Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    The proper URL is the one without the _all just before the .ipk
    Finally .thank you
    I downloaded and installed with wqi but it doesnt appear anywhere
    Last edited by ferchope; 03/01/2010 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ferchope View Post
    Finally .thank you
    I think some apps don't install well with WOQI and you might have to get the SDK and install via the command line (palm-install <ipk name> )
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I'm on BELL in Canada and unfortunately we dont have paid apps yet so this worked amazingly and it ws really easy too!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I think some apps don't install well with WOQI and you might have to get the SDK and install via the command line (palm-install <ipk name> )
    I tried that too ,to no avail.Something is wrong with that file.
    Why bother? If you've installed any homebrew apps, then you've probably already used WebOSQuickInstall which works perfectly everytime, and its all GUI... no commandline.
    Quote Originally Posted by drup2003 View Post
    How does this NFS version differ from paying $9.99 for one?
    I can't tell you what the differences in the binary are....however all 3 games I downloaded and installed work fully without any limitations...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Would it be possible to make such a program like IPK Fetcher and run it like a Homebrew on the device itself? Sort of a App Catalog for all of those who can't use the real deal?

Or could Preware do this if you add the correct app stream?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    I suppose that is possible - an app to read the feed, user clicks on the app, then the result is an ipk link which one can use with filecoaster?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Finally .thank you
    Thanks that appears to be working.
    Is there a way to type in a full link say like in FileCoaster like way back in the day where it would download from the direct link?

Just trying to figure out a way to download without having to plug the phone up to a computer everytime.
    Nice! I was kinda surprised to see that Preware does not support this, seeing how it already displays the programs.... I guessed it was due to the way the palm feeds are made, but if they actually contain all the necessary data...
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Finally .thank you
    WOSQI installation of Monopoly did not work for me. At some point during installation, the PRE restarts, and after restart, the application does not show up. No icon. NFS and Sims worked perfectly well.

Any hint or other instructions? Link to SDK installation?
    The proper URL is the one without the _all just before the .ipk
    It downloads the package but doesnt show up on the phone after install, like nfs did
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I just tried this, and this is the MOST. AWESOMEST. THING. EVAR.

I basically have the u.s. (free) app catalog now!! let the good times roll!
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    WOSQI installation of Monopoly did not work for me. At some point during installation, the PRE restarts, and after restart, the application does not show up. No icon. NFS and Sims worked perfectly well.

Any hint or other instructions? Link to SDK installation?
    same problem here...
    a roller with a palm pre...
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    hey, um... is it just me, or can you get the full free app catalog in webosquickinstall by putting 'http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-catalog/Packages' in the 'manage custom feeds'?

Or am I missing something, or has someone already pointed this out?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    hey, um... is it just me, or can you get the full free app catalog in webosquickinstall by putting '' in the 'manage custom feeds'?

Or am I missing something, or has someone already pointed this out?
    I've been waiting for someone to finally realise this

You don't think I crafted the server-side redirect for nothing, do you?

(Jason: that's my congratulations present to you for Canada winning the hockey - it's just taken this long for someone to find the easter egg I put in the feeds. And it was another Aussie! But you'll still need to choose whether you do the extra work to fully enable it, there may be an ethical issue related to the Hot Apps competition.)

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/03/2010 at 05:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
    Nice! I was kinda surprised to see that Preware does not support this, seeing how it already displays the programs.... I guessed it was due to the way the palm feeds are made, but if they actually contain all the necessary data...
    The underlying wget program that Preware currently uses cannot handle https URLs. And preware.org cannot legally proxy or host any actual packages (as opposed to redirecting URLs) from Palm feeds (as most packages in the app catalog do not allow redistribution), so we can't turn the Palm https URLs into normal Preware http URLs for legal reasons.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/03/2010 at 05:43 AM.
    What about adding the GNU Wget to the Linux applications feed, like the GNU Patch. That would solve the HTTPS problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by czechdev View Post
    What about adding the GNU Wget to the Linux applications feed, like the GNU Patch. That would solve the HTTPS problem.
    That would solve the technical problem. See http://forums.precentral.net/showpos...92&postcount=4 for the potential ethical problem.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals