Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    Guys, I'm the author of IPK Fetcher, and the reason why I didn't post it here yet is because it's not ready for a platform like Precentral! If it is, I will post it.

Very good

So do you think it's normal there aren't all the apps over there?
    Even if it's alpha is still good, if u tell us it's normal we will wait for another version
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour77 View Post
    Very good

So do you think it's normal there aren't all the apps over there?
    Even if it's alpha is still good, if u tell us it's normal we will wait for another version
    I still have to figure/sort some things out, if it's ready it's ready, if not.. then not
    Last edited by Blacklight; 02/27/2010 at 11:37 AM.
    The link to the feed isn't working
    Because WebOS Internals servers are overloaded... everybody in the world is using Preware to update all the patches
  5.    #25  
    Because WebOS Internals servers are overloaded... everybody in the world is using Preware to update all the patches
    I'm glad here in Germany, I got all my patches in the morning
    Ok I was following the steps above and got to the NFS page, but I don't see how to download the file anywhere. Help a n00b?
    Um, nevermind. Was going to the wrong "source" link. Got it. But how do you do what Rod said?

If you use ipkg on the Pre for anything, be sure to give the "-o /media/cryptofs/apps" option or you will corrupt the rootfs ipkg database.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Ok I was following the steps above and got to the NFS page, but I don't see how to download the file anywhere. Help a n00b?
    NFS is a paid app, so you have to buy it if you can. If you live in Europe, you will get NFS, Monopoly and Sims FREE for a limited time, until we can buy apps. You can find those three in your app catalog then..
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    On the feeds page, scroll over awhile under source until you see a https with an ipk file extension.

So, anyway, what would the negative repercussions be for abusing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGustafson View Post
    On the feeds page, scroll over awhile under source until you see a https with an ipk file extension.

So, anyway, what would the negative repercussions be for abusing this?
    What are the negative repercussions if you pirate? In the case of NFS, you basically are pirating because you CAN buy it in the US (and Canada, I think). It's free for a limited time anyway, only in Europe of course.. so it's basically a demo.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Many thanks to Blacklight for this tool. Was able to get most of my installed apps back after doctoring to 1.4.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    What are the negative repercussions if you pirate? In the case of NFS, you basically are pirating because you CAN buy it in the US (and Canada, I think). It's free for a limited time anyway, only in Europe of course.. so it's basically a demo.
    Ah, so I probably shouldn't do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGustafson View Post
    Ah, so I probably shouldn't do it?
    Only you are responsible for your actions, but if you live in the US where you can buy NFS, the answer is no, you shouldn't!

This is only for Europeans because we still have to wait for paid apps. Why hurt EA/Palm if they actually feel with us.
    But I really want it and don't have a credit card.

Haha, I'm just kidding, I'm not gonna download it
    I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway... didn't understand all that coding Rod was talking about. Like I said, n00b here...
    Has anyone been successful at getting any of the ipks?
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    The Free NFS is smaller than the US one anyway.

maddball: I was.
    Is there a App which will allow pre to remote into a server running on xp professional? This would be similar to RDP or win service terminal client. Appreciate all the help in advance.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmNSH View Post
    The Free NFS is smaller than the US one anyway.

maddball: I was.
    Not sure what im doing wrong.. Can you send me the ipks you got?
    Thanks in advance!
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    Not sure what im doing wrong.. Can you send me the ipks you got?
    Thanks in advance!
    You should be able to figure it out by looking at the feed file linked to by the TS . But since you are a US citizien you are not allowed to use the EU versions, you can just get them from the appstore. This trick is just for EU users who would like to use free apps available in the US that are not available in their own appstore, any other usage is illegal.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast