Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I believe that this rollout of 1.4 is happening in this way (staggered) because of the different carriers. 1.4 on Sprint would be mostly the same, but with minor differences from Verizon, correct?
    It doesn't make sense to me why they are doing this instead of having the major carriers do it. And it was not just GSM overseas it was Verizon in America.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I don't know, but I know it's super annoying...
    Who cares? They never officially announced the day so how can you even be annoyed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Who cares? They never officially announced the day so how can you even be annoyed?
    Because there is two days left, and the company is dying.. We can be annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    palm is not dying. Big difference between falling stocks and dying. Theyhave no intentions of closing their doors so they aren't dieing
    I bet they don't want to overload their servers. Also, they do the smaller markets as a "Soft distribution" to work out any problems. Then major markets will get.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by xadjustx View Post
    You can be annoyed with anything you want; I just don't understand why people get annoyed that an update isn't available when it was rumored to be available.
    You can be annoyed with anything you want; I just don't understand why people get annoyed that an update isn't available when it was rumored to be available.
    But there's ONLY two days left in the month that the update was promised.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    They never officially announced the day so how can you even be annoyed?
    I'm annoyed because they didn't announce the day. Even if they said, hey, you'll get the update February 28th and some people will get it the 26th, I would know. I would know when I could get the update and wouldn't have to check Precentral or my phone.

Just look at this forum now. Palm is causing so much frustration because of a small update. With a firm release date I wouldn't be annoyed at all.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Vendors I deal with rarely discuss release dates unless there is an NDA in place, and even then it is not much more than Palm gave us at CES: sometime in $MONTH. Palm gave us a lot more information that most anyone would have (as far as a software upgrade goes). Add to that, it isn't entirely Palm that contributes to any perceived delays.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I find the timing odd-- I wouldn't think that Friday night would be the best time to start updating people's phones.

Maybe they figure that if something does go wrong, it's easier to go to the store on a weekend than a week day? Although I'd be ****ed if my morning started with a jacked up phone.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    I find the timing odd-- I wouldn't think that Friday night would be the best time to start updating people's phones.

Maybe they figure that if something does go wrong, it's easier to go to the store on a weekend than a week day? Although I'd be ****ed if my morning started with a jacked up phone.
    It seems the 1.3.5 upgrade came at the end of a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post

Well, it's only the crazy people like us who are constantly tapping the update button. Most normal people won't get the update until sometime during the next week when their phone automatically alerts them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I'm annoyed because they didn't announce the day. Even if they said, hey, you'll get the update February 28th and some people will get it the 26th, I would know. I would know when I could get the update and wouldn't have to check Precentral or my phone.

Just look at this forum now. Palm is causing so much frustration because of a small update. With a firm release date I wouldn't be annoyed at all.
    So your position is that you have to check Precentral or your phone for an update that's been rumored to be released today (or yesterday, or tomorrow), and that this is Palm's fault? That you have to check? Have to?

And please, everybody, I'm responding to the attitude, not specifically to defend Palm (because I don't really think they need defending, particularly in this case). I've posted the same sort of thing on every forum I've been on in the last few years, because this entitlement mentality seems to be epidemic.

I do wonder if everyone who expects and demands perfection from the companies they buy products from are equally demanding of themselves. In my experience, they're not.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    If they do it at 3 AM, it would reduce the amount of simultaneous downloads that would hit their servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by PMac63 View Post
    If they do it at 3 AM, it would reduce the amount of simultaneous downloads that would hit their servers.
    I don't knw about that bcause I think everybody is gonna stay up tonite....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by PMac63 View Post
    The amount of people hitting refresh on the updates every 10 seconds is nowhere near the amount of people who aren't going to update until their phone tells them they have to.
    when there is necessity this picture comes from the caverns...

to all things 1.4 related:

This signature for rent
    I bet they are waiting till the very last minute of this month to release it because some ***** "in their eyes" leaked the release date not once but twice "15th and then the 25th"
    so they are ****ed and teaching us and the leaker's a lesson!
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast