Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lexb View Post
    You should be able to figure it out by looking at the feed file linked to by the TS . But since you are a US citizien you are not allowed to use the EU versions, you can just get them from the appstore. This trick is just for EU users who would like to use free apps available in the US that are not available in their own appstore, any other usage is illegal.
    OHHHH! OK! Thanks for clearing that up.. My quest is over..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    I could open the page in the morning, and now I can't (
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Cant seem to find the german weather app wetter.com in the stream, is anyone else able to see it? I downloaded it a few weeks ago while I was on WebOS 1.1.3
    same here

Kreso
  4.    #44  
    Just to clear things up, the method only works for the free apps in the feed, because they give a direct link to the ipk-package. The paid apps (even the free eu nfs) can NOT be downloaded like this, because no direkt link to the package is given.

Pete
    It would be nice if it also reads the feeds from the beta and web only catalog as well as the updates.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    i did work yesterday - but today when i open the link in chrome he wants to download 'packages'... No more feeds for me..

someone having the same problem?!
    a roller with a palm pre...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Might have said it before but here it goes, I just love this tool.

Two months of no App Catalog made me grumpy, now im a happy bunny again.

Quote Originally Posted by petehild View Post
    Just to clear things up, the method only works for the free apps in the feed, because they give a direct link to the ipk-package. The paid apps (even the free eu nfs) can NOT be downloaded like this, because no direkt link to the package is given.

Pete
    I just set the fetcher to Spain so it shows up in the feed and had no problem downloading it. Its a real battery killer though, played less than one hour and lost 80% battery.
    Last edited by Andreas; 02/28/2010 at 06:00 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    It would be nice if it also reads the feeds from the beta and web only catalog as well as the updates.
    Here you find the other feeds that are available in preware, incl. beta, web...
    Index of /feeds/
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by huub View Post
    i did work yesterday - but today when i open the link in chrome he wants to download 'packages'... No more feeds for me..

someone having the same problem?!
    Just download the file and open it with an editor...
    Thanks Andreas.. stay tuned guys.
    Hi all,

since some of you requested the wetter.com app

Here it is ;-)

Regards,
    Heiko
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Thanks Heiko, I was actually lucky and found a link using google but its a great free app so im sure others will be happy too.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  13.    #53  
    I'm wondering why the wetter.com app is missing in the preware feeds... could it be, that its coming directly from O2?
    this is cool. thanks petehild it works. Used this process for the sims and need for speed apps.
    Here you find the other feeds that are available in preware, incl. beta, web...
    Index of /feeds/
    I meant these other feeds could be incorporated into BLacklights' IPK fetcher

Actually instead of hammering Preware servers, a smiple google search shows that Palm's 6 custom RSS feeds can be found here:

Custom Feeds - Palm Developer Center

Perhaps some savvy PHP programmer can parse the xml to come out with auto-generated webpages with the IPK download URLs for the free apps?
    I meant these other feeds could be incorporated into BLacklights' IPK fetcher

Actually instead of hammering Preware servers, a smiple google search shows that Palm's 6 custom RSS feeds can be found here:

Custom Feeds - Palm Developer Center

Perhaps some savvy PHP programmer can parse the xml to come out with auto-generated webpages with the IPK download URLs for the free apps?
    I could parse the Palm Feed, but that would require a major rewrite of the whole parsing process.. I simply don't have the time for that right now. Also, the Palm feed is much bigger as far as I know.

It's not hammering the servers by the way, every Preware start connects to it anyway, also I was told the Preware feeds are there to be used Preware Feed servers are back to normal soon, I guess.
    Ok thanks for the reply. Hope you will be able to include the other 5 preware feeds for later ipk fetcher versions. It would be great to be able to see the web app, betas and all the updates. Keep it up - I would be happy to donate to your efforts!
    Ok thanks for the reply. Hope you will be able to include the other 5 preware feeds for later ipk fetcher versions. It would be great to be able to see the web app, betas and all the updates. Keep it up - I would be happy to donate to your efforts!
    I would like to do it, but it really depends on my time, so unfortunately I can't make any promises right now.
    Thanks a lot for your donation offer, but for now I can't accept any, I haven't even posted the application here yet
    Here is a way to get quite a few of the free apps, even if they are not released for your country. Maybe most people know this, but it was new to me.

Disclaimer:
    This little HowTo gives you a way to download free apps regardless of the country you are at. It will NOT give you a way for illegally downloading paid apps.

Here you can find the original howto (it is in german though):
    Tutorial: US-only Apps auf deutschen Palm Pres - Software - Nexave Palmforum

Step 1:
    Go to the Palm-Catalog Raw-Feed
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-catalog/Packages
    Edit: If the File won't open in your Browser, just download it and open it with an editor
    Other feeds (from preware) can be found here:
    Index of /feeds/

Step 2:
    Find the App you want, the free apps have real https-links (under source) you can copy.

Step 3:
    Use the Link to download the package, for example with wget or directly with your browser
    Edit: Don't use IE it corrupts the ipk-packages (it's a pice of crap anyway)

Step 4:
    Install the app using "palm install" or "Quick Install"

I hope this helps, I hate this country based-app-stuff. It has really been making me mad lately.

An app that would let you install those free app directly on your pre would be nice.

Tschüß
    Pete
    Which program do I use to open it?
    wohooo!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast