/26/2010 at 06:52 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Restarting the phone works and i probably will download that app.. I still feel we just shouldn't have to do that... also am i wrong but does the restart just take way to long on (average 2mins)...

Im using the stock charger and cord.. think i can get a Refurb because of this? im tired of the light scratches and the silver ring fell off the back of this one.. my 3rd pre since launch back in june..
    Get a refurb if you can, I was iffy at first but it turned out to be better than my original. I love it..
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    I suspect there is a memory leak somewhere int he system. I have only gotten this a couple times and a reboot fixes it which may support the theory.
  11. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post
    Restarting the phone works and i probably will download that app.. I still feel we just shouldn't have to do that... also am i wrong but does the restart just take way to long on (average 2mins)...

Im using the stock charger and cord.. think i can get a Refurb because of this? im tired of the light scratches and the silver ring fell off the back of this one.. my 3rd pre since launch back in june..
    Many Android users probably feel the same way about the task killing programs they have to use.
    Question about the reboot scheduler -- does it do a full reboot or just a luna restart? Or is it configurable to do one or the other?

The too many cards error is almost always resolved just by doing a luna restart.
    This error is usually caused by an app that it is eating all your memory. I had this problem before with Dealert and the dev fixed it and now I don't have a problem with this app. So check what you may have..
    It's a known issue since launch (just a fact, not trying to make excuses for it). A simple restart will clear this issue. I rarely see it but every once in a while, it'll pop up. Luna restart and it's all good.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Many Android users probably feel the same way about the task killing programs they have to use.
    True but there are better hardware options for android...
    I get it when im on N4G.com and then try to open another website..

I just take it as the website takes too much memory. Usually when I close one I can open another.. but on some occasions I have to restart..

PS... Ill, who is that on your Avatar ?? GGGGGGIIIIGGGGTTY !!!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphemz View Post
    I get it when im on N4G.com and then try to open another website..

I just take it as the website takes too much memory. Usually when I close one I can open another.. but on some occasions I have to restart..

PS... Ill, who is that on your Avatar ?? GGGGGGIIIIGGGGTTY !!!
    Hey hey now that my future wife! Just waiting out her current marriage().. lol

Her name is Christina Hendricks she play Joan Holloway on the show Mad Men

Like Achill3s said Luna restart is the best option right now as it only takes about 30 Seconds.
    The best option for this is Jason Roubatille's Advanced Reset option patch, or you can get Luna Mgr.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    God, it simple. The are KNOWN memory leaks with the WebOS and certain applications.

You just need to reboot your phone.

And to make that easier there is a Reboot Scheduler or Preset Reset.

They will reboot your phone at a specified time. I have mine reset at 2am when I'm asleep.

You are doing nothing wrong and it's not the patches.

It's just a typical memory leak, and it takes a reboot, nothing more nothing less.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Hey hey now that my future wife! Just waiting out her current marriage().. lol

Her name is Christina Hendricks she play Joan Holloway on the show Mad Men
    Pheww... I'm glad you cleared that up. I was thinking it was the Borg Pre Queen doing fashion shots.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast