Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    When i download the package, it doesn't work when I try to open it. So I open it with java, then it gives me an error; I can't move on to the other steps until I find a program to open it. Please help!!
    what program do you use to open it with?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Same problem here. Clicking on the links, downloads file called "packages". Then, I try to open it, but no success. Java makes error. Everything else just doesnt work.

What program are you all using? What editor?

EDIT:::::wordpad works
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you use ipkg on the Pre for anything, be sure to give the "-o /media/cryptofs/apps" option or you will corrupt the rootfs ipkg database.

-- Rod
    Can someone explain this more clearly for a non-dev? please.
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    Same problem here. Clicking on the links, downloads file called "packages". Then, I try to open it, but no success. Java makes error. Everything else just doesnt work.

What program are you all using? What editor?

EDIT:::::wordpad works
    Hopefully someone can help with this issue, sucks bad cause I really want to try out that NFS!!
    Just Open with any text editor. e.g. notepad.
    A good idea to use preware first to search for the app you want. Note the ID number of the program you need. In your text editor they will be arranged in alphabetical order based on ID.

Copy the link to your web-browser to download.

Use WedOSQuickInstall to install the file so you don't have to worry about any of the technical stuff.
    yoooooooooo I'm downloading it now!! I hope it works!!!
    Yup its working!! Whoop whoop!! Damn I love precentral and everything it brings to my pre!!
    for some reason i can't download the monopoly free version.. sims and NFS works, but monopoly not..
    strange..
    a roller with a palm pre...
    Just because I am unsure of this I thought I should ask the question: Do you need to run the phone in developer mode in order to install things with the WOSQI or can it be done without the developer mode?

Just wondering
    Yes, you will need Dev Mode on.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huub View Post
    for some reason i can't download the monopoly free version.. sims and NFS works, but monopoly not..
    strange..
    because the file is 0 bytes
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Monopoly 404's. If anyone knows of a new source, or fix, I'm sure...ehm...EA would love to know. Cause they read these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaDAk View Post
    Monopoly 404's. If anyone knows of a new source, or fix, I'm sure...ehm...EA would love to know. Cause they read these forums.
    This is weird...on Preware it throws 404. However I did Doc my Pre with 1.4 last night and when I restored my profile it downloaded and installed fine from the App store. So to me it looks like that Preware displays the wrong url....

Hope this helps
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    This is weird...on Preware it throws 404. However I did Doc my Pre with 1.4 last night and when I restored my profile it downloaded and installed fine from the App store. So to me it looks like that Preware displays the wrong url....

Hope this helps
    Vas
    Preware sources it's information directly from the Palm XML feeds. So either Palm's feed is incorrect, or the Palm content delivery network is not allowing access to that file.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Preware sources it's information directly from the Palm XML feeds. So either Palm's feed is incorrect, or the Palm content delivery network is not allowing access to that file.

-- Rod
    Hey Rod
    Thanks for clarifying that. Could it be that the Palm feed displays the wrong url but it uses the correct when it downloads the ipk? I don't understand how when I restored my profile it downloaded ok my Pre but when I try the url from Preware it gives a 404....

Thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Hey Rod
    Thanks for clarifying that. Could it be that the Palm feed displays the wrong url but it uses the correct when it downloads the ipk? I don't understand how when I restored my profile it downloaded ok my Pre but when I try the url from Preware it gives a 404....

Thanks
    Vas
    Anything is possible. Palm is in full control of what goes out on the feed and what the content delivery network delivers in any part of the world. They can choose and implement whatever access controls they want.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Anything is possible. Palm is in full control of what goes out on the feed and what the content delivery network delivers in any part of the world. They can choose and implement whatever access controls they want.

-- Rod
    I expect it's probably a typo, since the links for NFSU and Sims work fine...
    How does this NFS version differ from paying $9.99 for one?
    Quote Originally Posted by huub View Post
    strange..
    The proper URL is the one without the _all just before the .ipk
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News